Diablo® III

ROS... and gold

So my initial thought about ROS is how incredible it looks and sounds. much more of a "Diablo" sound to it. so big props on that blizz..

Now my issue.

Where is the gold???

completing rifts essentially nets nothing, completing bounties nets close to nothing, and you get what like 10k from quests in campaign mode...

this might be slightly different if you can farm T6 all day long.. but come on.. for most of us it will take about 2-3 hours of farming gold to make one gem..

i started off the day with about 300m. i have made about 40 or so gems of varying quality. completed act 5, a bunch of rifts and bounties for the last 13 or so hours and made i would say maybe 3-4m of it back...

i get that you wanted us to have to spend time playing to get the "good gear" so we would need to spend time grinding to get the gold to re roll. but really.. T1 with 300 additional GF and a full clear of act 3 and i get 65k...

feel free to flame.. i know its going to happen... enjoy
Reply Quote
This is very true, I wish they fix that, my golds keep going away instead of going up. And I'm not talking about the inflating gem prices, repair costs feel too high even at times you rarely die. I started RoS with 3.5 mil gold, and now I have litle over 2 mil, granted I spend a considerable chunk on jeweler but still, I think at this rate I wont have enough gold to repair my gears once I reach act v and set the difficulty on Torment.
Edited by Darkfield#2974 on 26/03/2014 05:45 GMT
Reply Quote
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I am a casual player and started on Tuesday with around 6 mil gold and I am now up to 9 mil. gold with one character on level 70.

I have upgraded the smith, the jeweler and the mystic to level 12 and I have spent a ton of gold every few levels to also craft the right gear for my crusader. Lastly I only play on hard so there are not that large gold piles dropping.
Reply Quote
26/03/2014 06:07Posted by Kerozard
I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I am a casual player and started on Tuesday with around 6 mil gold and I am now up to 9 mil. gold with one character on level 70.

I have upgraded the smith, the jeweler and the mystic to level 12 and I have spent a ton of gold every few levels to also craft the right gear for my crusader. Lastly I only play on hard so there are not that large gold piles dropping.

Well as you said you are casual and don't know anything about gaming.
Gold is pretty low due to the fact that nobody is botting etc and selling on ah.

We had the same problem in original diablo3 when ppls couldn't afford rpr.
Reply Quote
To craft the higher recipies or enchant high level items, you need a lot of gold. You can't expect to gather enough gold for such high-power services, by playing 1 hour - you must play more to be able to craft and enchant the highest level of items.

For now, spent it on what you can afford, or hoard it for later. Many other players are playing more than you and gather the gold required for their needs.

You can't have the best of both worlds in this case, both lots of gold and just casually playing.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 26/03/2014 06:36 GMT
Reply Quote
I started with 12M. Currently at 2M. My costs are nothing but gems. A few rerolls on enchanting and transmog here and there. Those are reasonably priced. But the prices for gems are ridiculous. Far too ridiculous. I've got tons of gems sitting there. Unable to upgrade, because I do not have the gold for it.

You can't expect to gather enough gold for such high-power services, by playing 1 hour - you must play more to be able to craft and enchant the highest level of items

These are my days off work and I've played a good 20+ hours solid and I'm out gold. I'm playing T2. The cost for gems is just too high.
Edited by ohnoz#2773 on 26/03/2014 06:42 GMT
Reply Quote
Im sure new ways of gold grinding will be available / exploited / discovered
e.g rather than playing t2
So just wait a week and i assure youtube will be filled with info :))
Edited by iNsoM#2966 on 26/03/2014 06:48 GMT
Reply Quote
Just wait a month or so. Back when D3 was released the cost for crafting gems was also ridiculously overpriced (so was repairing gear). They tuned the prices down relatively quick.
Reply Quote
gold has value. I'm happy for it.
Reply Quote
Tip of the day. Loot every blue and yellow item and sell it and you should at least double the amount of gold you find.

Just accept the loss of AH, RMAH and the easy gold they offered and play the game, why would anyone want the best gear ever in just a few hours of playing?
After all the game is the same no matter what difficulty you choose.
Reply Quote
26/03/2014 07:36Posted by Uvirean
Just wait a month or so. Back when D3 was released the cost for crafting gems was also ridiculously overpriced (so was repairing gear). They tuned the prices down relatively quick.

Well they will do it only if we complain and make threads like this about it :P
Reply Quote
Theres alot of gold finding gear as well, might be that we finally get good use for em, I like :)
Reply Quote
im glad to see that i am not the only person to think that this is an issue. i did find a way to make a little bit more money. i started using a 100% gf chest that only took off 10% dps. the results have been somewhat good.. although i blew everything i made making my toon like like a boss before rolling malthael. he put up a hell of a fight though...
Reply Quote
So people wanted BoA but now it's to hard to actually grind gold?

It's so funny. Gold is fine..
Reply Quote
I totally agree, now I can't even afford to combine 2 kinds of gems to use.
Reply Quote
went from 12m gold on launch to nothing now.

it would've been nice to know rerolling enchants over and over had a scaling gold cost as well
Reply Quote
No, OP is right, Blizz tuned down the gold drops/income off everything, If you scale gemming/crafting/repairing to what you pick up off the floor i.e, Blues/Rares, Whatever you'll still have a huge deficit of gold in comparison, I just think the gold needs to be scaled accordingly, Gold has a value and while that's nice and all, Having none at all to even work with is far worse
Reply Quote
26/03/2014 12:14Posted by angelar
went from 12m gold on launch to nothing now.

it would've been nice to know rerolling enchants over and over had a scaling gold cost as well

Yup. Part of BoA is to spend hours upon hours just grinding gold.

The BoA fanatics wanted to work for their gear. Now they got their wish granted!
Reply Quote
I only recently came back to D3 for 2.0 and I started ros with about 15mil down to 2mil now purely because of the high gem costs. Agree that they are way too high.
Reply Quote
Prices are fine. Most rares NPC for 4-5k+ each, a rift can net you like 150k-200k easy lol.

You guys always want everything for nothing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]