Diablo® III

Monk damage bit low?

Hi i think that the damage of the monk in the beginning compared to a wiz ore barb is little low or am i just wrong here?:P
Reply Quote
No one? Lols
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
How can you judge their damage being a little low when you don't have the full 60 levels, nor the actual gear you will be able to get at release. It's just the tutorial section of the game.
Reply Quote
nope... I don't.
Reply Quote
me neither, killing with one kick

pwn pwn
Reply Quote
I would say a monk has high enough damage, I just put 2 sabres on her that I found. One thing I would say tho is I'm not really finding any Monk knuckle drops on any char
Reply Quote
In case the OP somehow missed this information, your Skill damage is based on weapon damage so if your Monk has a worse weapon, yes, his damage will be lower. Upgrade your weapon.
Reply Quote
oke thanks guys for the reply
Reply Quote
actually i got really suprised about the monk, after slamming lowbie magic daggers on him +2% attack speed bracers- He was not only hitting hard, but also extremely fast.

He's definatly gonna be good times later on.
Edited by Melchya#2585 on 21/04/2012 15:41 BST
Reply Quote
21/04/2012 14:24Posted by Jobhla
I would say a monk has high enough damage, I just put 2 sabres on her that I found. One thing I would say tho is I'm not really finding any Monk knuckle drops on any char

Actually you don't need 2 sabres- just 1 in the main hand:

Patch notes 13: "When dual-wielding, certain skills will now always use your main-hand weapon to determine damage"
Reply Quote
No way.. Monk seems pretty overpowered ...

I enjoyed gameplay with him..
Reply Quote
The Monk is a curious one - I think the feeling of 'not enough damage' comes from the fact that he does 3-hit chains. I mean, look at at Deadly Reach with Piercing Trident on it - the first two hits don't feel like much and then you crack the world in half with the final blow.

It's awesome.

I'm really torn between the Monk and the Witch Doctor - but I think in the end I'm going to go with the former. Such a fantastic class.
Reply Quote
21/04/2012 15:44Posted by Zatagar

Patch notes 13: "When dual-wielding, certain skills will now always use your main-hand weapon to determine damage"

dual wielding means +15% attack speed.
So yes, there is a reason to use dual wield.
Reply Quote
21/04/2012 15:48Posted by Kumori

dual wielding means +15% attack speed.
So yes, there is a reason to use dual wield.

Plus certain Skills does not mean all Skills.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the end boss for dropped a CRAP load of stuff for my monk, infact I even got a armor bit with +20 armor on early REALLLLLLLLLLY early on in game, like after the first mini boss or something.
Also the end boss gave me knuckle dusters as well ! Two blue ones. RNG is RNG!
Reply Quote
Actually, I had quite higher DPS on my Monk than I had on my Wizard... :p
Reply Quote
Lol , I thought the Monk was actually a bit too powerfull... and all I had on him was a Sabre with 1-2 lightning damage, he just breezes through masses of mobs with ease... got a 80 kill massacre with him on the jar event, and with a white targe I barely take much damage.
I use the lightning punch with the teleport rune, the whirlwind kick with the fire rune and the blinding flash defensive ability... with the blind on my side mouse button I barely need the keyboard :P

Tell you one thing, in PvP with that teleport rune, forget about running from the Monk... sticks to you like glue... had a few of those treasure seekers in the game, each time I just needed to hold my button in and the seeker couldnt go anywhere.
I suppose players can use disables to escape, but not just pure running... not going to happen :P
Reply Quote
40 Troll Hunter
21/04/2012 14:10Posted by Mertie
How can you judge their damage being a little low when you don't have the full 60 levels, nor the actual gear you will be able to get at release. It's just the tutorial section of the game.

There is a limit to how much you can use the this is only beta lol rofl lolol.

IF there is a major difference in damage between two classes its a valid point as everyone scales of weapon damage. So better or worse gear between classes makes no difference.

That being said i havent tried the monk yet so i wouldnt know if he is right or wrong.
Reply Quote
Monks seem pretty strong.

Right before the servers went down I was running around and one-hitting everything on my lvl 8 monk.

If any class seems underwhelming it's definitely demon hunter. But you can't really judge a characters power while having a lvl cap of 13.
Edited by Art9#2276 on 21/04/2012 16:16 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
He aint no barb with Cleave Explosion, but he is powerful in his own right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]