Diablo® III

Release Anouncement... Drumrolls... TODAY!

Just another Trollthread?
No!

Putting all the facts of the last days/weeks/years together chances are pretty damn high that today might be the day!

There was a beautiful Homepage where someone put together all the announcementdays of the last Blizz-Games and they almost exclusively were mondays! And with Jay saying "we are counting the days", for days now, I'd say today is the day!
Of course the release will then take another 2-3 Month but at least we have a day we can mark on our calenders, with a big,fat red cross :D

Later dudes ;)
Edited by FaLLeN on 12/03/2012 09:30 GMT
Reply Quote
An year has a lot of Mondays in it...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
1100
12/03/2012 09:32Posted by Rebound
An year has a lot of Mondays in it...


That is true but I somehow doubt Jay would say they are counting the days etc if it were longer than a month left.

Personally it'd be nice if it's today but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:30Posted by FaLLeN
Putting all the facts of the last days/weeks/years together chances are pretty damn high that today might be the day!


Im sorry to say that the release date will not be announced to day. There is in my assumptions only a 10% chance of that happening.

And why is that?

Well. It's true that today Blizzard will hold a Press event, but this is also true for the 19th. At these two events there are two different subjects discussed: The upcomming WoW expansion (MoP) and Diablo 3. So in theory, both days have potential of being release date announcement days. And seeing as Diablo 3 is the reason for a majority of the attention Blizzard gets atm, it makes sense to keep people interested so that more info on MoP gets out to the public, as the publicity wont be nearly as heavy if the release date is announced. This makes sense.

But, and this is why I say there is so little chance of today being the day of the announcement: All major Diablo fansites and Diablo related press have been invited to the headquarters of Blizzard on the 19th of March. This indicates that today will be the announcement of MoP's release date or more information of this expansion, which means the 19th will be the announcement of the release date.

However, recent information indicates that the press there will be under a NDA until next Monday..
From release date till release I estimate a 60% chance of an April release, 40% chance of a May release.


TL;DR: By next monday we will have the release date. Chances are it will be announced on Friday, but without the public knowing the date before monday. Today there's very little chance as Diablo fansites are invited to Blizzard HQ on friday.
Edited by SirLoseAlot on 12/03/2012 10:10 GMT
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 10:02Posted by Raìjin
An year has a lot of Mondays in it...


That is true but I somehow doubt Jay would say they are counting the days etc if it were longer than a month left.

Personally it'd be nice if it's today but I'm not going to get my hopes up.


I can count 365 days down :D

Joke aside, yea i get what u mean
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
0
Nice summary there :)

I put my $ on next monday!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
8055
4 more years!!!

Naa! joking, the release date is the first of April (Because all at blizz are in love with April o´Neil, yep even the girls;P)

If you for some strange reason, does not know who that is! It´s the reporter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Cowabunga!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Nice summary there :)

I put my $ on next monday!

possible...but could also be today ;)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
1440
First, today (Monday 12th) there is nothing related to MoP, no press event - it starts tomorrow (13-15 March). Second, the NDA is for this MoP-related press event and third, on Monday 19th, when the NDA expires they will finally reveal stuff announced during this MoP press tour.
Edited by Balkh on 12/03/2012 10:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
9500
Well screw Diablo 3 and Wow MOP.

Just giff us Sc2 Heart of the swarm:)

Naa!! just joking:)

Or am I?
Reply Quote
I would really like this but i don't see it happen :(
Reply Quote
I guess announcement will be in 4-8 weeks (why not on a monday, seems legit).

Note to OP: Blizzard use to have only 2-4 week between announcement of release date and the launch, alot shorter than other companies.
Reply Quote
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?823936-Diablo-3-Release-Date
Reply Quote
Keep in mind, that its 6 AM in the US.

Anything could still happen, if Blizzard got any plans.

But why today?

Havent people learned, that soon, and something like days can be weeks?

Soon = 5~ years
Years= 10+ years
Months= 1-3 years
Weeks= 3-24 months
Days= 1-6 months.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:13Posted by Guy
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?823936-Diablo-3-Release-Date


"don't ask, just trust me"

And that's where I couldn't care less.
Reply Quote
Soon = 5~ years
Years= 10+ years
Months= 1-3 years
Weeks= 3-24 months
Days= 1-6 months.

Hehe Thats funny!
Like a Blizzard->Englisch dictionary ;)
Reply Quote
Soon = 5~ years
Years= 10+ years
Months= 1-3 years
Weeks= 3-24 months
Days= 1-6 months.

Hehe Thats funny!
Like a Blizzard->Englisch dictionary ;)


http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4142248432
Reply Quote
To be honest I don't trust rumours sin we are talking about Blizzard entertainment.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4142248432

That is old news mate.

We've seen that many times lately. Happens 1 or 2 times a week. Nothing to see there. Just Blizz screwing their own homepage thats normal.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4142248432

That is old news mate.

We've seen that many times lately. Happens 1 or 2 times a week. Nothing to see there. Just Blizz screwing their own homepage thats normal.


I was actually linking him a Blizzard->English dictionary since he found that funny. the site is down now and has nothing to do with my post...

update: it seems up now. check it , its quite amusing.
Edited by Guy on 12/03/2012 12:21 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]