Diablo® III

Diablo III too easy

(Locked)

Games are easy from start. Why? Because in start you just learn the basic systems of the game. It's not suppose to be hard. It's like tutorial so you have time to find spells and learn how to use armors etc.

Also players in beta are too high lvl in first 1/3 the game (because there is no other place to go). It's like starting D2 with lvl 13 character and then complaining that blood moor looks/are easy.

You should be more worried that this game would be to hard. I mean D2 in hell was hard! Yes it's easy if you had all runewords and unique equipment. But you only had those because of botting and dupe problems. Also your character was some kind of cookie cutter.

Go make new char in d2. Mess up some attributes. Put at least 30-50 points in mana and over do str and dex (Because you don't know how much you need ;). Then use only blue items in hell or those items you had found in first run in nightmare. Also mess little bit of your spells (Take the wrong ones) and then say D2 is easy :P

One reason why D2 was easy was those dupes and the other reason was that people uses perfect builds when game was designed that you can make mistakes an still manage. That's why they removed it from D3. So you can't make overpower builds and cry why the game is so easy.
Edited by CaptFennia on 14/09/2011 09:40 BST
Community
Normal difficulty is intentionally very easy.
And this is especially true in the very first sections of the game.
We want players to get used to the game, its mechanics, the hero they're using, and so forth.

Higher difficulty levels will be the real deal. Inferno is definitely not going to be a piece of cake. Tears will be shed. Lots of them. But the joy of overcoming these challenges will be huge indeed!
Easy games are more fun than hard ones.
97 Blood Elf Paladin
14/09/2011 13:29Posted by Zhydaris
Higher difficulty levels will be the real deal. Inferno is definitely not going to be a piece of cake. Tears will be shed. Lots of them. But the joy of overcoming these challenges will be huge indeed!

This is good to hear, and basically what we've been saying from the start. It's impossible to judge a game based on the first hour of act I. It's more of a tutorial and lets people ease into the game. I bet that not before long the forums will be filled with Diablo is too hard!
We want players to get used to the game, its mechanics, the hero they're using, and so forth.

Yeah, thanks for making this clear.

Many people seem to fail in understanding that the beta is only about 1/3 of Act 1 on Normal thus being easy.

The difficulty ramps up throught the Nightmare - Hell and reaches it's peak in Inferno.
97 Blood Elf Paladin
14/09/2011 13:32Posted by Boode

That's entirely subjective; some people like to have a challenge and get a feeling of accomplishment out of completing difficult objectives. And if you want easy, no one forces you to play Inferno.

he he nothing beats running from a pack of acid spitting hell hounds then pondering on how to kill them (Recalls Diablo memory from Hell). A challenge is more fun I find :)
Edited by BakerZA on 14/09/2011 13:37 BST
85 Troll Druid

Partly true, partly wrong. A too easy game can disappoint me. I need some challenge to have fun. A game that is too easy from the beginning to the end will be dull and soon be abandoned by me, looking for a slightly harder game.

A game that is too hard disappoints me as well. It is not fun to play such a game. But I never saw a game which is too hard. Sometimes things go terribly wrong, but that doesn't mean that the game was hard. I may have overlooked the simplest thing which would make the game be as it should be.

World of Warcraft and Diablo II are games with difficulties as it should be. Not too hard, and not too easy. But sometimes they are too easy for me, but those were just moments, not constantly boring easyness.
If I were to play an easy game, I might as well watch a movie or something. Looking forward to see what Bliz does with inferno!

thats pretty obvious too :)
Dont worry there are higher difficulties, beta is played on normal which is easy.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I would only cry if the Inferno mode is easy, since it isn't there is no reason to call Diablo III as easy. You get the real fun in the hardest mode.
85 Troll Druid
Don't worry, Heidrun. I believe Zhydaris on his words that die-hards and players that want a real challenge, won't be disappointed in Inferno.
100 Goblin Shaman
14/09/2011 13:29Posted by Zhydaris
Higher difficulty levels will be the real deal. Inferno is definitely not going to be a piece of cake. Tears will be shed. Lots of them.

Can't even tell how much I am looking forward to it!
Edited by Blastoize on 14/09/2011 15:29 BST
So... Hell and NM will still be a joke ?

(the first time you play them)
Edited by MGǂtrakK on 14/09/2011 16:27 BST
85 Night Elf Rogue
So we have to sit through an absolutely mind numbing normal mode every single time we start a new character.

At least implement the /players x command for single player mode so we don't all have to die of boredom before we get to inferno.
85 Human Mage
Too easy! ...so many gaming geniuses ..oy vay!
I really hope the game will be a challenge on higher difficulties (especially on Inferno). Hit & Run tactics have always proofed to be very safe with both long and close range combat playstyle, so I hope that on Inferno it will be troublesome with any strategy.
So we have to sit through an absolutely mind numbing normal mode every single time we start a new character.

At least implement the /players x command for single player mode so we don't all have to die of boredom before we get to inferno.

I cant say u should experience normal too easy in diablo (at least not in d2), imo it got harder after every act. at least before people knew exactly how to skill & stat their chars for maximum effectiveness.

And if u wanna compare with leveling a char in wow its like lol ^^

1-85 is supereasy
Edited by awaynick on 14/09/2011 22:15 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]