Diablo® III

No gore no diablo.

85 Worgen Mage
We kinda should make a petition about the death animations. Its diablo CULT stuff.

I will NOT buy diablo 3 if they will remove all the gore like death animations.

Cmon i mean its a Hack N Slash game, it just says gore in the title!!

Remember playing Diablo and Diablo 2 during the kid days, i mean my attitude towards the game and the reason i loved it so much was that it was instense non stop gore, alot of blood alot of violence. And that is what attracts me to diablo and that is whats making me still play Diablo & Diablo 2 EVEN today,more then a decade after the release its still the top reason why im playing these old versions.

Get it Blizzard? Remove the gory stuff and you remove at least ONE fan right now!
Reply Quote
Um.
That death animation just means bosses instakilling you when you are at low health, which includes a special death animation.
It was only ever shown once, and I don't think it was used ever after...
Reply Quote
Ehm... Neither Diablo I or Diablo II had "death animations".

Death animations is referring to what Blizzard showed us (in 2008?) in one of their first gameplay videos, where you could die in various "extra cool" ways (like getting your head bitten off), in boss fights.
They have said that they are going to implement it (if everything goes well), but it couldn't be included in the release due to the amount of work required.

I don't know where you get off on the idea that they are removing gore in Diablo 3?
When I play the beta, there is less blood than the previous games - but that MIGHT be due to the fact that there are a very little amount of creatures, WITH BLOOD, in the beta and that now; monsters die accordingly to your spells (like in Diablo 2 where you could freeze mobs and shatter them).
Personally I think it is more awesome to shatter, burn, goo, flood, crash, freeze and break skeletons, than just to kill "with a generic way to die" or freeze them.
Reply Quote
I like ppl QQing about death animations but they don't even know exact what they are talking about. The death animation blizzard temp-removed were 1-hit-kill animations. If u are not paying attention to the first trailer..u won't even notice it. The siege breaker picks up a barb and bites half of him. That's the stuff they postponed..not normal death animations.
Reply Quote
You consider D2 to have gore?
I don't really call small patches of red "blood globs" for a lot of gore
Reply Quote
U are right...but i think ppl just recall environment detail gore. Like in Andariel's chamber, the big "cups'o'blood" that had corpses hanging out of them....but that's environment ...
Reply Quote
Another maximum facepalm thread

Probably its normal to become more and more rude in a forum like this but I cant stop to say that the OP is just plain stupid!

1, Deathanimations were NEVER implemented in Diablo
2, Blizzard did not REMOVE the animations they have not implemented them. What you have seen was for video purpose only
3, You wont buy D3 BECAUSE of missing Gore? GTFO, this is just ridiculous
4, You are still playing in kids days(obviously), you should not be allowed to buy Diablo 3

Yes, I should not write my post, but recently I read that Troll- and Idiotposts somehow attract people, including me, and thats true..

PS.:

Gore is the least important thing to improve a game. I think its much more important to have "full" sounds and animations. It depends strongly on sounds how satisfying it is to smash a skeletton/monster. No gore needed.
Edited by Nasabot on 01/02/2012 09:45 GMT
Reply Quote
wasn't someone asking for less gore? or an otpion to turn gore off?
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 09:54Posted by Ziccu

Rule of whiners:
1. Whine whine about everything
2. Rule no. 1 applies to EVERYTHING
Reply Quote

Yes, there was such a thread on the US forum and the OP got roflstomped by the community. Personally I thin turning off gore is not so absurd. I would not turn off gore but I can imagine that many people dont like to see gore.

When I played Torchlight 1 for a short time I also turned off gore because it looked stupid..
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 09:56Posted by Nasabot

Yes, there was such a thread on the US forum and the OP got roflstomped by the community. Personally I thin turning off gore is not so absurd. I would not turn off gore but I can imagine that many people dont like to see gore.

When I played Torchlight 1 for a short time I also turned off gore because it looked stupid..

Some would go as far as asking for an option that allows rainbows and flowers to spring out of corpses when u kill them
Reply Quote

Imo less gore option? I think there was a green blood option in some games to make it seem less realistic. But tbh.. with Diablo gore and slaugther, people hanging from hooks, half naked bodies on spikes etc is just the way it mean to be.. :P
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 10:52Posted by TheMessiah

Imo less gore option? I think there was a green blood option in some games to make it seem less realistic. But tbh.. with Diablo gore and slaugther, people hanging from hooks, half naked bodies on spikes etc is just the way it mean to be.. :P

Nothing can beat Serious Sam (the old one, or the revamped HD) where you could set blood to be... flowers. Enemies were spewing flowers upon death, now that's creative!
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 12:47Posted by Mkun

Nothing can beat Serious Sam (the old one, or the revamped HD) where you could set blood to be... flowers. Enemies were spewing flowers upon death, now that's creative!

No.. just no :P
Reply Quote
Bah. Apparently you cant use HTML on these boards?

Anyway, I heard you were looking for an Alot of Blood and an Alot of violence. I found em for ya.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/alotofblood.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/alotofviolence.jpg
Reply Quote
lol nice Blizz with deleting my post in this topic.

Seems they are afraid of any criticism about them making game for their moms and grandmoms...
Edited by Lazarus on 01/02/2012 13:57 GMT
Reply Quote
01/02/2012 06:33Posted by Goregrind
I will NOT buy diablo 3 if they will remove all the gore like death animations.

you will buy the game...
also, its death animations... why care? not that you wanna die, do you?
Reply Quote
All I read was BLA BLA BLA PETITION

BLA BLA BLA I WANT

BLA BLA I WONT BUY

Grow up ffs
Reply Quote
All I read was BLA BLA BLA PETITION

BLA BLA BLA I WANT
BLA BLA I WONT BUY
Grow up ffs

agree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]