Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes - 21/3 - Feedback Thread

Community
Greetings everyone,

We wanted to offer some clarification regarding a couple new upcoming changes that was recently posted in the Patch 2.0.3 Hotfixes thread:

• All class set items will now only drop in Torment I or above.

• We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya’s, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward.

The class sets weren't designed as a progression, but rather as a lateral choice between different play styles. It makes sense for all of them to be obtained at the same difficulty level, alongside the other sets that will be available at 70 in Torment I+. This should also make these very strong items a little bit more rare, and when you reach level 70 and you see someone wearing a full set, you’ll know the level of play they needed to reach in order to acquire those items.

The reward level of each difficulty setting and how they feel is very important to us, and it’s something we’ll continue to observe and tweak as we enter the expansion.

• Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

• It took us some time to evaluate whether or not we wanted to alter some of the current most popular runs. Our baseline for comparison for these alternative runs is to see how they stack up versus Adventure Mode and Bounty runs, and these different types of play should be on par (or at least fairly close). After extensive testing, we were finding this wasn't the case and came to the decision to make these changes. It’s a decision we wrestled with for a while, but ultimately, we want to avoid situations where the most efficient game play isn't necessarily the most engaging and our investigations revealed this to be that kind of situation. We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play.

Several monsters affected by this hotfix, as we are specifically targeting enemies that "swarm" around your character, i.e. monsters that normally appear in large quantities and offer little resistance.

We would like to hear your thoughts on these particular hotfixes, be they positive or negative, so please do not hesitate posting your feedback below :-)
    Edited by Vaneras on 24/03/2014 15:31 GMT
    Reply Quote
    24/03/2014 15:15Posted by Vaneras
    Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

half of the monsters in D3 is lower then the average health pools , plus they doesn't drop a THING!
    have anyone got leg from bats or tho skeletons ...etc, i dunno about
    most of you guyz but for me it never happen .

and now they reducing their exp , main while we having a BIG POOL OF EXP to fill and most of our exp are coming from them , how i see it u given us mods low exp no drop and just a thing to make some dmg numbers on ..., honestly i Don't care about Blizzard version of how should i play my game

i know they nerfed it due to the Hard core farming that going on who cares if ppl having fun doing that so be it , isn't it the reason to make the game in the first place to make ppl have fun playing it the way they love too , ofc beside making money of it .

all what i see they are doing is nerfing the people who didn't use that method in farming EXP
    because for them life will be like hell to level they paragon levels

If want to solve that if its even a problem for whatever method you guyz have how about lowering they numbers and adding more monsters with normal HP Pool!
    Not a Full land with 60% of its mods are Bats and now telling us we will lower they EXP
    bye bye my Favorite Land Fields of Misery

Also i wish to say thanks for updating us with out dating info
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12189178940
    US server from 2days ago!
    Edited by MedhatHosny#2244 on 24/03/2014 15:28 GMT
    Reply Quote
    We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya’s, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward.

That didn't really change anything about Torment being more rewarding... how did it affect me? I already play in Torment, so you tell me how did this change me get more rewards for playing in Torment? It didn't change anything it's still the same for me, but it's not the same for people who don't play in torment... your way was basically ohhh you play in normal because torment is not rewarding? no problem we will nerf lower difficulties... here is your rewarding torment difficulty... wow what a way to make it 'more rewarding' lol... come on there is so many better ideas...

Every time... your ways of fixing something is by nerfing something instead of buffing something that needs to be buffed...

Nerfing only causes people to get mad.

About the xp nerf... you are basically saying sorry but we don't like you farming one zone only, we want you to force into adventure mode/bounty. What if I don't like those? (I like them but it's just an example). Let's not even talk about Campaign mode... most of the xp came from killing monsters on the way to finish all the quests...
    Edited by Novuhz#1403 on 24/03/2014 15:40 GMT
    Reply Quote
    tbh they can force all they want, if i want to blow up monsters in one spot for the odd 20 minutes, thats whats going to happen, nerfed exp or not.
    Reply Quote
    I have to say that I don't like the changes at all.

What you have to do to make torment dificulty more rewarding is giving a garanteed legendary for each act boss after a quest reset, not punishing everyone that plays in lower dificulties.

As for the experience change, there's no balance in what you've done. I don't do CotA runs, I play the game normally and I'm affected by that change only in a bad way.

If those small minions gave to much experience then there's nothing wrong in nerfing them, just make sure to compensate with an experience boost in the other mobs. Or decrease the number of small minions and increase the number of the rest of the mobs.
    Reply Quote
    While the changes may be good for the longevity of the game, the changes happened almost at the worst possible time. By that i mean the community buff increased to 100%, yet mobs now offered less xp. To many, this may have been very demoralizing. It really sucks to be given a carrot and having it taken away before you thought it would happen. Personally, i lost my will to keep levelling up. I do, however, understand why the changes were made, and welcome them (or at least accept them as a reality). As for the set drops, the timing of that change doesn't really matter, so no complaints there.

Long story short: The xp nerf should have happened months ago, long before the new patch.

24/03/2014 15:56Posted by Bleash
    What you have to do to make torment dificulty more rewarding is giving a garanteed legendary for each act boss after a quest reset, not punishing everyone that plays in lower dificulties.

Run through the act on normal, do the boss on Torment. This is why it wouldn't work.
    Edited by Madis#2353 on 24/03/2014 15:58 GMT
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    24/03/2014 15:15Posted by Vaneras
    Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

all what i see they are doing is nerfing the people who didn't use that method in farming EXP
    because for them life will be like hell to level they paragon levels

This.

This 100%.

A handful of people ran COTA runs. They now have 500+ paragon levels.

The rest of us, who farm different areas, full act runs etc wont be able to reach paragon 500 for a long time.

I use to average a 30% of a paragon level per 20 minute run. This was reasonable for me, as over a few hours, I would gain 2-3 levels.

Today, I completed 2 of my 20 minute runs, and I earned a grand total of 2 bars.

It's going to take me several weeks / months to reach the next milestone of paragon 400.

I would like it fixed, but it's probably going to stay like this for a long time.

I posted on the US forums the following

Ok,your taking away mob density farming. that's understandable.

But you need to balance this out. Increase the XP granted from killing elite packs in higher torments, so when you take down a tough elite pack (e.g waller, frozen fire chain etc) you get a nice reward when that legendary item does not drop.

At the moment, it's easy to skip the elites and go for the mobs. But why not make us want to kill them? I don't want to chest farm and run cota, keep 3 runs. I want to run the game, find elites and kill them while completing quests/rifts/bounties etc. But elites are so un-rewarding, it's too time consuming to kill them. But if they gave a few mill xp more, then i'd gladly spend more time fighting them.

This would be a perfect time to Jay Wilson it. Double the XP from killing elites.
    Edited by RoyalMarine#2579 on 24/03/2014 15:59 GMT
    Reply Quote
    I just want to know if 2H weapons are working as intended right now? :/
    Reply Quote
    I only hope that Bounties/Adventure mode will be a reasonable amount of XP gain.

Because really, even with the 100% bonus buff over the weekend the XP in every area was abysmal - worse than with the 50% buff (i played the entire weekend).

I never did a single CotA run, never farmed Mira, never did anything of the sort.

I liked clearing areas, acts.

Right now some areas aren't even worth the time doing, like Weeping Hollow. That was a fun area, too :\

Hope you know what you're doing. We'll see when we get to 70.
    Reply Quote
    24/03/2014 16:02Posted by Saphiras

They've been working as intended since 2.0.3. The 2h weapons that are dropping in 2.0 at 60 aren't 60 level items. It's been explained.

Get to 70, where there are both level 70 one handers and level 70 two handers.

Anyway this is off-topic.
    Edited by SilverD#2963 on 24/03/2014 16:05 GMT
    Reply Quote
    24/03/2014 16:02Posted by Saphiras

They've always been working as intended. The 2h weapons that are dropping in 2.0 at 60 aren't 60 level items. It's been explained.

Get to 70.

Anyway this is off-topic.

Ah I see. My apologies.
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    View profile
    Firstly, regarding set drops in torment. I'm all for that, that's cool. Torment (70) in hardcore is a scary place, and makes dropping a level 70 class set all the sweeter. At least then I feel it's earned. Torment (again I stress the level 70 version of it) should be hard, and it should be striven for and not handed to you on a plate. If it were, it would drastically reduce the shelf life of the game.

Secondly, the XP nerf. Well I think you guys have for this one wrong I'm afraid. Easy kills (skeletons, zombies etc) shouldn't have been nerfed across the board. If you're concerned about people farming high density areas for weak mobs (crypt runs, CotA) them you should nerf the density here (and only here) appropriately. The tougher enemies, should instead be buffed for drops. I have fought very hard elite packs (multiple at some points) on T3 HC and got a single blue as a reward. What a mockery. Yet click on a fire pit in halls of agony (by accident) and a star ends up on my minimap. This I feel is wrong. Tough fights should mean bigger rewards.

Loot v2.0 was designed to be "you won't get as many drops but they'll roll better". Well it isn't. I get less drops, and they're still poor. Especially from some of the the toughest cookies in the game. Elites/champions.
    Reply Quote
    24/03/2014 16:07Posted by Arbeia
    Loot v2.0 was designed to be "you won't get as many drops but they'll roll better". Well it isn't. I get less drops, and they're still poor. Especially from some of the the toughest cookies in the game. Elites/champions.

This!

As for the exp nerf, It feels like balance went right out the window, instead of just some areas being unduely rewarding.
    everywhere feels like a colossal waste of time, exp from elites is a bit, hmpf why bother.
    Reply Quote
    All you did was take away reward from normal difficulty, to make " torment appear better" you didn't buff torment at all.

-Why not Leave normal alone and buff torment this is the same thing you guys do over and over ad nausea. You nerf something in order to give the illusion of "falsely make something else look better"

Stop being lazy and trying to fool people by this and actually make other things better.
    Reply Quote
    I made a topic concerning legendary drops. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10119352352

I dont understand the nerf of low health mobs you also did this with the spiders (a year ago or so) in the core. Like Arbeia already stated why not make those places less dense.

And for real...lets make Diablo the loot farming game we are looking for so PLS let killing elitepacks be more rewarding then putting on some vitgear and run for chests in the core on T6.

And just another note.....are we less then USforums? This was already on the USforum 3 days ago.
    Edited by Kotor#2177 on 24/03/2014 16:23 GMT
    Reply Quote
    Can you just stop endlessly nerfing?

Since loot 2.0 was released, a big positive...all you have done is negative:-

Nerfed xp time after time, how many times as xp been nerfed now 6, 7+ times?
    Nerfed chests.
    Nerfed cursed chests.
    Nerfed class set drop chances.
    Nerfed some skills.

It creates a very, very bad, negative impression.

How many players debating on wether or not to buy RoS have you influenced NOT to buy it because of your endless nerfs?

Everybody is pretty much assuming anything good in RoS is going to be nerfed/destroyed within weeks/a month.

You did the same when the original D3 was released as well nerfed everything and 8/10 of those nerfs were a MASSIVE overreaction and not needed in the long run.

STOP IT!
    Reply Quote
    been leveling a fresh barb today and its sooooooooo slow now. when you hit 50 you want to cry
    Reply Quote
    I am sorry Venaris,

This is basically the path of least resistance, and just pure lazy tbh, for the devs to make rather than fixing the actual problem. Band aids are a temporary solution to a permanent problem with this game, ALL GEAR IS PROGRESSIVE, Period! Its not a lateral choice when RNG is as fickle as some woman can be. For Torment to feel more rewarding all you really did was a massive nerf, the logical solution is to create new gear sets with new set bonuses for each class and make them Torment 1 or above and have their bonuses reflect the path of resistance aka be more powerful/utilitarian to the class itself. Instead of making set bonuses cater to "specific builds", I use build loosely because all are the same with lack of RPG in this game, they should reflect a specific branch of the skill set like the crusader defensive branch and have individual buffs for each different skill in the last bonus.

As for the hp ratio to xp nerf that I can understand, but this goes into the philosophy that is Diablo the objective are the Bosses, Unique, and Champion Packs, the rest is simply trash. WoW may be about grinding trash mobs for rewards but to be honest Diablo always was about taking on the big guys, if I want to grind and kill boring normal mobs I'll subscribe to a Korean MMO. If a legendary or a large xp bonus comes from certain mobs that's fine its icing on the cake so to speak, but all real rewards should be from killing the proper villians. On a funny note the irony is where exactly was that giant 2 hander Skorn being carried by the midget mobs???????????I have a few ideas.
    Bosses should have a higher percentile drop rate that increases with the difficulty, in Torment 3 or above Legendaries should have a 50% or higher drop rate because the difficulty and mechanics can provide a challenge, but this is only through resets in which cannot be abused really where a FULL run to Diablo must occur.

Also Stop trying to tell us what is fun, when did you turn into Apple? Seriously we can determine what is fun for ourselves, We want choices and options, that is what Adventure/Bounties and all that extra junk become, an alternative way to achieve the same goal, in a similar time frame and resistance level.

Ladder though should be about a competition to see within a season based on points derived from, paragon level, Gear score, Kill count points based on amount and mob type. Gear needs also to reflect the challenge and there needs to be Ladder specific legendaries that encourage completion as the reward aka super stat ones with a lower drop rate, even after a season when the character is retired to the normal status PC it should be given something based on the amount of time and energy put in like specific legendary rewards for participating in the season and perhaps a specific set for the top 5 of each class with place affecting the roll chances. Players want to feel rewarded. Don't change these rewards though from season to season leave them be so every player has a chance over the years to possibly reap the rewards on altleast one character fairly. This will also encourage the power player to change class every season after they win and dedicate themselves to a particular class itself.
    Reply Quote
    If you're going to lower the experience of easy to kill mobs (which makes perfect sense) then increase the experience gained by killing bigger, harder mobs.

And for goodness sake, please make killing elite packs worth while.
    Edited by Rex#2133 on 24/03/2014 16:56 GMT
    Reply Quote
    The rewards on killing the strongest mobs and the champion/elite packs arent that great atm.. if they can nerf weak mobs so people wont farm them much, why not boosting xp and loot from strongest ones to make them worth the effort?
    And boost resplandecent chests aswell..they are very rare but seem to have the same loot drops as a normal white chest.. and please if you do something about this, dont nerf the white chests, boost the resplandescent ones instead!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]