Diablo® III

Loot dropping in multiplayer?

43 Dwarf Shaman
I was unsure if this topic was allready out there , but here goes.

In diablo 1 and 2 , loot would drop onto the area surrounding the boss on kill.

Im SURE there are other who have either experienced the "bosslagg" issue (where the game would lagg alittle on kill , and upon regaining controll , all loot was gone.) , or simply , someone quick on the trigger. (example , necro grabbing that obvious paladin/barbarian armor)
hence , seeing that legend item or set item , dissapear in a flash , together with any chance of a "fair" trade.

There was really a margin of split seconds to be first on grab.

Now , that system worked good and all whenever gaming with friends or solo.
but seeing as the AH system now offers the chance to make a mint on items , im guessing any chance of "fair" loot distribution , is out the window.

(Except for when you're playing with friends / trusted gamers).

Let's face it , ninjaing items , is a common occurence , you can almost hear the QQ'ing allready.
And how are you supposed to "trust" a fellow player to NOT grab that sword that just dropped , he wants the cash , you need it to kill stuff. Trial and error?

i'm hoping for something implemented for multiplayer or somesuch , but still maintaining that level of fairness.
There has got to be a better way for a open multiplayer game to go about the items than "first come first serve" like in the previous games.

Personally , i like how you can get someone random in your group (like in wow) , and they turn out to be really good people you can keep gaming with later.
shame if noone cared about the social aspect of a multiplayer game , and simply went for grabbing loot like every man for himself.
That really puts a damper on the whole "getting to know that awsome barbarian player" for future bossruns.

EDIT: But PLEASE , don't make another "roll" system. even if i AM clueless to how one would make a fair system for this.
Edited by Healectric on 06/09/2011 14:07 BST
Reply Quote
It has been announced pretty much since announcement that drops are always individual... what this means is that what drops a player sees on the ground are for them and them alone and only they can see them (other players will see their own).

Also, these drops will be exactly as if that player was playing alone, meaning the quantity and quality of their drops are not affected by the number of players in the game (though the increased amount of items in the pool of the party does increase, which via in-game trade means a player has a better chance at good drops for his class/build, as well as killing monsters faster and thus getting more drops per second).

As an example: 3 players kill a monster (it does not matter who strikes the killing blow), player A gets 2 Legendaries, player B gets nothing, player C gets 2 Rares, 2 Magics and 1 Common.

Also, any Magic or Gold Find affixes affect only the drops of the player equipping them... as was said in the beginning, drops per player work exactly the same in Multi and in Single modes.

So Multi mode is really just about having fun and killing monster faster by working together.
Reply Quote
43 Dwarf Shaman
Cheers man , that went past me , least someone paying attention responded :)
Reply Quote
No problem, mate. Glad to help.

[edit]
Ah... as an addition: even if a party member does not deal any damage to the killed monster, if they are on the vicinity they still get their roll for loot drop.
Edited by mykro on 07/09/2011 01:34 BST
Reply Quote
No problem, mate. Glad to help.

[edit]
Ah... as an addition: even if a party member does not deal any damage to the killed monster, if they are on the vicinity they still get their roll for loot drop.

yeah, maybe thay battle order the sh*t out of you at the side line and actually 'earn'more loot :D
Edited by Bosui on 08/09/2011 19:39 BST
Reply Quote
It has been announced pretty much since announcement that drops are always individual... what this means is that what drops a player sees on the ground are for them and them alone and only they can see them (other players will see their own).

This is a very bad idea in my opinion, this was the most stressful, funny and exciting thing in Diablo (My friend: "I heard a ring falling from that monster, no ?!? You took it ?!?" Me: "A ring ?!? What ring ?!?"). I hope this will change ...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
02/10/2011 05:59Posted by Daedraug

This is a very bad idea in my opinion, this was the most stressful, funny and exciting thing in Diablo (My friend: "I heard a ring falling from that monster, no ?!? You took it ?!?" Me: "A ring ?!? What ring ?!?"). I hope this will change ...

You're in the minority there. I for one am happy with this system. Melee doesn't get an advantage, it promotes teamplay, and lag is a non-issue.
Reply Quote
02/10/2011 10:11Posted by Felie
You're in the minority there. I for one am happy with this system. Melee doesn't get an advantage, it promotes teamplay, and lag is a non-issue.

Sad. This is the way games are today : make no one upset, promote "good values" ... This is so boring if you can't steal anything (or being stolen). Diablo III is then now for me officially rainbows and lollipops world ...
Reply Quote
02/10/2011 18:28Posted by Daedraug

Sad. This is the way games are today : make no one upset, promote "good values" ... This is so boring if you can't steal anything (or being stolen). Diablo III is then now for me officially rainbows and lollipops world ...

You should give your address to burglars and let them know your daily schedule, then it would always be a thrill of the kind you love when you pass your doorstep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]