IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE TO KNOW.
Please blue posts ^^'
(I do want ur opinion too.) :p
Edited by Tullaan on 13/09/2011 13:34 BST
Reply Quote
Wow was not. D3 won't be.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
If there will be bots in D3 they won't be as anoying as in WoW atleast, you can leave the server they are on and also no way in HELL! (hehe) their going to be downing any bosses on a serious difficulty.
My guess is a bot would die all the time in Inferno and that's where the real amounts of gold and loot are going to drop, so probably someone spending 5hours in Inferno would have more gold and worthy loot than some bot doing normal mode 24/7.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If there will be bots in D3 they won't be as anoying as in WoW atleast, you can leave the server they are on and also no way in HELL! (hehe) their going to be downing any bosses on a serious difficulty.
My guess is a bot would die all the time in Inferno and that's where the real amounts of gold and loot are going to drop, so probably someone spending 5hours in Inferno would have more gold and worthy loot than some bot doing normal mode 24/7.

Good to know, that makes me feel better, but idk if its true, bots got
some good "scripts" for every situation ofcourse I think it would be really rare
unless some evil comp jenious would somehow make the most powerfullest
bot... Wich is not going to happen, i think :D
Reply Quote
Hello,

I am not sure if you guys are trolling, in case you're genuinely wondering here is my non-educated guess:

Blizzy will do its best (both via the game code + warden) to prevent bots from appearing too early.

If the game is a success, it will most probably become interesting to invest some time into making a bot because it will make profit.
There is no way you can stop bots forever, you can only delay their appearance by making it hard to bot.

Of course, I might be totally wrong and Blizzard might be so good that no one will ever cheat on their games. But that's a very optimistic (and possibly naive) point of view.

Bests,
- Kem
Reply Quote
If a botter/farmer somehow ends up on your server, just kick him? (why would farmers join a public game anyway?)

WoW players that never played diablo, lol
Edited by MacHaggis on 13/09/2011 14:23 BST
Reply Quote
There will be bots as long as people keep giving their email and password away in phising mails and suspicious forums. And in D3 the scammers don't even need to pay a monthly fee! Then again farming bosses doesn't look viable, so bot programming will be harder (I guess?) if the bot needs to run entire acts.

@MacHaggis: They will obviously make their own private games. The problem is that they will use the real money AH or sell gold/items through their own sites like in WoW, since they probably don't want Blizzard to have their bank account number :p
Reply Quote
No game is bot proof.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
No game is bot proof but the newer the game, the better it is at preventing them. No offline play and no addon support is a good start and with the RMAH I feel blizzard will be very active at stopping bots as it directly effects them in quite a bad way. Also most bots lack skill so once someone is past normal difficulty, it'll be very hard to bot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
kids, sum up ur common sense before writing
blizzard has learned alot since d2 and wow, ull just have to wait and see.

also i doubt ever seeing a bot in a hell game of diablo3
Reply Quote
there will be botting obviously, one cannot prevent that except limit by detecting and banning often. why some people think that bots wont be able to go inferno is beyond my comprehension, if anything they would surpass humans easily.

i do hope though that blizz will be more active and alot more restrictive in d3 than it was in d2 and try to implement some bot traps this time (e.g path textures that only bots would try to access since they cannot "see" the game environment anyways)....
good thing that botters now will lose their accounts so the casual botter will be more rare. proffessionals wont care i guess.
Edited by lemming on 13/09/2011 15:46 BST
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
why some people think that bots wont be able to go inferno is beyond my comprehension, if anything they would surpass humans easily.

How would a bot dodge incoming firebolts of DOOM?
Reply Quote
Everyone who knows how to code and their mother will make a bot, just due to the fact of AH being with real money.

And for bots not being able to run Inferno? What kind of bs is that? A proper coded bot will perform just as well as a human, probably a lot better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We don't and won't know untill release + a couple of monthes.
Reply Quote
I trust that blizzard has some kind of joker up their sleeve.

When they fist discussed RMAH in a closed meeting like a year ago, they HAD TO talk about bots and how they effect the whole economy. Thats why I really want to believe they can prevent the whole botting.

We wont see until the release of course :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone who knows how to code and their mother will make a bot, just due to the fact of AH being with real money.

And for bots not being able to run Inferno? What kind of bs is that? A proper coded bot will perform just as well as a human, probably a lot better.

+You remember right the actual "dungeon thingy" will always randomly change, not too much, but no bots can do them, EVEN WITH SCRIPTS. :/
Reply Quote
71 Human Mage
Omai... I do love diablo II but, dunnno about III... I hope it will be better :D
Reply Quote
why some people think that bots wont be able to go inferno is beyond my comprehension, if anything they would surpass humans easily.

How would a bot dodge incoming firebolts of DOOM?

Bot programs are very advanced, they can detect color moving on your screen and move the character accordingly. Thus detecting the fireball color, it tracks it and then evades it.

Also with the same stuff they can detect colors and formations of colors, thus can detect wall types and move accordingly.

Altho i am pretty sure the bots will mainly abuse barbarians and their jump skill to evade everything possible. But, i am very hatefull vs farmers and bots so i just leave it to this.

Reply Quote
Nope.

I am botting as we speak.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Diablo 3 actually having cooldowns on spells, and endgame PvE not being lvl 99 vs lvl 85 (i think it was?) but lvl 60 vs lvl 61? compared to Diablo 2, a bot won't survive long... i think some people are picturing a bot in Diablo 2 that would just spam teleport to a location, stand there and instagib everything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]