Diablo® III

Icon Stuck on taskbar, cant remove/delete

(Locked)

Hi, i installed the game and all is fine except one thingh i want to remove the game icon from the windows taskbar but it dosent let me in any way.

Windows 7

i tried:
-unlocking taskbar, right click icon , nothing hapens, no options to remove
-going directly to the taskbar hidden folder, icon is not there.
-deleting icon system chache, nothing happens after reboot
-renaming the target exe to force the system to detect a dead icon and allow deletion, no luck, the game just creates a new exe and launcher file....
-runed the system maintenance, nothingh, says its all ok, no problems detected

any sugestions?

i really want to get that icon out of my taskbat ( i have all my icons custom made high res aranged on top of my screen)

edit: i didnt play the beta so theres no "leftovers" from that.
Edited by Spartacus#2444 on 14/05/2012 21:24 BST
90 Human Warrior
I literally just made a similar thread. I'm unable to unpin it no matter what I try.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
If you right click the icon you should have an option to 'unpin from task bar'. I'm afraid I don't know why you haven't.
15/05/2012 22:28Posted by Strikershade
Find the diablo 3 icon in your start menu, right click there and unpin from taskbar

Worked for me :D ty
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Google brought me here, and this worked great!
Worked great! Thanks!
Such a silly thing... totally ruined my day :-D
Thanks a million, it worked!
I'd already removed the icon from the Start menu, so this didn't work (even after adding it back to Start, etc.)

Now I can't get the Diablo Launcher icon to stick to my Task bar, likely due to this blank icon thinking that's it's Diablo 3.
Edited by Heavygear#1217 on 18/05/2012 02:21 BST
While this does work, it's kinda silly for the icon to be bugged to begin with.

Do hope Blizz fixes it.
i had this happen to me with the manual

i eneded up having to delete the file and then i had to try and open it from the taskbar

a message will pop up that says this file no longer exists and it will ask if you want to delete it from the taskbar
Right click the shortcut on your desktop/start menu (wherever you dragged to your taskbar from originally) and choose 'Unpin from Taskbar'. If this does not work the alternate solution is this... Right click the icon (on your desktop/start menu) and instead of choosing 'Unpin from Taskbar' like you did previously, choose 'Pin to Start Menu'. Now, click Start. You should see the icon pinned in the upper section of your start menu. Right click the icon at this location. Now choose 'Unpin from Taskbar'. The icon should now disappear from the taskbar. Next, to reverse the change to the start menu you can choose 'Unpin from Start Menu'. Now it should be completely removed from both places.

I confirm, THIS IS WORKING !!!!
85 Worgen Hunter

Right so just to be clear on the solution to this just so anyone landing here for a fix will understand...

Right click the shortcut on your desktop/start menu (wherever you dragged to your taskbar from originally) and choose 'Unpin from Taskbar'. If this does not work the alternate solution is this... Right click the icon (on your desktop/start menu) and instead of choosing 'Unpin from Taskbar' like you did previously, choose 'Pin to Start Menu'. Now, click Start. You should see the icon pinned in the upper section of your start menu. Right click the icon at this location. Now choose 'Unpin from Taskbar'. The icon should now disappear from the taskbar. Next, to reverse the change to the start menu you can choose 'Unpin from Start Menu'. Now it should be completely removed from both places.

I tryd it all, and even this one is not working (i do not get the option @ start menu to "unpin from taskbar" only unpin start menu)
Also i want to point out that mine is noninteractive whatsoever with rightclick, left is fine starts up and everything.

im thinking about reinstalling, but for a button? really? grrr

[edit] so i confirm this is NOT working for at least 1 person
Edited by North#2766 on 25/05/2012 13:35 BST
85 Worgen Hunter
I FOUND IT!

the solution to my unclickable icon (and probably for everyone here) was to simply delete my diablo III launcer and Diablo III application in the diablo game folder. Then click the icon on the tastkbar, it will say the path doesnt exist anymore and asks u if u want to delete the icon.

Pressed yes and it was gone!

hope this helped some who sill have troubles

(btw i made a backup of those 2 files so i just put em back right after the icon was deleted, np)
Edited by North#2766 on 27/05/2012 14:08 BST
I FOUND IT!

the solution to my unclickable icon (and probably for everyone here) was to simply delete my diablo III launcer and Diablo III application in the diablo game folder. Then click the icon on the tastkbar, it will say the path doesnt exist anymore and asks u if u want to delete the icon.

Pressed yes and it was gone!

hope this helped some who sill have troubles

(btw i made a backup of those 2 files so i just put em back right after the icon was deleted, np)

This really helped me, thanks mate!
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]