Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Random events

After trying out the open beta, I came across some random events
and im wondering how many there have been seen, just in the beta.
Would be awesome if people could post some events they experienced in
Diablo 3 beta

I saw 3 events.

1.Treasure goblin (not really sure if its event)

2.Then i saw a man, standing infront of a book, and he asks you to leave, and gives you a small pile of gold. clicked the book, and he went mad, and turned to be a rare boss.

3. Found a jar of souls. had to survive 1 minute, where the area got overwhelmed by monsters.

Any other events?
Edited by Hel#2946 on 26/04/2012 17:07 BST
Reply Quote
-Jar of Souls.
-Librarian-ish dude in the Cathedral (once in around 20 playthroughs) (same guy you mentioned).
-Ring of slaughter turned into a huge mob that consists of tons of dead bodies.
-Chest that spinned when clicked, spawning enemy mobs before letting you loot.
-Ghostlady concerned with graverobbers, then you have to kill three "minibosses" one after another while skeletons spawn constantly.
-Finding a slaughtersite, character says something like "oh this looks horrible" and having tons of zombies spawn around the slaughtersite.

Cant remember much more... But I know there were more.
Reply Quote

what is this? O.o
Reply Quote
I have experienced 2 other events:

The Matriach bones: talk to a ghost, collect her bones, and defeat her angry ghost husband, then return the souls to her grave.

and some event where the ground change colour and alot of zombies, come from the ground.¨

EDIT: and also the "den of fallen" and the "cave under the well"
Edited by Diablo#2810 on 26/04/2012 17:16 BST
Reply Quote
-Jar of Souls.
-Librarian-ish dude in the Cathedral (once in around 20 playthroughs) (same guy you mentioned).
-Ghostlady concerned with graverobbers, then you have to kill three "minibosses" one after another while skeletons spawn constantly.
-Finding a slaughtersite, character says something like "oh this looks horrible" and having tons of zombies spawn around the slaughtersite.

Cant remember much more... But I know there were more.

- clicking a corpse and a guy raises and says "its not my time to die" and starts attacking you
- That Den of something that spawns in weeping hollow area.

26/04/2012 17:13Posted by Kumori

what is this? O.o

I think hes refering to the raise of a unburied?
Edited by Cheezdoodles#2985 on 26/04/2012 17:16 BST
Reply Quote
You see the mob all the time, its nothing special. Just walking over this specific place of slaughter (lots of blood and limbs), and this big mob unborrows.
Reply Quote
oh... that, when you mentioned ring of slaughter it sounded so much more epic so I thought it was something bigger than that.
Reply Quote
well there's also the den of the fallen (Which is also known to some as the infamous "Den of evil" from D2)

Where i also were so lucky to experience the rare monster pack with the waller affix ^^

And there's a mini event in the part before the three randomized crypts where you'll find plenty of dead bodies lying around, after going into that small spot - a light fog(ish) effect will emit and zombies will unburrow from beneath the ground around you.
Edited by Melchya#2585 on 26/04/2012 17:19 BST
Reply Quote

Found these too, but rest of it. I havent seen yet

cant wait to see what else we are going to meet on our way on the road of destruction :)
Reply Quote
This video is actually pretty great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuLqOMVDkQ

contains most of the beta events.
Reply Quote
If you watch the Yes/No interview, Jay claims that there are more than 50 random events in the game currently! (I think the question was if there were 50 or more, but might be the wrong number)
Reply Quote
Not really an "Event" but the Black Mushroom spawn is quite rare. I came across it on my second play-through.
Reply Quote
26/04/2012 17:38Posted by Gravel
If you watch the Yes/No interview, Jay claims that there are more than 50 random events in the game currently! (I think the question was if there were 50 or more, but might be the wrong number)

Hoping for a bit more than 50 :D Greedy
Reply Quote
26/04/2012 17:40Posted by Coeco
Not really an "Event" but the Black Mushroom spawn is quite rare. I came across it on my second play-through.

Black mushroom?

what happened?

This video is actually pretty great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuLqOMVDkQ

contains most of the beta events.

also, nice watch
Reply Quote
The black mushroom is just a group of mushrooms. You can pick one up. And voila you have a item taking up a square of your inventory. It got a reference tooltip I don't remember and you can do NOTHING with it. Except carry it around and look at the tooltip or if you are really dull, toss it out :D
Reply Quote
Jar of Souls on Inferno scares me.

Cheezdoodle: Its a reference to Adria (Leahs mom) who had a Black Mushroom quest in Diablo. Maybe its something you can do something with after Leoric :) .
Edited by Slai#2543 on 26/04/2012 17:53 BST
Reply Quote
26/04/2012 17:52Posted by Slai
Jar of Souls on Inferno scares me.

Will anything be different besides higher HP/Dam.? because if that is all, I managed to avoid the Skeltons with range.

But then we will have our plethora of skills to choose from, so hmm :)
Edited by Gravitic#2843 on 26/04/2012 17:54 BST
Reply Quote
Iunno, I just feel like its going to be horrible. Probably just longer, since youll spend a longer time killing each mob, waiting more for CDs (power AoEs etc).

Still scary!
Reply Quote
Yeah I knew the tooltip was refering to Adria and Deckard Cain

The witch Adria seeks a Black Mushroom? I know as much about Black Mushrooms as I do Red Herrings." - Deckard Cain
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Duuuude we only saw 3 events in like 1/3 of act I on Normal difficutly. Srsly guyz there will be tons of other random events lulz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]