Diablo® III

Overall "Best" and "Worst" Class of diablo 3.

I understand that its a matter of chose or taste / and how you like to play in the long run, but...

In "general" What the majority this, to my understanding is:

Best /most powerful classes rated from 1 = the best and 5= the weakest.

1.barb.
2. Wiz
3.Monk
4. DH
5. WD

Is this correct?
Reply Quote
I found them well balanced. Can't say this or that is more powerfull. Everytime i start a new char and play with it it seems more powerfull than the previous...
Reply Quote
We have not played the game yet.

Did you think they were patching the game for us in the beta? For level 10 characters? Its just like WoW, they balance around maxlevel.

Will you stop making these threads?
Reply Quote
In the beta WD seemed like the most powerful to me sipmy because of Soul Harvest, it more than doubled my dps for 30 seconds with a cooldown of 15. It way lose or rather even out its effectiveness later depending on how much intelligence you have compared to how much the skill gives you, but seriously op in the beta.

The DH felt like the least effective, at least at level <10 because it lacked a good aoe.
Edited by GamerGeek#2781 on 24/04/2012 20:06 BST
Reply Quote
Even without Soul Harvest my WD more-or-less tied with wiz and barb for damage output. With it he far surpassed them. I would have to say from my experience (got all chars to 13) the rating is more like:

1. WD
2 + 3. Barb/Wiz
4. Monk
5. DH
Reply Quote
I would have to say something more like:

1.) Barbarian
2) WD
3) Monk
4) Wizard
5) DH

Barbarian get crazy gear, and with their passive (can't remember the name) that increases their attack rate pr. hit, they are crazily overpowered. + Earthquake, a terrifyingly strong AoE attack.
With 2 legendary 1 hands and the passive, I don't think any class can match it.

This is just from my experience. Personally I find WD funniest to play as, and he has some pretty strong AoE too.

I hope Monk doesn't become as powerful as Hammerdins from D2 ^^
Reply Quote
I understand that its a matter of chose or taste / and how you like to play in the long run, but...

In "general" What the majority this, to my understanding is:

Best /most powerful classes rated from 1 = the best and 5= the weakest.

1.barb.
2. Wiz
3.Monk
4. DH
5. WD

Is this correct?

In my eyes the right order of preferation ;-)
Reply Quote
I'd say they'd struck a pretty good balance so far.

It felt like, all things being equal, that any class would perform just as good as others, variations in outcome only dependant on your current build in certain situations, and gear.
Granted, some classes lacked certain situational skills in the open beta, but, it was open beta.

Starting to judge balance on what more or less boils down to ~20% of the game skill-wise, would just be a tad too naive, I feel. :)

(Oh, and I got all classes to lvl 13)
Edited by Santiak#2796 on 12/05/2012 23:44 BST
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Hunter
why DH so low in the list?
Reply Quote
I think it depends ALOT on gear, spec and level.... But like people said, during beta WD was the most powerfull class....

And i belive that before classes get REALLY good gear, WD will also be the class most capable of soloing very hard content(considering their pets.)

But then again i think by the time classes get really really awesome gear, barb will probably be one of the most powerfull.... But it's all just guessing and speculation at this point, time will tell :). (And so will patches, buffs & nerfs!)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
12/05/2012 23:45Posted by Hajex

I want to know this too. I'll be playing as a DH.
Reply Quote
Depends on what you consider the criteria to be for "best".

Theyll hopefully be equal, but regardless of effectiveness, ill aim for fun and viable even if it means more challenge.
Reply Quote
59 Orc Warrior
don't underestimate the monk ;)
Reply Quote
...Everytime i start a new char and play with it it seems more powerfull than the previous...

maybe you're just getting better at the game? o_-
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 23:51Posted by Bahtek

I want to know this too. I'll be playing as a DH.

Because some people believe so and decided for themselves, that on class seems to be more sympathetic than another. This thread doesn't seem to be about objective discussions and meticulous theorycrafting. But here goes my opinion which on the other hand is perfectly calculated and well thought through (as well as it gets when you let your stomach think and compute anyway...) :

1.Wizard
2.Demon Hunter
3.Witch Doctor
3 1/2.Barbarian, Monk

Ha! Swallow this!
Reply Quote
Barb will be the best for melee, of course. But hey, in PVP, I think they will be frustrated. As long as you keep them at arms length, the barb is an easy target. Every class has a weakness. Blizzard arent dumb enough to make one class dominant.

In PVE though, I think the WD will reign, due to the fact that his damage is actually higher than you think, he has AOE abilities and CC. He will be probably the best class to solo higher difficulties, due to his pets alone. He's got a constant stream of distractions and AOE fear spells, he can become almost untouchable, which is what you want.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Death Knight
Just hope no class is so underpowered like Assassin was ~_~
Reply Quote
Tbh, the classes seemed pretty equal to me, though I personally did not like the WD style of play. I don't see any classes having problems with killing stuff.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Shaman
why would you necro this retarded thread...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
[quote="40076504750"][quote]meticulous theorycrafting

Meti What?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]