Diablo® III

Will Diablo3 have dual-screen support?

I don't necessarily need to play on 2 screens, but having the option to see your inventory, map, or something else like that on your second screen would be nice.
Reply Quote
I would love that since i have a opportunity to use it. Maybe a chat there to or quest objective.
Reply Quote
oh that would be sweet :) really just for the side info of character etc :-)
Reply Quote
Unfortunately not. I would love this feature however an extremely small number of games actually implement it.
Reply Quote
25/08/2011 21:25Posted by Dante
I don't necessarily need to play on 2 screens, but having the option to see your inventory, map, or something else like that on your second screen would be nice.

No it won't I'm afraid.
Reply Quote
Bashiok has stated the game will not support such systems, specially because the game only calculates terrain and mobs a short distance beyond screen limits... so you would see only void from what I understand.

Maybe you can externally force it, though, to allow you to open Inventory and Character panes.
Reply Quote
Guys... why you want use a dualscreen? Is the size the reason?

2 good monitors = 1200$
1 HD projector = 750$ = Big Diablo 3 cinema at home !
Reply Quote
Bashiok has stated the game will not support such systems, specially because the game only calculates terrain and mobs a short distance beyond screen limits... so you would see only void from what I understand.

Maybe you can externally force it, though, to allow you to open Inventory and Character panes.

yes, i didn't want to be able to play on 2 screens, which would widen my view and thus reveal black bars, but just view the map, zone map, inventory or quests... got 2 screens and i seem like i'm not the only one... would be fun if we'd be able to use it in one way or another
Reply Quote

2 good monitors = 1200$

nuff said :D

an entire wall with your character bigger than you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
i love this ID

i have dual monitors so i could be nice
Reply Quote
25/08/2011 21:49Posted by mykro
the game will not support such systems, specially because the game only calculates terrain and mobs a short distance beyond screen limits... so you would see only void

Technically, you can open all you Character, Skill and Map windows in-game and put them over the void on the other monitor. Now you have 1 monitor with the game, and 1 monitor displaying pure information.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I prefer keeping browser, skype etc up on the second screen at all times.
Reply Quote
30/08/2011 15:25Posted by Jabaha
I prefer keeping browser, skype etc up on the second screen at all times.

Yeah, same here. But I've got three screens :)
Reply Quote
They said that Diablo won't support dual screens.
Reply Quote
One screen for the map/stats/quests/items windows and one screen for the core game would be awesome. Doubt it will be possible but would definitely be nice :-)
Reply Quote

2 good monitors = 1200$

monitors have some benefits over projectors, for example i can leave my monitors on 24/7 and they last way longer then a projector. also add in space, total amount of pixels, the ability to have the screens setup around you instead of just in front and so on.

2 24'' full hd led, 1920x1080 cost 400$, 500$ max over here.

Blizzard didnt allow dual screen in SC2 because of E-sport, unfair advantage for those with more money to spend. If those arguments were real, they have absolutely no reason to NOT implement dual screen in D3.

I am however expecting them to come with some not necessary excuse for not adding it in, but we can always hope :).

EDIT: Deventh, you got any link / know their argumentation behind no dual screen?
Edited by Firefly on 30/08/2011 16:23 BST
Reply Quote
You can do this if your gfx card supports it.

However for dual screens your char will be in the middle between the 2 panels. I would go for a 3 panel setup.

unless bliz adds a character offset control so that your character isn't always in the middle.

Also the argument about map limits and terrain is void. Just because I have more screens doesn't mean that I can or should see further ahead in my map. I should be able to use a different zoom and have much more detailed characters and mobs on screen.
Reply Quote
30/08/2011 15:24Posted by Darthnixa
the game will not support such systems, specially because the game only calculates terrain and mobs a short distance beyond screen limits... so you would see only void

Technically, you can open all you Character, Skill and Map windows in-game and put them over the void on the other monitor. Now you have 1 monitor with the game, and 1 monitor displaying pure information.

Afaik, window panes in D3 are not movable...
Reply Quote

This guy said it, Bashiok pointed out that the engine doesn't load terrain much further than the actual overhead view of what you see, so if you were to use 2 monitors, you would actually see the terrain loading in as you move, also known as streaming.

It would be awesome to see some sort of implementation with 2 monitors though, constant open window for AH, inventory, skills and such, something like that would be cool, but alas it would never happen!

:'(
Edited by Kiory on 31/08/2011 05:58 BST
Reply Quote
Community
25/08/2011 21:25Posted by Dante

As things looks right now, the game will not support dual screen setups. We feel that the User Interface in Diablo III is fairly simple, so if the game could make use of two screens, the other screen would most likely not show anything incredibly useful that would truly benefit the gameplay. Of course, as always, this may be something that may change in the future, but right now we feel that it is not really needed.

For those people who do not have a widescreen monitor, the game will offer a letterbox option to compensate for the fact that widescreeen monitors currently display more of the game world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]