Diablo® III

2 handed sword barbarian in video

Yo I made these two videos to show (and keep my self company :P) my lvl 13 barbarian with a 2 handed sword!

First one is a complete playthrough from lvl 13 and last 38min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLJS_U4j43U&feature=g-upl&context=G241aabdAUAAAAAAADAA

second one is a coop boss run, last just under 10 min:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igl6fLF1dYU&feature=g-upl&context=G2bca385AUAAAAAAABAA

Just figured I'd share this cause I don't seem to find anything about barbs with 2 handed swords... so here it is :). Quality is nice, recorded at graphics maxed out and my native resolution 60 fps in the fraps videos but I'm not sure that stayed in the youtube one.
No commentaries :) I will not be bothering you guys while watching the gameplay!

Hope you guys like it!
Reply Quote
cool I like 2handers. but, if u set your build for signle target dps (bash or frenzy and hammer), it woulod be cooler.
Reply Quote
25/04/2012 07:40Posted by endeffect
cool I like 2handers. but, if u set your build for signle target dps (bash or frenzy and hammer), it woulod be cooler.

I'm pretty sure bash and frenzy are definately for dual wielding! Frenzy could be arguable, I tried it against skeleton king it was pretty funny, but you're really not gonna be as useful on packs.
Reply Quote

I'm pretty sure bash and frenzy are definately for dual wielding! Frenzy could be arguable, I tried it against skeleton king it was pretty funny, but you're really not gonna be as useful on packs.

oh I am sorry I should have added ''for the boss fight'' part to my previous post. ofc what I ment is for the boss fight. If u set frenzy and hammer on for the Skeleton King fight I am %100 sure the fight would end quickly. Right now frenzy unruned and bash+onslaught seem to do the same dps but in the full release frenzy+maniac will be superior for sure.
Edited by endeffect on 25/04/2012 09:31 BST
Reply Quote
Yeah but you need to get into a habit where you have to stick to your skills and runes cause they're most likely implementing a mf buff at lvl 60 for those who kill champions, rare elites and then bosses without leaving the game, or changing a skill
Reply Quote
25/04/2012 16:33Posted by Stampy
Yeah but you need to get into a habit where you have to stick to your skills and runes cause they're most likely implementing a mf buff at lvl 60 for those who kill champions, rare elites and then bosses without leaving the game, or changing a skill

ya ya that is correct your assumption about that mf buff. but my concern is just pure dps on boss fights. anyways pretty good video btw.
Edited by endeffect on 25/04/2012 17:52 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Frenzy with Smite is really good. Seeing as stuns are crucial or atleast very useful. Though if you are using a two-hander and want stuns, go for Bash with Clobber and HotA with Smash/Thunderstrike. Smash vs bosses, Thunderstrike for AoE or 2+ mobs.
Reply Quote
Naaa i'm gonna use frenzy and maniac. You basically don't want any low proc skills with a slow weapon unless absolutely necessary. In this case the frenzy would be used for every engagement, than do a skill spender for massive damage :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I tried Bash with Clobber on the beta, mainly with a two-hander. It hit really hard and it stunned very often. It is all about taste. One problem with Frenzy if used with two-handers, the low fury reg.
Reply Quote
25/04/2012 21:43Posted by Brohansky
I tried Bash with Clobber on the beta, mainly with a two-hander. It hit really hard and it stunned very often. It is all about taste. One problem with Frenzy if used with two-handers, the low fury reg.

Yeah but it's not THE only fury generator, you also have leap or ancient spear etc... usually I would also destroy objects (like you can see in my vid) to build up the rage anyways.
If I had known about the box to check to have which ever skills you wanted for the open beta, I would have gone with frenzy to build up attack speed and maintain it, then cleave to... well cleave.... leap attack and seismic slam. in the end you just deal more damage. I think frenzy will be a must for EVERY dps barb build.

Come to think of it, it would have been pointless for me in the beta cause as you can see I go through packs of monsters just too easily but it would have made the champions, rare monsters and boss encounter more efficient to say the least.
But as you level up and start fighting more resilient monsters, that first monster you engage with frenzy once or twice then start taking cleaves perhaps? or wirlwind (which will replace cleave obvi) with frenzy rune maniac you gain up to 20% of damage!

On paper it sounds nice, I guess we will only know on the 15th.
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 25/04/2012 22:01 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
25/04/2012 21:59Posted by Stampy

Yeah but it's not THE only fury generator, you also have leap or ancient spear etc... usually I would also destroy objects (like you can see in my vid) to build up the rage anyways.
If I had known about the box to check to have which ever skills you wanted for the open beta, I would have gone with frenzy to build up attack speed and maintain it, then cleave to... well cleave.... leap attack and seismic slam. in the end you just deal more damage. I think frenzy will be a must for EVERY dps barb build.

Come to think of it, it would have been pointless for me in the beta cause as you can see I go through packs of monsters just too easily but it would have made the champions, rare monsters and boss encounter more efficient to say the least.
But as you level up and start fighting more resilient monsters, that first monster you engage with frenzy once or twice then start taking cleaves perhaps? or wirlwind (which will replace cleave obvi) with frenzy rune maniac you gain up to 20% of damage!

On paper it sounds nice, I guess we will only know on the 15th.

Why do you think Frenzy is a must for every barbarian build? I will mostly be going with Bash runed with Clobber or Cleave with Reaping Swing rune. Downsides of Frenzy are that you need 5 stacks of it to make it hit less for what Bash hits, though it is faster. Whirlwind will no replace Cleave since it is not a fury generator, it is a spender.

Also Cleave runed with Reaping Swing gives you 5 fury for the first target and +3 per x targets, i.e you hit five mobs with Cleave. You get 5 fury for the first, 3 for the second, third, forth and fifth. That gives you 17 fury. Compared to Frenzy which gives you 3 fury per attack. Frenzy will be good if you use it with Smite, Weapon Master passive and spears/polearms or you want to get a fast speed for stun/other procs. But it all comes down to taste in the end.
Reply Quote
oh damn I just realized I read it wrong... I thought frenzy would give attack speed and damage bonus to all barbarian skills xD... never mind what I said before I'll just use cleave.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Frenzy will be very good if combined with the right abilities and passives.

Use Frenzy with Smite. Use the Weapon Master Passive. WotB with Insanity. Frenzy grants you +75% weapon speed at five stacks. You get +10% weapon speed if using polearms/spears with Weapon Master. You get +25% weapon speed when using WotB. It will increase your attack speed tremendousely. Insanity rune is very good if you are trying to do this because you will be mostly spamming Frenzy and using HotA runed with Smash to get high hits out and get rid of fury. Stuns will proc alot from Smite.

But don't forget about defenses. Without any, you will die really fast on nightmare+.
Edited by Brohansky#2468 on 25/04/2012 22:39 BST
Reply Quote
I know defence is needed dude, I can figure stuff on my own xD. Frenzy has just become useless to me now. With a 2 handed weapon that is. and even if I do take it I wouldn't take smite at all... this is clearly for dual wield specs. Not saying you can't use it with a 2 hander, just that you better take other runes with a 2 hander. I'm rethinking my build right now, it just won't include frenzy though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]