Diablo® III

Message from Mike Morhaime

29/02/2012 17:30Posted by Takralus
We'll have exciting news to share in the coming weeks regarding Diablo III's release date, and will soon be holding a private media event to showcase the latest work on Mists of Pandaria. It goes without saying that we're working hard to get all of these games in your hands as soon as possible.

and will soon be holding a private media event to showcase the latest work on Mists of Pandaria.

and will soon be holding

soon

Soon™

Fix'ed

as well as other, unannounced projects

other Projects: meaning more then one?
Titan and....?
:O
random Guess list:
New WoW feature?
new SC feature?
Starcraft: Ghost?
Titan?
Something compeltly new?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote="34294758481"]
Something compeltly new?

You seriously care about one more new game or just curious by nature?

Who the hell want to play soo many new games at once. D3 should be enough for you too for years. So make them believe you're happy with that one game or else we can expect more people get fired from staff, they hire new developers and work more and more on new projects, while stalling D3 (joke/sarcasm).

:P
Reply Quote
01/03/2012 12:15Posted by Soulscraper

I would imagine everyone with an interest in Blizzard games are curious about the unannounced projects surely =P It would be weird to not be curious about it..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok then its just me. My brain is full with new games coming out, I'm probably too old to care about this many games.

For years I was only playing WoW, last year bought couple of FPS games, and SC2, but thats it.
Also I believe most of the people play just a handful of games or I would dare to say 2-3 tops constantly anyways.

Sucre curious, ok, I get that though. :)

01/03/2012 12:34Posted by Stafngrimr

I would imagine everyone with an interest in Blizzard games are curious about the unannounced projects surely =P It would be weird to not be curious about it..
Reply Quote
incoming weeks hmm 5-6 weeks ? and target will be on 2013?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Blizzard fired all the loony toons that think time can be measured. And those who think "soon", "few weeks" and "comming weeks" has ANY meaning at all.

To all the employees left (those that have never met a deadline), keep up the good work :-)
Reply Quote
I feel sorry for the people who are being let go. And I still cant believe all the people in here trolling for a release date in a thread like this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm rather curious about the real background though

-If they were testers... They are prob. the bottom line of the list, occasional work here and there, making checklist, checking some stuff on new beta releases.
-If they were technicians/customer support people... What system were they working on? Probably WoW. Meaning less server/customer support guys available -or even needed as the numbers told Mr. Mark-.
-Artists... Could be a couple from that department too... maybe some of them designers didn't fit the genres with their art/sound/etc, so they let go, from artistic standpoint not a big deal.
-Developers... Probably only a handful, since they are needed the most to coop with the lot of games developed at once.

Why they fired them?
-We will see drastic wow players base reduction in the coming 1.5years. GW2 and Tera will take away a lot of peeps, not to mention the top favorite D3. So they can cut server support, tech support, customer support people
-Cost reduction always the biggest reason. Getting out bigger marging means -like above I mentioned- WoW player base already reducing monthly, the earnings need to stay in the pocket, meaning if more people leaving, less profit realization happens with big employee base.

I'm still wondering though: What games will get released this year? In WoW you got already nothing to do, if the patch with pre MoP will come that helps but still, no new content for a year? SC2 expansion: I was expecting it early this year, still there is no where near. What happened on that part? We already aware of that D3 and WoW and SC2 dev. team is like 80-90% is the same. People can't work on that many titles at once, brains can't coop with that much of different kind of things, its just too much. So they probably pushing D3 as much as they can, then SC2 exp. Then next year WoW expansion.

My 5cents on it.

01/03/2012 13:52Posted by Foulplay
I feel sorry for the people who are being let go. And I still cant believe all the people in here trolling for a release date in a thread like this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Ohh come on! How could we not feel bad for the people who got fired, but all the rant is about Blizzards way of dealing with the release.
The release of D3 has now turned out to be joke, and Blizzard telling all the fans that we will hear something soon, time after time, is frankly disrespectfull. So, I'm gonna rant on every thread, cause the relaese is, and should be, the ONLY subjet. Give us a date or shut up..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, of course I'm feeling bad about them too, for me it was obvious thats why I didn't mention it. I've been let go 2 or 3 times now due to company money problems too, so I know the drill. That also menas I was not in big manager positions thats for sure. :D

The funny thing about the release date... Is not dropping a tiny bone to the players, like a % how much work they need for final, like 10% more work required, or whatever. Dunno.

Ohh come on! How could we not feel bad for the people who got fired, but all the rant is about Blizzards way of dealing with the release.
The release of D3 has now turned out to be joke, and Blizzard telling all the fans that we will hear something soon, time after time, is frankly disrespectfull. So, I'm gonna rant on every thread, cause the relaese is, and should be, the ONLY subjet. Give us a date or shut up..
Reply Quote
Well... not really shocked that hard times across the world are also affecting Blizzard. There much bigger companies that have been hit harder and many people all around the world are losing their jobs. The main issue is that it takes Blizzard so long to actually release a game because they want to make sure it's perfect or as can be, and fans tend to start to loose interest - saying here is a new wallpaper is unlikely to keep interest. I still imagine that lots of people will buy Diablo 3, but it's not a surprise that jobs have gone as they have to pay wages and if they are not releasing games then how are they going to continue paying people - basic economics right, no money coming in and paying people is not a great prospect for growth right?. Let’s face it, being a programmer etc.. Is a well paid job and so it should be. I am in no doubt that all the people being sacked are very talented and will find a job elsewhere. However, that may not help Blizzard as they will be taking levels of experience and know how's to other companies meaning that they can bring out better games - even on Blizzards level? That's a scary prospect
Reply Quote
59 Blood Elf Paladin
29/02/2012 18:58Posted by Spax
blizzard should just shut up about "soon" "coming weeks" etc, next time you speak about release date maybe you should actually tell us what the damn date is...

Im wondering the same coming weeks for blizzard could be months!!!
Reply Quote
World of Diablo, please?!!
Reply Quote
29/02/2012 18:58Posted by Spax
blizzard should just shut up about "soon" "coming weeks" etc, next time you speak about release date maybe you should actually tell us what the damn date is...

but that would defeat the whole purpose of leaving you hanging like the hungry dog you are.
Reply Quote
600 people - bye bye
Reply Quote
As long as it doesn't hurt Diablo III's development, i'm happy. And i really hope, that we will hear a release date very very soon.
Reply Quote
cat ?
Reply Quote
29/02/2012 20:36Posted by Raw
Why a company that makes hundreds of millions (if not billions) in profits would fire people ?

No matter how much money you make it doesn't hurt to streamline your organization (or "polish" in Blizz-speak). I'm guessing that a large part of their company is working on WoW and as that is slowly dying those people become obsolete. When at some point in the future they need all those people back they'll have no trouble finding qualified workers, I'm sure.

We'll have exciting news to share in the coming weeks regarding Diablo III's release date

Sounds like "Soon" to me.
At first I read that as "week" because I kinda expected that. That little "s" is a sure indication that we wont have any news in the coming week.
Reply Quote
So you got 2.55 billion dollar profit in 2011 but you have to "let go" employees? How disgusting is that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]