Diablo® III

Diablo III too easy

(Locked)

hi guys,
the game looks > MUCH < too easy to me... i didnt play it yet, but i watched some streams and it looked some kind of boring... you just walk and walk and walk and you can nearly ignore enemys, they wont hurt you anyway. and if you attack them, you dont loose hp and neither they are very tanky so it would take a while...
especially the witchdoctor with his dogs .. they do all the work and he can lay back and get some coke or something...
is it getting more interesting later in the game? i hope so...
97 Blood Elf Paladin
Wait till you enter the game on hell settings, and inferno, then judge. Yes normal looks easy, though I've still seen people die (they weren't the greatest of players though, and probably new to the genre) but you have to remember normal was not particularly hard in D2 either.
85 Undead Mage
just wait and try first
What we have seen is the very beginning of the game, the so called 'tutorial' phase, on the lowest difficulty. I would be surprised if this stage of the game was not easy and even so, I have witnessed a few deaths on the live stream.

As for the AI you describe - Monsters become much more aggressive and smarter as you up the difficulty.
100 Human Warrior
havent seen a game that "looks harder" the stream doesnt say much and questing around on normalmode naked in betas will never ever be hard..
it's harder the first time you play through it because of the lvl differences, but most streams now plys with higher lvl characters and better gear so it seems easier than it is.
Also, the first act should be easy, since it's a learning phase.
Edited by Kumori on 08/09/2011 17:18 BST
Diablo 2 was a cakewalk on normal mode for experienced players, and even for beginners it was very easy up until duriel.
08/09/2011 17:13Posted by PotShot
you just walk and walk and walk and you can nearly ignore enemys, they wont hurt you anyway

remind me in diablo2 act1 couldnt u skip every single mob till maybe .. dark wood?

08/09/2011 17:13Posted by PotShot
especially the witchdoctor with his dogs

was it the same with necromancer in the areas i mentioned above? yes it was.

was all the game in general getting more interesting laer on? the answer is again yes it was.
You cant really judge the game this early at Normal mode.. I mean D2 werent especially hard at normal either, and I mean what RPG games are hard from scratch?

Judge the difficulty after you've played through Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno. They cant make the game so hard that you get punished and owned in the face unless you have prior RPG experience.
97 Blood Elf Paladin
Faceroll through the game 2 times before you'll get a bit challenged cant be intened, Eidolon.

I think they will have changed the difficulty in normal Mode until Release.
Or maybe the Content in the beta is just a kind of tutorial.

While you are right, you have to remember was saw only the beginning of the game, and the Skeleton King didn't look that faceroll to me. He almost twoshot a Wizard.
What you see is already skewed towards "pro-gamers". Those that have fraps, livestream etc
So expect the difficulty to be tough enough for average players at the start of a game.
normal was ment to be easy , nightmare will probably test you a bit , and hell and inferno are true challenges
kk , i hope you are right... ;)
90 Blood Elf Mage
funny how ppl say they faceroll through the first part of the first act... :P of c its easy. its not like the BETA should be uber hard in normal mode P1 A1 :D
hi guys,
the game looks > MUCH < too easy to me... i didnt play it yet, but i watched some streams and it looked some kind of boring... you just walk and walk and walk and you can nearly ignore enemys, they wont hurt you anyway. and if you attack them, you dont loose hp and neither they are very tanky so it would take a while...
especially the witchdoctor with his dogs .. they do all the work and he can lay back and get some coke or something...
is it getting more interesting later in the game? i hope so...

There are four difficulty levels so like previous posters have said ,try those difficulty levels... now that won't be a walk in the park... that will probably be highly frustrating for some people with a low level of patience.

And remember that what ever you have seen so far in streams is the beta.
90 Human Death Knight
08/09/2011 17:19Posted by Supersystem
Diablo 2 was a cakewalk on normal mode for experienced players, and even for beginners it was very easy up until duriel.

Aaaaahhhh memories

Doing Act 3 on Hell diff..

This is what you would have heard just before Duriel

Player 1 "You go"
Player 2 "No you go first"
Player 3 "I think both of you should enter at the same time , im gonne stay up here so we dont get ambushed"
Player 1 "C´mon sissy panths"
Player 2 "This is taking to long , soon we either get a black schreen of death or DC..And i dont wanna do this all over again"
Player 1 "LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOY"

Ok forget about the Leroy part , but the rest is pretty much facts...

Always and i can say it again ALWAYS!!! the same chit chat before end of act 2 :D
If you think it's easy then don't play softcore and roll a hardcore char.
Meaning the mode with permanent death. I used to clear Diablo 2 without even dying once in all 3 difficulty modes.

You're welcome. :)

Oh yeah, inb4 "hardcore mode 2 hard" comment.
Edited by Madvil on 10/09/2011 12:43 BST
10/09/2011 12:40Posted by Madvil
If you think it's easy then don't play softcore and roll a hardcore char.

Nuff said :)
Diablo 2 Act I Normal was very easy too. I'd say don't judge D3 based on what you've seen in the very earliest parts of the game.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]