Diablo® III

Ey. Got a question regarding Tyrael's Sword

75 Goblin Warlock
I've entered a beta contest and one of the questions was what are the name of tyrael's sword and after some research on sites i found Azureblade and that ring a bell in my memory as his sword. After the contest was over my answer was wrong and i was frustated and i just want to know if im wrong or what? A blue post to confirm/deny would be nice.

Regards a eager diablo fan
Reply Quote
What I could find was "Sword of Justice", he is the arcangel of justice after all

edit:
Azurewrath is Izual's sword, Azureblade is the type of sword Tyrael use, named El'Druin but is called Sword of Justice

what I could find, read more here:
http://www.diablowiki.net/Azureblade
Edited by Plintstorm on 18/03/2012 12:35 GMT
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Warlock
Ye but azureblade is the question im after
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think Azureblade is his, but he never used it and it got stolen or so...
Reply Quote
Not blue, but I am pretty knowledgeable about lore, if I may say so myself.

In truth Tyrael's sword is named El'druin, the Sowrd of Justce (though from the item database It seems it can also be called Skycutter).

As for Azureblade:

Azureblade is the type of sword wielded by Tyrael and Izual.

Tyrael's sword is named El'Druin, and is also commonly called Sword of Justice, although it is likely that the name is refering to the type of sword, and thus referring to Azureblade. Izual is wielding Azurewrath.

As Azurewrath is called an 'Angelic Runeblade' by Tyrael, it is speculated that it might be his own as well.

The origins of the Sword is unknown, but the Azureblade has been used by Tyrael for a long time, and was his weapon of choice when fighting the Dark Wanderer inside the Tomb of Tal Rasha, next to the Binding Stone.

The Azureblade El'Druin is also the sword Tyrael used in conjunction with some sort of spell to destroy the corrupted Worldstone.

(from www.diablowiki.net)

So while the syntax is not the best we can infer that Azureblade is a type of angelic runeswords and Tyrael's is named El'druin. Izual wielded Azurewrath.

[edit]
Meh... took too long to post a reply I guess...
Edited by mykro on 18/03/2012 13:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Yeah, El'Druin is Tyrael's sword, also called Sword of Justice because it's believed it cannot harm those of righteous intent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]