Diablo® III

D3 Game Lobby Screen should look like this!

Chat field is too big.

Talk less play more!

But an idea never the less.
Reply Quote
The D3 Lobby should look like this:

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/onetwosc/newd3screen.jpg

DESCRIPTION
The chat itself could probably have tabs or whatnot. Also, I imagined that when you join a party or create one, the little 'avatar lineup' at the bottom would switch to your party's avatars (since there isn't much room behind your guy anymore lol). Then you could use the tiny arrow button next to "Monk Chat (1)" (which would say "Party") to switch back to avatars in the chat channel.

Also not really sure what "Leave Chat" would do... maybe or maybe not downsizes chat window, but it would take you out of the channel, leaving you to still type to friends/party.

Edit: The pedestal is because I had already traced out that guy and didn't want to do it again for one without a pedestal, though I probably should have. Try and imagine it's not there.

Mockup by OneTwoSC
from: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/page__p__761197#entry761197

feel free to post comments and suggestions.
Reply Quote
Fine by me.
Reply Quote
Positives:

- The idea of having an ad for the RMAH on an item which is good for your current level/character
- A chat window/party lobby in the character screen

Dislikes:

- Chat window too big
- Bottom left character panel adds too much clutter
- Stats in the bottom middle feel too compact to be meaningful in the character screen
- The chat bar/diablo face is too messy for my tastes
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I like it.
Reply Quote
I fail to see anything positive about it..and how it could improve a chat system in a game that limits u to 4 players anyway.
Reply Quote
This is made by 1 guy in probably 1 hour so cut the bs. Everything is better then the abortion of the chat we got from SC2.
Edited by Stonned on 21/02/2012 12:42 GMT
Reply Quote
Why was the image removed?
Reply Quote
21/02/2012 15:32Posted by Shaft
Why was the image removed?

Illuminati
Reply Quote
Awesome:)
Reply Quote
This is made by 1 guy in probably 1 hour so cut the bs. Everything is better then the abortion of the chat we got from SC2.

love it how you think photoshopping a image takes equally amount of time it takes to actually program it in so it works properly.

Hint: takes quite awhile.

Though I don't see the reasons to actually see each other characters, just seems pointless to me and was pointless in d2 aswell..
it's a fun mechanic though which should be implemented after the release or if they got time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]