Diablo® III

Mantle of Rydraelm: 6 random properties?!

OK, I dropped the recipe for this armor.
This looks cool, 6 random properties, considering it's an armor, it's a lot!

Now my question is, will it run "like other armors", so no special stats (like critical/attack speed/critical damage) or considering it's a legendary, it will just roll "random stats"?

I'm asking this because the only damaging stat on the armor is actually INT, so I can get int, armor, all res (which I don't need that much but can be helpful) and from my understanding I'm quite sure you can't have armor AND all res. The fourth should be 3 sockets and the last 2 are two secondaries.

However, if this is the way it's supposed to be (no special properites), the legendary armor lacks a bit of personality. And considering you need the recipe plus an item that I have never seen (a legendary one), a lot of mats and money, it doesn't seem worth it.

So before even trying to craft it, I want some clarifications about this armor
Reply Quote
I believe that 6 properties is the standard on most items.

4 primary + 2 secondary.
Reply Quote
If it's just 6 random properties and it doesn't specify a unique effect with every craft, it will just be the general properties that chest armours can roll, but it rolls higher on them. Look at my crafted gloves as an example. 700ish Int/Vit. Not possible on rare.

If a crafted legendary has a unique effect it will state it on the information displayed before crafting.
Edited by ohnoz#2773 on 26/03/2014 06:22 GMT
Reply Quote
Mh ok guys thanks.
I may think about crafting it, I'll cry when it'll roll really bad :S
Reply Quote
They key point is (as mentioned), it will roll stat ranges much higher than rares can so is very much worth trying to craft a good one (or at least good enough to reforge it).
Reply Quote
item stats were changed with 2.0 so that an item cannot have more than 4 primary stats, so when it says "6 random properties" what it means is, it could roll a single primary stat, and 5 secondary stats, or 4 primary and 2 secondary, or any combination of them, but excluding specific legendary armour (like tal rasha chest for example that has 5 primary stats), you will never see an item with more than 4 primary stats on it, this goes for weapons aswell.
Reply Quote
26/03/2014 16:11Posted by Rogoth01
item stats were changed with 2.0 so that an item cannot have more than 4 primary stats, so when it says "6 random properties" what it means is, it could roll a single primary stat, and 5 secondary stats, or 4 primary and 2 secondary, or any combination of them, but excluding specific legendary armour (like tal rasha chest for example that has 5 primary stats), you will never see an item with more than 4 primary stats on it, this goes for weapons aswell.
lies the obsidian ring!!
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 05:59Posted by Maverick
lies the obsidian ring!!

The all stats on obsidian ring is counted as one single primary stat, I tried rolling str from it, lost 170 int/vit/dex as well
Reply Quote
05/04/2014 09:09Posted by Kuosi
05/04/2014 05:59Posted by Maverick
... lies the obsidian ring!!

The all stats on obsidian ring is counted as one single primary stat, I tried rolling str from it, lost 170 int/vit/dex as well

Thats funny, when I rolled my Obsidian Ring that high high Int (since I found it on my Witch Doctor. I rolled it for Str to use on my Barb, it rerolled the Str high then just dropped the Int to a normal level and left every single other stat on it. You sir got screwed.
Reply Quote
26/04/2014 19:03Posted by IKurganI

Thats funny, when I rolled my Obsidian Ring that high high Int (since I found it on my Witch Doctor. I rolled it for Str to use on my Barb, it rerolled the Str high then just dropped the Int to a normal level and left every single other stat on it. You sir got screwed.

what your saying is the opposite of what he describes.

you have say 170 of all stats and then and additional int roll. you rolled the int roll while he rolled the all stats
Reply Quote

I have never ever ever ever EVER seen an item with more than 2 secondary stats. I have occasionally seen some specific legendaries with 5 primary and 1 secondary (such as my magefists), but that's part of their legendary "usefullness".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]