Diablo® III

How will you price items on the RMAH?

89 Tauren Warrior
Personally I'll be going between 20p-£1 at most. Yeah it sounds low but I reckon people won't readily spend over £5 on items. At least not me.

So what about you?

Will you price high in hopes of raking in loads of cash or play it safe and price items for a much lower price?
Reply Quote
I expect some people will be willing to pay large sums of money for Inferno set or legendary items. Hundres of pounds even..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
At a guess, £2 minimum. It wouldn't surprise me to see items selling for £100 or more, especially as the market matures.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
I really don't think anyone will pay like 100£ for an item.

If we compare to Diablo II - some of the best things costed like 3-4 $ of those itemsites, so i guess it would be somewhere near that here as well. Personally i don't expect earning anything at all, but just sell and buy. Dunno why people expect getting millionaires from playing this game..
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Warrior
I don't expect to make a living from D3, but I reckon over time I could pay for WoW services such as Name change or server transfers.

Though at this point I wonder if, like the gold AH, the RMAH will also require a desposit? Wouldn't that be gambling RL money in a way?
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
I don't expect to make a living from D3, but I reckon over time I could pay for WoW services such as Name change or server transfers.

Though at this point I wonder if, like the gold AH, the RMAH will also require a desposit? Wouldn't that be gambling RL money in a way?

Blizzard told us you will have a limited number of free auctions per week, so maybe you can put 5 things up for free and then it will start costing.
Reply Quote
only problem is paypal will charge you 20p + 3.6% so a £1 item will cost you 26p ish with paypay

and also blizzards also take a cut so lets say they take 15p

and you have used up your free listings this week
then there listing fee applies lets say this is 5p

so with a 50p auction after all the deductions you get 4p
or a £1 item you get 54p
or a £5 items would net you £4.54

id say the lowest price would be around £1-£2 with any maximum based on how rare it is or what the demand is like for the item
Reply Quote
bru i will pay 50 pounds for a best item i dont care thats what diblo is about
Reply Quote
I will post mundane items like health potion for insane prices in hope somebody missclick and buys it :)
Reply Quote
23 Human Rogue
Uh , there's this one dude in china that spent 16 000 US dollars on a online auction , buying a sword for a game that's not even out yet..

So yeah.. never underestimate the other guys stupidity..

Also , there's likely a fee for posting items on RMAH , so go ahead and post mundane items..

No , i guess there's going to be a few moronic examples the first month , with people posting stuff for impossible prices.

We'll all have a few laughs at the guy who posted the equivalent of "the diggler" on RMAH for 300 bucks.. And then gape at the man guy who sold D3's version of "stone of jordan" for a thousand.

Supply and demand , the less there is of it out on the AH , the more you'll charge.

Answering the post , i'd say it depends on the item.
Reply Quote
23 Human Rogue
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/01/chinese-gamer-spends-16-000-on-virtual-sword-71003.html

Here's the chinese dude btw.... there's hope for us all!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
You want people to buy and sell like crazies in RMAH...simple solution :

1- make quarterly PvP tournament.
2- winner team awarded with 5-10K $.
3- watch the results

win-win situation..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That won't cause people to buy and sell like crazy, it'll cause BiS gear to sell for insane amounts of cash, which neither the player base nor Blizzard actually benefit from. Lose-lose.
Reply Quote
18/12/2011 19:39Posted by Jahra
Personally I'll be going between 20p-£1 at most. Yeah it sounds low but I reckon people won't readily spend over £5 on items. At least not me.

then allow me to become your biggest customer, ill happily cut out the middle man and buy all your rare legendaries for 20p
Reply Quote
5 euros max i guess
Reply Quote
Think it really depends on how rare they make the rarest items.

I have never played it but heard in AO, they have like some items that can only drop once a month or every second month or something crazy like that, and just one.

If anything crazy like that were to be put in D3 I can imagine those items being worth stupid amounts lol.

If they take the route to please everyone and there's thousands and thousands of the rarest possible drops, maybe not that much lol. (For some reason I'm hoping on the former xD, more epic that way).
Reply Quote
Hmm its so hard to tell, because well believe it or not we have no analogy to make.
Allow me to explain:
In D2 we all know that there wear ton of hackers dupers and boters. Even blizz admit that the items wear duped to a such extend that items that a VERY rare item was owned by everyone dispite the fact that only a couple ppl in the world should have it.
In WoW we have again ton of bots and the same situation.

That why sites had low priced items. Now if Bllizard manages to stop dupes,bots,hack...we should have a nive prised economy...if not anyone will be able to get his hands on some cheat tool just like now.

P.S. By no way i support cheating in video games just stating the obvious.
Reply Quote
I will price according to the market.. Anything else would be illogical.
Reply Quote
You want people to buy and sell like crazies in RMAH...simple solution :

1- make quarterly PvP tournament.
2- winner team awarded with 5-10K $.
3- watch the results

win-win situation..

OMG that a epic idea,pvp tournament for gold or cash ;)))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I can see people paying through the nose for items. It will ramp up the prices massively until only those with a massive disposable income/no life and only play games will be able to afford them. I just can't see people like me who play games for fun and not as a career benefitting from such a system.

I however agree with Blizz for implementing it is a neccesary measure to stop all the illegal gold and item selling that happens in WoW for example. I hope it does stop it. Having said that though I don't think it will stop illegal actions entirely there are many people who will still find a way to manipulate games and users.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]