Diablo® III

How do we make the clan function better?

Having a clan isn't easy if you want total control. Our community now urge for a tab of some kind in "your clan" to watch over when people is online, how active they are. Some type of "hours played this week" or similar. Maybe even throw in a loot-system with numbers to let us know how much they play, in what act etc. since they joined -or- similar.

Management of an active clan isn't easy.

We try to "clean" our inactive members by engaging them in a "I am here"-post on our forum in a specific thread when we have our monthly "Clean". This isn't the best way to manage users since they usually just can go in, write their b-tag (as: I am here!) and then leave without taking part of the gaming with the other users.

Alternative solution is to ask people in the clan if they can report if they see anyone that are inactive (or are trashing the game, cheating etc.) but gamers usually do not do this, even if they are active.

At best we are approx. 45 users online, but mostly it's around approx. 22 users that play daily "all day" and we manage to have a full clan nonstop with a queuing system on our forum. We do not care about how many that are active at the same time, we do however care about the end result every month and that the clan is active.

Struggling for an active clan shuld be much easier. Do you have any ideas on how to make the clan-experience and the activity better?
Reply Quote
I don't find this such a pressing issue but on the other hand I do not manage a large clan.
My problem with clans is the total lack of features it has.

After patch 2.0 when I saw clans and their features I figured that ok it doesn't offer much but they will definetly add interesting stuff when RoS will launch....guess what nothing happend.

Right now a Clan is just a large friend's list with a chat option and a legendary drop notification.
That's as useless as the banners and achievements rewards.

I was hoping for some feature like:

- some form of unexploitable trading between clan members
- more interesting rank names(maybe customizable) and functions of them ranks
- some form of gold/materials clan upgrade so the members can benefit from some additional bonuses(some% gold find bonus or something similar)
- maybe clan achievements but that would be pointless since achivements in general reward useless cosmetic changes to your banner(the most useless thing in the whole game)

You might consider this quite similar to the features guilds have in WoW and it is partially true.
Thing is, they way clans are right now it's similar to creating a chatroom and asking people to join it ,that's it.

Really disappointing.
Reply Quote
What we want

- Way to see how active they have been since they joined the clan.
- Way to see how many things everyone have looted (numbers) since they joined the clan.
- Way to see as a player this too.
- Achievementawards that might be clan-specific.

And

- Achievementpoints with levels, gained levels unlock things.. Clan or no clan. Examples below:

A. Usage of icons in chat.
B. Change glow on fire where the hero stands.
C. Change glow on hero in the ingame clan menu.
D. Change background in the lobby.
E. Unlock alternative music in bounty-mode (D1 - D2 music?!).
Reply Quote
Actually right now I don't see the need for clans, they don't add anything to the game and there is no reason to join one.

What I was thinking that could help clan be more rewarding is a trade option for clan members only, this way members of the same clan can trade with each other even if they didn't play together and there's actually a reason to join a big and active clan

To prevent people joining and leaving clans just for the trades add restriction of how much time you have to be in a clan before you can trade with the members like a 2 days restriction or more.
Reply Quote
This post is on behalf from one of our members (ImNerDio) in our community:

"I would like to see a system which let the officers (and leader) insert a warning on a member when he or she is behaving badly. The system will let you input a field of text to let the member know he or she got a warning, and that the clan-chat will also give out this information.

When that person have gotten 2-3 warnings there will be a kick, or a system that will ask officers "Do you want to kick this person"? or just kick him/her.

Officers and leaders can still kick manually."

Second idea

"Let officers create a room which 2 members can be signed into for chatting and become friends again, to sort things out.."

Third idea

"Officers / leader could have other colors in chat, so people recognize them instant. Members are asking on and off "Is there any officer present?". Color scheme would be cool."
Reply Quote
10/05/2014 15:19Posted by Enkeria
What we want

- Way to see how active they have been since they joined the clan.
- Way to see how many things everyone have looted (numbers) since they joined the clan.
- Way to see as a player this too.
- Achievementawards that might be clan-specific.

And

- Achievementpoints with levels, gained levels unlock things.. Clan or no clan. Examples below:

A. Usage of icons in chat.
B. Change glow on fire where the hero stands.
C. Change glow on hero in the ingame clan menu.
D. Change background in the lobby.
E. Unlock alternative music in bounty-mode (D1 - D2 music?!).

really great idea indeed, i can not say i'm negatively set to any of these suggestions. As i understand it we wan't clans to be more like guilds in WoW, like doing rift clan achievements, quest clan achievements etc.
Reply Quote
Another old but highly requested feature with a twist:

TRADING IN CLAN 2.0

Been in a clan for X days (insert 14 here or whatever) makes you qualified to trade items with gold with other clan-members.

Trades can still have the 2 hour limit, but if someone looted something that another member want, let them be able to trade.

What does this mean?
1. You still have the timeframe of 2 hours, which is something we probably have to keep.
2. Trading in clan will make clan better overall.
3. Timewindow wont allow "money-clans" to get their money. Timewindow, meaning both you need to be a 14-day member (in this example anyway) and you need to be active WHEN this member looted what you needed.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 11/05/2014 14:08 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]