Diablo® III

fortune shrine uselss?

anyone else feels that it should be changed to something else, like higher drop chance of legend from elites or something, cause the MF it gives is so little it doesnt change anything.
Reply Quote
Well, now that I think of it, 25% is a small amount indeed. Maybe it should be at least 50%.

+1 from me
Reply Quote
agree, feels a bit useless though. If you consider that they've changed the mf calculation, you get only 2.5% on your existing legendary bonus, as most of the bonus is for blues.

Maybe it should just change that way, the shrine will not generally increase MF bonus, but the legendary bonus. +25% to find a legendary would be great. :)
Reply Quote
i only click the fortune shrines to spawn elites with nemesis bracers, otherwise i wouldnt bother tbh.
Reply Quote
24/05/2014 22:12Posted by Zalkortis
Maybe it should just change that way, the shrine will not generally increase MF bonus, but the legendary bonus. +25% to find a legendary would be great. :)

This would be useful indeed. Right now they are just nemesis bracers spawn shrine .
Reply Quote
they are not all useless

i like two shrines very much
    full walking speed
    removal of all cooldowns/mana cost

just wish the later kept going for longer

;0)
Edited by iseefish#2137 on 26/05/2014 19:31 BST
Reply Quote
Hell yeah, why don't we make them 1000% more chance to drop legendaries and give us 2500% damage for 48 hours?
Reply Quote
26/05/2014 19:39Posted by Kensai
Hell yeah, why don't we make them 1000% more chance to drop legendaries and give us 2500% damage for 48 hours?

x5 ...trololololo
Reply Quote
+1 Yes
Reply Quote
24/05/2014 21:28Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
Well, now that I think of it, 25% is a small amount indeed. Maybe it should be at least 50%.

+1 from me

50% is still useless. It does not mean you will find 50% more legendaries. It means that if initial drop chance from a mob is, let´s say, 1%, then with the shrine it will be 1,5%. It´s not a big deal.
Reply Quote

Actually that 1000% extra leg chance for the shrine might be a good starting point, but maybe a bit OP even for a shorter duration. Maybe 100-200% leg find would be reasonable and make the shrine interesting for everyone. Now 25% magic find is what? Whopping 2,5% extra chance for legs, which equals nothing.
Reply Quote
27/05/2014 10:36Posted by Shivaxx

Actually that 1000% extra leg chance for the shrine might be a good starting point, but maybe a bit OP even for a shorter duration. Maybe 100-200% leg find would be reasonable and make the shrine interesting for everyone. Now 25% magic find is what? Whopping 2,5% extra chance for legs, which equals nothing.

200% is still useless. It does not mean you will find 200% more legendaries. It means that if initial drop chance from a mob is, let´s say, 1%, then with the shrine it will be 3%. It´s not a big deal.
Reply Quote
Boost original shrines and make them last longer
Reply Quote
Hmm, I wouldn't mess with the time the shrines last because of The gloves of worship, they still give 10minutes shrine time if I'm not mistaken.

But i do agree that some of the effects could be more better/interesting.
Reply Quote
Community
I will gladly pass that feedback on as it's a valid point - looking forward to seeing more of your ideas on how this shrine could be changed.

Also, to make it a wider topic, I have a couple points that come to my mind when thinking shrines and I it would be great if you could share your thoughts:
  • Which shrines do you enjoy the most?
  • Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?
  • Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?
  • Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?
  • Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

Love to see more of your thoughts on the shrines and other elements of environment!
Reply Quote
27/05/2014 12:37Posted by Wuluxar
Which shrines do you enjoy the most?

Depends on the build actually, but most of the time the Empowerment Shrine is perfect (increased resource regen).

Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?

Yes, it is interesting to keep an eye out on the environment to place yourself strategically or click an object at the correct time, e.g. Harington Belt. Also, the Belt that gives speed boost after destroying an object are fine examples.

Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements?

When clicking or destroying an object, an X-yard explosion is triggered for Y% damage (to monsters, not us!)
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
View profile
Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?

It's almost like you have a webcam in my flat!!. Everytime I take a conduit pylon I do indeed shout LEERRROOOYYY JEEEENNNKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and run around like a mad thing possessed. Then when its over I follow my route back and collect all the drops :) It's my favourite, especially when it is near an elite spawn or Rift lord :)

I agree that fortune has never really seemed to do anything, tbh I usually ignore them.
Reply Quote
Fortune shrine should give +100% magic find for X% time.

Now Fortune shrine is useless
Reply Quote
Since we are replacing the fortune shrine let's keep the theme of fortune. I want to see a goblin shrine that spawns a golden goblin who has big gold/gem/potion drops, you need to chase him the more you hit him the more gold he drops but you cant ever kill him. This goblin could be combined with the legendary potions/gems idea. He could be the king of treasure! That would make me excited!
Reply Quote
All shrines are useless except conduit and power 400%

They are only spawn points if you happen to have nemesis in your party and everyone is aware and doesn't insta click because they're a glibberling idiot.

All off the shrine buff effects like xp, cooldowns, frenzy, speed run etc are just fluff and make absolutely zero difference to how i'm playing whatsoever.

Conduit is just speed run fun gone mad, and you wish you had the 200% speed run buff included to leeroy your way through the rest of the zone. the 400% damage one is only useful if there's a pack nearby to use it on. Other than that, like most torment farms, yhou are only limited by how fast you can physically move your character around a map.
Edited by Krieger#2255 on 27/05/2014 13:05 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]