Diablo® III

Legendary weapons

85 Tauren Paladin
I wonder if there would be Legendary weapons in D3, not unique - Legendary.

Like some bosses have a rare chance of drop an item that starts a trail of quest beginning with you giving the items to Decard, and he sends you on a mission which requires you to solve puzzles, kill monsters, gather materials, win PVP duels etc...

could be like 2-3 Legendaries weapons for each class in every difficulty type of the game, i think this could be pretty awesome if there is such feature.

its really makes me proud to achieve something that almost no player Haven't achieved and it also can be a great boost to the auction house with players selling this items to make profit.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
NO!! Stay in freaking wow where you belong! You guys from wow have done MORE than enough with your evil taint to our beloved game!

Begone I say!
Reply Quote
There will be some weapons that only a few will have. Inferno perfect modded ones, for instance. If you have one of those I'm sure you can feel special and unique since about 20 people in the world will be sharing your happiness.

You can also sell them for 500$ though.

On topic: Probably no, we won't be seeing such weapons. But it's Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Good idea, loving it!
Reply Quote
There will be some weapons that only a few will have. Inferno perfect modded ones, for instance. If you have one of those I'm sure you can feel special and unique since about 20 people in the world will be sharing your happiness.

You can also sell them for 500$ though.

On topic: Probably no, we won't be seeing such weapons. But it's Blizzard.

i sure hope not...and perfect moddeditems are perfect to you perhaps but not perfect to me cause i need that item with slightly different stats because i play with different skills/style...
Reply Quote
i like this idea too
but YOU CANT SELL this item only keep it for you and your character
put it out of you stash it is lost for ever

weapons and armor
Edited by HYDRALISK on 04/09/2011 18:43 BST
Reply Quote
Selling (or Salvaging) is always an option :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
why legendary why?

serosly i want the game more than some stupid item what it useless after a while. see wow

just have to fun of lvling frist and mindless ganking mobs to ding 60 as frist or pvp loads
Reply Quote
Bah, yeah sure that sounds great. but There will probably be a system like this

-Common
-Uncommon
-Rare/magic?
-unique?
-Legendery?
i'm not sure but its been like that in the other games so we will just have to wait and see what comes around. ill probably get a heartattack from all this excitement before i get to play the game.
Reply Quote
-Common
-Uncommon
-Rare/magic
-Unique
-Legendary
-Unicorn

Unicorns are beyond legendary.

Ferocious Unicorn Mail of Ultra-Master
+10 to cool
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Priest
Bah, yeah sure that sounds great. but There will probably be a system like this

-Common
-Uncommon
-Rare/magic?
-unique?
-Legendery?
i'm not sure but its been like that in the other games so we will just have to wait and see what comes around. ill probably get a heartattack from all this excitement before i get to play the game.

No.
Magic, rare, craftable, unique & set-items. I'd say if its anything D2 is.

edit: aswell runewords into socked items, as normal, higher & lower quality items that can be sockeded by quest or in cube with right runes.

edit2: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/
Edited by Carmila on 06/09/2011 22:17 BST
Reply Quote
Currently the system in D3 for equipment item qualities is Common, Magic, Rare, Legendary, Legendary-Set.

Crafted items will acquire one of those qualities.

There are no runewords, just Gemstones to socket items and Runestones to socket Skills.
Edited by mykro on 07/09/2011 01:30 BST
Reply Quote
omg.... Tired of all these "make this like wow" comments and suggestions. NO!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
Just play WoW and get your legendaries if you want. Leave Diablo to be Diablo. Stop this WoW plague from spreading to Diablo.
Reply Quote
Jeez what's with the "agh keep your wow plague where it belongs!" posts? WoW isn't the only game with legendary items, and it's an incredibly small part of the game, maybe you guys should comment on his actual suggestion instead of just trolling...

But yeah, very hard-to-get legendary weapons with completely unique models and a good backstory about them might be cool.

What would worry me though is if they make them the best item in the game there won't be as much variability in player's equipment (as in everyone trying to get this item instead of picking one that's best suited for your playstyle/skill build) - but if they're not the best item in the game, no one will bother to get one.

Oh and also they'd have to be un-tradeable, nothing says un-legendary as buying it for 10$ on the AH.

If they make "legendary items" I think they should be more like "trophies", a item that's more of a vanity than equipment. Perhaps a broken weapon/helmet once worn by an important story character in the Diablo series with a cool effect and an achievement given for having it.
Edited by Alexander on 14/09/2011 00:27 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
IMO wow was ruined by blizzard rewarding casual players.I see nothing wrong with having items which are very rare,the only problem being that people QQ and blizzard cave in and let every Joe have them.Anyway that's my two cents :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
And since it's not an MMO and everyone can defeat the endgame on their own by solo play, everyone will have the uberpurplez legendary.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
NO!! Stay in freaking wow where you belong! You guys from wow have done MORE than enough with your evil taint to our beloved game!

Begone I say!

posting from wow account flaming wow, and yes, what we wow guys did, was to give blizz money to fund any activities and games they are able to produce now.

I like to give blizz money as I consider myself a blizzard player, not only wow, but there should be some respect for every blizzard game, from lost vikings to wow...

Edit: Altough, this doesn't mean I agree, diablo should be diablo, wow should be wow.
Edited by Aeryn on 21/09/2011 19:22 BST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
posting from wow account flaming wow, and yes, what we wow guys did, was to give blizz money to fund any activities and games they are able to produce now.

you can't post from a diablo 2 account.
Reply Quote
I wonder if there would be Legendary weapons in D3, not unique - Legendary.

Like some bosses have a rare chance of drop an item that starts a trail of quest beginning with you giving the items to Decard, and he sends you on a mission which requires you to solve puzzles, kill monsters, gather materials, win PVP duels etc...

could be like 2-3 Legendaries weapons for each class in every difficulty type of the game, i think this could be pretty awesome if there is such feature.

its really makes me proud to achieve something that almost no player Haven't achieved and it also can be a great boost to the auction house with players selling this items to make profit.

Dude!!

There will not be any Uniques in D3, there will be Legendary Items. what you refer to is Unique items, items that are Unique. In WOW maybe Unique items are called Legendary i wouldn't know cos i dont give a !@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]