Diablo® III

Patch 2.2.0 Features and Data Mining

Community Manager
Development for patch 2.2.0 has been underway for some time and we'll be launching the PTR shortly. We've got great quality of life changes and new content coming in our next patch, and we'll have even more details to share in the near future.

In the meantime, some new features may start to show up in data mined information for patch 2.2.0 that will not apply to all regions. Specifically, the following features will not apply to the European region:

• A new currency called "Platinum"
  • Timed experience boosts
  • New cosmetic items including wings, non-combat pets, and character portraits
  • References to stash space and character slot expansions
  • A new UI interface that references the above information

While the above features will not apply to this region, players will still benefit from some of the quality of life perks tied to these additions, such as a streamlined UI for selecting cosmetic benefits like pets and Collector's Edition wings.

We recognize that many players have expressed an interest in microtransactions being added to Diablo III. While we may explore this model in some regions, we have no immediate plans to implement such purchases anytime soon for the European region.
Reply Quote
nice, EU left aside again........
Reply Quote
Incoming rage storm in 3...2...1....

%!$!!#?%!$!!

Seriously! >.<

Edit: Now that I'm more calm, it sort of begs the question: Why don't we just get these things for free if you can't sell them to us? Where's the logic in withholding them entirely? Who the hell does that benefit?!
Edited by Jito#2911 on 20/02/2015 15:56 GMT
Reply Quote
While we don't have the whole picture about what I presume to be microtransactions.. I don't see why would EU be left out.
Edited by JomBe#2110 on 20/02/2015 15:57 GMT
Reply Quote
Uhm....on the USA forum, they say the Americas will be left out...can someone explain who DOES get these changes than??

See link -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16410220920
Reply Quote
20/02/2015 15:57Posted by JomBe
While we don't have the whole picture about what I presume to be microtransactions.. I don't see why would EU be left out.

I don't understand this either. I'm pretty sure I've bought pets and mounts in World of Warcraft, card pack in Hearthstone, and character skins in Heroes of the Storm. So what's the problem with Diablo III?!
Reply Quote
Anyone else notice the rain of vengeance gloves rolled strength as primary stat lol
Reply Quote
Incoming rage storm in 3...2...1....

%!$!!#?%!$!!

Seriously! >.<

Edit: Now that I'm more calm, it sort of begs the question: Why don't we just get these things for free if you can't sell them to us? Where's the logic in withholding them entirely? Who the hell does that benefit?!

^
This guy gets it.
Reply Quote
20/02/2015 15:58Posted by Ulquiorra
.can someone explain who DOES get these changes than??

Asians

!@#$%es be crazy in asia, and their play model for games is very different to the "west" (USA/EU).
Reply Quote
pay to play and microtransactions? (some seem like a bit pay to win)

Blizz, you officially suck !@#
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
20/02/2015 15:58Posted by Ulquiorra
Uhm....on the USA forum, they say the Americas will be left out...can someone explain who DOES get these changes than??

See link -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16410220920

Logic suggests it will be the Asia regions, even with WoW they have a different business model to EU/US so I guess they are testing the waters there. To be honest, there probably would have been less rage if the sticky said "Not on the American or European Realms" to prevent some of the obvious and understandable rage that you get from reading the OP :)
Reply Quote
YES ! This is really a good thing!

If blizz does the PoE microtransactions style this is a pure win !

This means that we can expect more patchs / longer support for the game. Because money goes into the game.

Ty blizz!
Reply Quote
20/02/2015 16:34Posted by Kengax
This means that we can expect more patchs / longer support for the game. Because money goes into the game.

Not really. As Diablo II is evidence of, then Blizzard will support their games for decades regardless of whether they have microtransactions or not.

All this results in is that some development time will be spent making things to sell to the Asians. And that'll be things that you'll probably want as well, but you'll never get.
Reply Quote
20/02/2015 14:20Posted by Bradanvar
Timed experience boosts

The rest of the things mentioned seem like things I think most people would potentially be happy to pay for or at least happy for others to pay for, but this one stands out as a pay to win thing most people wouldn't agree with.

Whilst I'm happy that this won't be coming to EU, I'd actually be happy to pay for more stash/character space if it's just never going to come for free, but not if it comes at the expense of a pay to win system.
Edited by beefCake#2111 on 20/02/2015 16:53 GMT
Reply Quote
Hmmm ... could be nice to get the bigger stash function though .... :(
Reply Quote
I would love some new wings or other cosmetic changes, like new transmogs. But I say a resounding NO to purchasable boosts that help you in-game. Like EXP boosts.
Reply Quote
I'm down for all of that.

Exp boosts. Just like in WoW, the real game doesn't start until max level. Sooner you get there the better.

Cosmetics. Nothing wrong with looking fly.

Character Slots and Stash Space. I don't need more but I can definitely see the value in them.

Looking forward to what the future holds.
Reply Quote
Any plans on removing the trial system, Bradanvar?
Reply Quote
What is wrong with EU players, are we some kind of a 2rd class people?

Why cannot we buy more stash space, why cannot we buy more character slots?

Why do you discriminate EU players?

It's not like we don't need these things... we gravely need it.
Reply Quote
All these listed microtransactions minus the exp boost would be a cool addition.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]