Diablo® III

Legacy Triumvirate seems to trigger Elemental Exposure

Testing Setup: Black Weapon + Legacy Triumvirate. No other equipment, no passives that influence this, no buffs, no shrines, no follower, nothing that should interfere.

Basic attack used (removed skill from skill slot). Non-elemental.

Testing Results:

Basic, non-elemental attack without legacy Triumvirate: Elemental Exposure does not trigger. The visible effect above the enemy does not occur.

Basic, non-elemental attack with legacy Triumvirate: EE triggers, the visible effect occurs.

Elemental attack (1 Element) without Triumvirate equiped: EE triggers, the effect occurs.

Conclusion:

Legacy Triumvirate does affect EE, though I cannot reliably tell you if it works for more than 1 element, as one element already triggers EE (as confirmed in Test 3). It might also be that Legacy Triumvirate does 1 Elemental damage (from the base damage attribute) and this triggers. We cannot be sure here. However: Damage-wise the lowest I've seen with EE deactivated (switched the passive) was ~19k damage, the lowest I've seen with EE activated was ~22k damage. This fits nicely with 15% damage increase from EE (3 elements).

Discussion:

a) Anything I could've forgotten in my testing setup? Anywhere I could've gotten elemental damage from?

b) If not: I would like to have this confirmed by other testers. Remove your gear and your basic attack skill and test with EE and the Legacy Triumvirate and confirm the numbers I've seen.

c) If this turns out true, legacy Triumvirate should be, hands down, the best source. 15% multiplicative damage for any attack you do with any skill you do without having to worry about anything should pretty much beat Loot 2.0 Sources all the way. Is that the case?

See also:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards/comments/2249p4/legacy_triumvirate_seems_to_trigger_elemental/
Reply Quote
It only works with basic attack. In any other case, Triumvirate does not apply EE stacks, as all skills convert the element.
For your testing pay attention to the debuff icon. It changes intensity with the number of stacks.
Reply Quote
Hm. This is strange to me, as EE explicitely states it takes the element of the weapon into account. I would assume this applies to these suffixes as well, however, the icon seems to be darker indeed in comparison. It's hard to do numbers without using basic attack though.
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 18:54Posted by Aerius
Hm. This is strange to me, as EE explicitely states it takes the element of the weapon into account. I would assume this applies to these suffixes as well, however, the icon seems to be darker indeed in comparison.
Well, you are not the only one. This is a very persistent rumor... But I assure you, legacy Triumvirate does not affect EE stacks.
It's hard to do numbers without using basic attack though.
The real problem is the Triumvirate. With a source in hand you can't easily get your min damage equal to your max damage for some real damage testing.
But the debuff icon does the job. And I also tried with legacy Frostburn Gauntlets and a min=max damage setup just to be sure.

Legacy elemental affixes do not count.
Reply Quote
I wonder if this will change anything:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329613352
Reply Quote
I don't see why it would. They are mainly talking about the plain "x% more damage" weapon affix and how it doesn't correctly buff elemental weapons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]