Diablo® III

Blade of prophecy nerf confirmed

As alot of people has been wondering. YES the Blade of Prophecy was stealth nerfed. Blizzard claims it was meant to work like this. But the tooltip CLEARLY says otherwise.

Confirmation from Lylirra on blizzardposts.com

http://www.blizzposts.com/topic/en/263713/what-did-you-do-to-my-blade-of-prophecy

I will be switching to Wizard now that crusader is having an even harder time being able to do alot of dmg.

Here is the confirmation..

Alright, folks. Here's the follow up:

Blade of Prophecy currently only procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many targets are Condemned while the weapon is equipped.
This is intended functionality of the weapon, and has been since it was implemented. (This is really what I wanted to confirm.)
No changes have been made to Blade of Prophecy since RoS shipped, and no known bugs are currently active with the weapon.

Just as an FYI, I've already passed along the feedback regarding BoP's tooltip and the relevant secondary affix being somewhat misleading/confusing. :)
Edited by Keniwa#2225 on 22/04/2014 14:00 BST
Reply Quote
it was working like that from START tooltip just wasnt clear enough

22/04/2014 08:21Posted by Keniwa
I will be switching to Wizard now that crusader is having an even harder time being able to do alot of dmg.

#wow

#doorisoverthere

#myweaponnowwontdoinfinitedamageastooltipstatedQQ
Reply Quote
Community
22/04/2014 08:21Posted by Keniwa
As alot of people has been wondering. YES the Blade of Prophecy was stealth nerfed.

Uh no, not really, not at all! Blade of Prophecy was not changed since Reaper of Souls shipped.

The item procs two extra explosions of Condemn, regardless of how many enemies are condemned while the weapon is equipped. This is the intended functionality of the item and there are no open bugs associated with it.

However, we do realise that the tooltip is misleading and have passed on that feedback to our designers. Please note that updating a tooltip means changing data on the client side, which is something we can't do in a hotfix. Instead, we intend to tackle this in a future patch.
Reply Quote
i love this color so much

thank you Ulvareth
Reply Quote
I used BoP for a week and it definitely triggered more than 2 extra explosions. I could believe if they told it was 3-4 extra maybe but just 2?

In any case, it's not really worth it anymore. God knows why they decided to nerf it when everybody and their aunt is using Jekangbord with other weapons.
Reply Quote
I had this drop for me yesterday and immediately started using it. First of all it's really hard to spot who got hit by the extra 2 proc's, and some times it looked like everything got hit by an extra exploision. Perhaps it IS bugged in where it sometimes procs on all enemies.
Reply Quote
22/04/2014 09:59Posted by Ulvareth
Please note that updating a tooltip means changing data on the client side, which is something we can't do in a hotfix. Instead, we intend to tackle this in a future patch.

Is it THAT hard to release a 10 kB patch to change a few words in a freaking tooltip? -_-
Reply Quote
22/04/2014 11:00Posted by tamas94
Please note that updating a tooltip means changing data on the client side, which is something we can't do in a hotfix. Instead, we intend to tackle this in a future patch.

Is it THAT hard to release a 10 kB patch to change a few words in a freaking tooltip? -_-

apperently it is easy for them to change the weapon in the data base but to release a a few kb patch is hard... just ...
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
However, we do realise that the tooltip is misleading and have passed on that feedback to our designers. Please note that updating a tooltip means changing data on the client side, which is something we can't do in a hotfix. Instead, we intend to tackle this in a future patch.

Then you should change the tooltip on Lut Socks too: "Leap can be cast again within 2 seconds before the cooldown begins." (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/lut-socks) because THIS means it infinite as long as you keep leaping. There is a max of three leaps and the tooltip should convey this :-)
Reply Quote
22/04/2014 11:22Posted by OioxFûl

Then you should change the tooltip on Lut Socks too: "Leap can be cast again within 2 seconds before the cooldown begins." (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/lut-socks) because THIS means it infinite as long as you keep leaping. There is a max of three leaps and the tooltip should convey this :-)

That's a bit picky... It should be quite obvious that the tooltip means the cooldown will start 2 seconds after you first cast it. Not that it'll be delayed for 2 seconds after each recast infinitely.
Reply Quote
22/04/2014 11:22Posted by OioxFûl

there is huge difference between the 2 one of them its bit obvious that it will start after 2 seconds the other one is just 2 different writtings they say its 2 explosion on condemned mobs and the item indicates all affected mobs by condemn will trigger an explosion, dont be picky...
Reply Quote
22/04/2014 10:53Posted by Overblaze
Uh no, not really, not at all! [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/blade-of-prophecy"]Blade of Prophecy[/url] was not changed since Reaper of Souls shipped.

The item procs two extra explosions of [url="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/crusader/active/condemn"]Condemn[/url], regardless of how many enemies are condemned while the weapon is equipped. This is the intended functionality of the item and there are no open bugs associated with it.

first of all the item does not activate 2 more explosions it has to hit condemned mob(in other words mob in 15 yards from you) to activate the 2 extra explosion

second of all the tooltip aint misleading the weapon untill now did what it was suppose for every mob that is in 15 yards of you is hit by condemn triggers another explosion the sequence of it was it activates on the first mob and than the second third etc etc now if the mobs die within the 15 yards from your explosion or the secondery etc etc they wont activate the explosion since they are dead and arent condemned anymore so yeah the item wasnt misleading it did what it was suppose to do now that you nerfed it secertly and trying to lie which im pretty shocked by it is just outrages! at least say that you nerfed the item since it was pretty much op i have no doubt about it but at least say the truth and not hide behind a wall of lies!!!!!

You have no reason to assume that they're lying to you though. Every time they've nerfed an item they've come out and said that they nerfed it, why would this one be any different? If they were truthful about the other item nerfs and fixes why would they be dishonest about this one? They wouldn't.
Reply Quote
However, we do realise that the tooltip is misleading and have passed on that feedback to our designers.

Affix on Blade of Prophecy.

All Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn's explosion.

misleading

This may be the understatement of the year.
Reply Quote
Just to clarify BoP was one of my first lvl 70 legendaries, and it always was like this, no more than 2 explosions. Which is Ok, this means it becomes 3k%dps skill for 15 second CD. I cant understand how so many players got confused by trolls on US forum.
About the misleading tolltip, yes it is annoying, but there are alot of skill/items with hidden game mechanics which gets revealed and posted in wikis or forums- For me this is part of the game
Reply Quote
22/04/2014 14:26Posted by X3Btel
Just to clarify BoP was one of my first lvl 70 legendaries, and it always was like this, no more than 2 explosions. Which is Ok, this means it becomes 3k%dps skill for 15 second CD. I cant understand how so many players got confused by trolls on US forum.
About the misleading tolltip, yes it is annoying, but there are alot of skill/items with hidden game mechanics which gets revealed and posted in wikis or forums- For me this is part of the game

Very well. I just remember seeing it proc more than 2 explosions. That might just have been me seeing what I wanted to see after reading the tooltip. Oh well. Guess we will have to wait for the tooltips then. Wonder how many legendaries need "tooltip update"
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

first of all the item does not activate 2 more explosions it has to hit condemned mob(in other words mob in 15 yards from you) to activate the 2 extra explosion

second of all the tooltip aint misleading the weapon untill now did what it was suppose for every mob that is in 15 yards of you is hit by condemn triggers another explosion the sequence of it was it activates on the first mob and than the second third etc etc now if the mobs die within the 15 yards from your explosion or the secondery etc etc they wont activate the explosion since they are dead and arent condemned anymore so yeah the item wasnt misleading it did what it was suppose to do now that you nerfed it secertly and trying to lie which im pretty shocked by it is just outrages! at least say that you nerfed the item since it was pretty much op i have no doubt about it but at least say the truth and not hide behind a wall of lies!!!!!

You have no reason to assume that they're lying to you though. Every time they've nerfed an item they've come out and said that they nerfed it, why would this one be any different? If they were truthful about the other item nerfs and fixes why would they be dishonest about this one? They wouldn't.

Yeah thats the odd part when they said an skill is just over powered and needs to be under tuned they came out and said it like heavens fury last rune that did 950% and nerfed it to 750% they came out and said that and same with shard of hate they said the item is bugged thats not nerfing the item was bugged and fixed it but this time its totally different they claiming the item affix was misleading whats misleading here? All Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn's explosion. it did exactly what it was wrote in the affix it trigger an explosion for every mob effected by condemn and it did exactly that i got sometimes to 6 explosions the item was working 100% fine but now they claim that the item affix was misleading when its clearly not! thats lying PERIOD i always went with what blizzard wrote because they didnt lie and they did what they had to do to balance the game but this time they just lying and every one sees this perfectly at least come out and tell the turth! instead they did stealth nerf and now they claim it didnt work as intended and now it does PURE BLUFF
Edited by Overblaze#2525 on 22/04/2014 17:23 BST
Reply Quote
The answer is extremely simple:

Provide footage proving that it did more than 2 blasts, or be quiet.

Pointing a finger and yelling "liar" will not get you much from Blizzard's end (nor should it), but if you can demonstrate that the statement made by blue is actually incorrect you might get somewhere.
Reply Quote
@Overblaze
quote from US thread about this "ghost nerf"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506331934?page=9#174

TL;DR: Video was uploaded April 1st. Only two additional explosions ever happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvH3Z79dNA
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]