Diablo® III

Inferno difficulty will be soloable ?!

Im not sure ,but i think dves state that the game will be soloable trough all difficulty's ,and that mean even inferno will be soloable and have all bosses killed by a player.
Even if there will be extremely hard ,if inferno will be soloable is a good thing.

Anyone know for sure ..if inferno will require a team to be able to kill all bosses and farm gear ?!
Edited by SaiYajin on 08/12/2011 12:57 GMT
Reply Quote
Jay wilson said that will be soloable, but i think he talks about singelplay.

I dont think singel players will farm inferno in Multiplayers games and get the best items!! Its not good balance for RMAH...
Edited by Baldi on 08/12/2011 13:04 GMT
Reply Quote
Yes.
This has been stated many times already... mainly because this is Diablo!

here watch from 6:05 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Zd7YD3uuM
Reply Quote
Jay wilson said that will be soloable, but i think he talks about singelplay.

I dont think singel players will farm inferno in Multiplayers games and get the best items!! Its not good balance for RMAH...

Inferno will be played in single player to so yeah that mean it will be soloable to ..Of course it may be very hard but still it will be soloable.

Yes.
This has been stated many times already... mainly because this is Diablo!

here watch from 6:05 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Zd7YD3uuM

Thanks allot bro for the link
Edited by SaiYajin on 08/12/2011 13:24 GMT
Reply Quote
but the question of course is then, how fast will the game scale if other players join? that inferno is soloable, is fine by me, but i still hope that it still will be a impossible challenge once other people join.
Reply Quote
I think Inferno will soloable but for most Masters players and moste hardcore gamers..

I dont think new player who have play the game in like 1 veek take inferno haha..

They should be glad if they finish Nightmare alone...
Reply Quote
I think Inferno will soloable but for most Masters players and moste hardcore gamers..

I dont think new player who have play the game in like 1 veek take inferno haha..

They should be glad if they finish Nightmare alone...

Hardcore will be the real deal for me ..After ill test the game and farm inferno solo.I want to be prepared when they add killing players and pvp hardcore.
Edited by SaiYajin on 08/12/2011 15:20 GMT
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 was also soloable still majority of players who couldnt afford high gear had problems even in act1, just because it will be soloable doesnt mean it will really concerns more than 5% of players after weeks of item hunting or couple hundreds spent on RMAH.
Reply Quote
Community
Yes. Inferno mode will definitely be more difficult when soloing, but it can be done. We do not intend co-op to be a requirement :-)
Reply Quote
Cool
Reply Quote
08/12/2011 15:54Posted by Vaneras
Yes. Inferno mode will definitely be more difficult when soloing, but it can be done. We do not intend co-op to be a requirement :-)

Does that mean when additional players enters the game the monsters do NOT grow stronger as in Diablo 2?
Reply Quote

Does that mean when additional players enters the game the monsters do NOT grow stronger as in Diablo 2?

It's quite the opposite. You can solo, aswell as co-op through inferno (not that it will be easy though). Monsters will grow stronger, their amount of HP at least, I'm not sure if anything else though.

It's just that when you have more than 1 player, you can gain access to buffs you otherwise couldn't receive, and also while your melee friends focus monsters on themselves you are free to do what you please, and that's the reason (bet there's more to it), why it's easier in co-op.
Edited by Mkun on 08/12/2011 16:57 GMT
Reply Quote
08/12/2011 16:47Posted by Jimmy

For what I understood the monsters do become stronger as other players join: nonetheless the final balance favours grouping of more players. Blizzard doesn't what the co-op to be a requirement but they strongly encourage and push us to co-op. Thing that sincerely I don't like: I'd like solo and co-op to be exactly equal in terms of gain for the player: different yes, but equal ....
Is solo inferno harder? Then give us more loot!
Edited by Tripanzuto on 08/12/2011 20:23 GMT
Reply Quote
For what I understood the monsters do become stronger as other players join: nonetheless the final balance favours grouping of more players. Blizzard doesn't what the co-op to be a requirement but they strongly encourage and push us to co-op. Thing that sincerely I don't like: I'd like solo and co-op to be exactly equal in terms of gain for the player: different yes, but equal ....
Is solo inferno harder? Then give us more loot!

Unfortunately it's hard to balance it to be the same difficulty. :(

As Mkun said above, the fact is that teaming players get access to buffs that a class simply can't get solo. Along with the tactics of having multiple players with different characters and playstyles combining ranged and melee, then 2 or more players are always greater than the sum of their parts. It's why 8 player D2 was pretty much impossible to balance. To make 1 monster scale properly it would have to 1-shot everything hehe :)

I believe the current formulae make the monsters have 325% HP with 3 players, so not quite the expected 400% for 4 players, so it's a touch easier to co-op. :) I'd need to go check Diablofans again to check the numbers now though :D
Reply Quote
That is not correct!

When you are "soloing" you have your follower and they grant quite potent buffs. However once an other player joins the followers become unavailable and what boons the other player grant may not be equal to what you enjoyed while "soloing".

Reply Quote
08/12/2011 20:44Posted by Difuid
When you are "soloing" you have your follower and they grant quite potent buffs. However once an other player joins the followers become unavailable and what boons the other player grant may not be equal to what you enjoyed while "soloing".

100% of the game can be solo'ed with no minion at all
Reply Quote
Plint, you drunk or something? or got account hacked? where's the usual taro ruulz crap :P
Reply Quote

what? that doesent explain anything...
i think the question is about the difficulty to solo/team up in Inferno.

just saying that "it is hard" means nothing?
it like saying that in D2 ( just to invent a point ) you CAN solo the new uber Rakanishu! it will be hard but can be done!
But hard = fill 100% inventory up with perfect charms and equipping the best Pitems in game and use a cheesy strategy with some "almost" legal exploit.

well, i guess we just need to wait and see how hard the game will be
Reply Quote
You can comparing that with WoW to. A new player who reach the level 85 cant go in to hardest instance and get best items for the first day. He/she need to gear up some items and learn the class and spells. I think its same in diablo3 hell/inferno levels. Of curse you can try but the monsters inferno will own you if dont have the gear for it...
Reply Quote

It is nice, and devs made a good choice with this. Requiring a team to finish inferno was not the way
Edited by SaiYajin on 09/12/2011 15:05 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]