Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Breakpoints?

In diablo 2 their are character breakpoints such as

Increase Attack Speed
Faster Cast Rast
Faster Run/Walk Speed
Faster Hit Recovery

How will this work in diablo 3?
when i was playing the beta i felt like i was already attacking super fast with no items
which was a BIGGGGG LET DOWN

someone please explain
Reply Quote
If you don't like it, don't play it!
Open your inventory > Stats > Advanced > Attacks Per second
The without weapon attacks per second is about 1.4
Reply Quote
18 Tauren Hunter
True that.
No one asked this on the forums.
Or atleast last 5 days, since when I check out the forums every day 20-30 times a day.

I guess there will be none.
You will just get more IAS = more dmg, no brake points.

p.p.I "guess" becouse there is no info about this so far.
Reply Quote
True that.
No one asked this on the forums.
Or atleast last 5 days, since when I check out the forums every day 20-30 times a day.

I guess there will be none.
You will just get more IAS = more dmg, no brake points.

p.p.I "guess" becouse there is no info about this so far.

haha that's because my account was allowed to just post today :)
i will be asking the REAL questions from now sir! no wow kiddys (hate incoming)
anyway
i hope there are more IAS stats, my lvl 13 monk was attacking faster then a frenzy barb with 100 ias and fanta aura so.. just seems kinda odd
Reply Quote
There IS increaased attack speed AND faster cast rate. (but since the later is now linked to your weapon's attack speed, it's one and the same).
How do you know there isn't gonna be the next two in later game difficulties? Also what's to say that you won't get 15%-20% bonuses of IAS in later tiers? And why not keep the 5% even in later tiers?? Now the stats/attributes will actually matter you'll just have to find an armor with your favorite stats.
More strength/intel/dexterity & less hits per second = bigger hits.
Less strength/intel/dexterity & more hits per second = more smaller hits.

EDIT: for example, strength for a barbarian is not just to allow him to wear gear anymore, it's actually helping his damages XD and decreases damage taken...
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 12/05/2012 06:54 BST
Reply Quote
There IS increaased attack speed AND faster cast rate. (but since the later is now linked to your weapon's attack speed, it's one and the same).
How do you know there isn't gonna be the next two in later game difficulties? Also what's to say that you won't get 15%-20% bonuses of IAS in later tiers? And why not keep the 5% even in later tiers?? Now the stats/attributes will actually matter you'll just have to find an armor with your favorite stats.
More strength/intel/dexterity & less hits per second = bigger hits.
Less strength/intel/dexterity & more hits per second = more smaller hits.

very true. gota wait for the game its self
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Breakpoints existed in D2 only because of character animations and the way the game actually "moved" at 25 FPS.
Modifiers like Increased Attack Speed, Faster Cast Rate etc. helped you reach certain amounts of said boosts (IAS, FC) which for example translated into (and what follows are not actual values): 224 IAS = 1 attack every 12 frames and 250 IAS = 1 attack every 11 frames.
Everything in between 224 IAS and 250 IAS didnt give you ANY benefit at all, that's why these values were called "breakpoints".

In D3 though there won't be such things as breakpoints, every bit of any modifier/stat will matter and will have some impact on your character's power.
Edited by Distorter#2502 on 12/05/2012 07:57 BST
Reply Quote
18 Tauren Hunter
EDIT: for example, strength for a barbarian is not just to allow him to wear gear anymore, it's actually helping his damages XD and decreases damage taken...

Strength wont have anything to do with wearing gear in D3.
You prooved how much you know.
Reply Quote

Increase Attack Speed
Faster Cast Rast
Faster Run/Walk Speed
Faster Hit Recovery

Increase attack speed = faster cast rate - No BPs for them
Faster run speed - Yes
Faster Hit Recovery - No stunlock after being hit, but there will probably be something like -X% for stun time.
Reply Quote
In diablo 2 their are character breakpoints such as

Increase Attack Speed
Faster Cast Rast
Faster Run/Walk Speed
Faster Hit Recovery

How will this work in diablo 3?
when i was playing the beta i felt like i was already attacking super fast with no items
which was a BIGGGGG LET DOWN

someone please explain

next time you play, just take a brake from each and one of your attacks, i think i ll it how it is ..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]