Diablo® III

Fetish Sycophants and Fetish Army damage

Hi all,

I am NOT using the Fetish Army skill.
quick question: do the fetishes summoned by the Fetish Sycophants passive skill benefit from the +% Fetish Army Damage from your items? Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
I dont know if the above post is actually true since they do atleast benefit from the #4 set bonus from http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/zunimassas-vision and that one specifically says it's for Fetish army
Reply Quote
AFAIK, no, but they do benefit from %phys dmg.

All the info http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749472

Attack speed: Pets have a set attack speed, but their damage is based on your attack speed.
Critical hit chance: Pets take advantage of your sheet critical hit chance to do 50% more damage when they do crit.
Physical skills deal X% more damage: FA and FS fetishes gain benefits here. (Also Pile on)
Fire Skills deal X% more damage: Your vampire bats, burning dogs, and Fetish Army tiki torches benefit from this.
Poison Skills deal X% more damage: Fetish Army head hunters benefit from this.
Intelligence: Derp. I mean yes. INT increase their damage.
Elite damage: Definitely yes! Such as on the http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan (btw, I think that's probably a Best in Slot item with +Physical damage)

These do not benefit pets:
Critical hit damage: Pets have a static 50% crit dmg and can't get boosted by stats.
Area damage: Pets simply don't proc area damage
Chance to freeze/stun/etc: They can't proc them.
Chance to do [insert special legendary affix]: They also can't do this.
Life on hit: Zero. Same as the above, they simply can't proc stuff. Exception: Dogs life on hit run does gain life on hit, but not chance to freeze/etc.
Fierce Loyalty and Thorns: Fetishes do not benefit from Fierce Loyalty life regen and do not apply Thorns damage.

Special Case:
Big Bad Voodoo:
Pets gain movement speed in all runes.
Pets gain healing from Ghost Trance.
However, for pets to gain DAMAGE from BBV, you need to stand inside the BBV ring of influence. If you stand outside BBV's ring, even if they are standing inside it, they won't do more damage. Remember that when setting up your totem, you may want to set it up a bit farther away from enemies.
Pets do not gain attack speed from any rune.
Side note: If on a team with other Witch Doctors, coordinate your BBV runes because if you all use Slam Dance, they won't stack. It's better to spread the love.
Reply Quote
thanks a lot Stranger for the detailed info, much appreciated.
You have a cold beer from me.
Reply Quote
Fetish Sycophant DO NOT benefit from zuni #4 set... stop saying wrong stuff
Reply Quote
27/03/2014 17:08Posted by Stranger
Critical hit damage: Pets have a static 50% crit dmg and can't get boosted by stats.

This is false. There is no crit cap for pets anymore.
Reply Quote
why do pet WD's take area damage in paragon if pets absolutely do not proc it? O.o (I saw a fewvideos (2.0.5 patch tho) that say "take Area Damage") What is the point? Phiranas and toads do next to no damage and area damage mechanic does not hit the target that it proced off of so if you are shooting mobs in phirandoo your rain of toads will already cover all mobs in there without the need for area damage, or am I wrong?
Reply Quote
why do pet WD's take area damage in paragon if pets absolutely do not proc it? O.o (I saw a fewvideos (2.0.5 patch tho) that say "take Area Damage") What is the point? Phiranas and toads do next to no damage and area damage mechanic does not hit the target that it proced off of so if you are shooting mobs in phirandoo your rain of toads will already cover all mobs in there without the need for area damage, or am I wrong?

If you play with Fetish Sycophants you should do as many hits in a second as you can to have a realy big army of fetishes. So if you point in area dmg you raise your hits in a second.
It's my theory and I'm not using it for now but i will think about it after your post =)

About phys % skill dmg and FS.
I've made some tests with FS and % phys dmg. Now i'm not sure they are effected by % phys skill dmg.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-gidbinn
Fetishes made by this weapon (they are different) certanly does NOT takes any effect from % phys dmg.
Reply Quote
[quote]

About phys % skill dmg and FS.
I've made some tests with FS and % phys dmg. Now i'm not sure they are effected by % phys skill dmg.

Fairly sure Phys % does affect FS damages - if I use my doombringer (6% less dps on sheet but 20% more phys % than my TF) then my FS crits jump from a normal 7.5 - 9.5 up to 8.5-11 on trash.

I still use my sucky flayer normally though because its so much less thinking with addling toad rune so I can keep up with TV shows at same time ^^
Reply Quote
No, Sycophants do NOT benefit from +FA.

They don't work with 4-set Zuni either, but they do overwrite FA if you use it.

Sycophants are always physical, FA depends on your Rune.

Bottom line: Don't use sycos and FA together and don't use +FA with Sycos.
Edited by Mlau#2116 on 24/06/2014 15:15 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]