Diablo® III

Diablo 3 requires a newer operating system?

I know there's a million other threads like this, but they all give no information and just die out.

Right, so a quick run-over of stuff from dxdiag, I'm too tired to run around gathering anything else, unless you need it:
- Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)
- Processor: AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPU's), ~2.1GHz
- Memory: 2814MB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200

I've tried installing all of the Windows Updates and restarting. This fixed the MoP beta installer, since I had the same problem with that, but the Diablo 3 installed still isn't working. I've tried running it under different things, but my computer only has XP Pack 2, not 3 and it didn't work. I've also tried running it as admin and changing the install location.

I think it's stupid how the game completely blocks you from installing, even if you do have a bad OS. You've payed for the game, I don't see why you shouldn't at least be able to try... My computer runs plenty of games just fine. It's getting a little slow now because I need to delete a tonne of stuff, but I'll sort that soon.

I want to install Diablo 3, any help please?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I am getting a similar error, saying that my PC requires a newer operating system.

what exactly us this?
Reply Quote
I am getting a similar error, saying that my PC requires a newer operating system. what exactly us this?

I believe it means that you need to download the latest Service Pack for your Windows. You should be able to get this from Microsoft's page.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
thanks for the reply,

ofc i know what it means, its just that i dont get it.
my operating system (windows 7) is at the latest version.
Reply Quote
14/05/2012 17:49Posted by Mivo
I believe it means that you need to download the latest Service Pack for your Windows. You should be able to get this from Microsoft's page.

I don't think it is, I went on a huge update spree to get my Mists of Pandaria installer to work. Installing all of the updates made that work, but I'm still having problems with this and it's extremely frustrating.
Reply Quote
If you are receiving the 'PC requires a newer operating system' error you need to download at least service pack 2.

I had the exact same problem.

Each service pack runs kinda like a new version of windows, so the game requires the latest version.

You can do this by going to Start > Control Panel > Windows Updates and downloading the required files. It will require several restarts to get fully updated. As a rule of thumb you should do this on a weekly basis too keep your system up to date against horrible internet virus etc

EDIT

What error exactly are you getting?? I'm talking from a vista 32bit point of view i have no idea about XP
Edited by MadFool4#2433 on 14/05/2012 17:55 BST
Reply Quote
Ahh, that might be the problem. I just ran over everything again and I'm running on Service Pack 1. I'll try to download Pack 2 and tell you what happens from there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I fixed it
Gwyne, just get a new install client from your account in battle.net.

try to install using the fresh client, its solved mine.

hope this helps,
Reply Quote
I fixed it
Gwyne, just get a new install client from your account in battle.net.

try to install using the fresh client, its solved mine.

hope this helps,

I'll try that too whilst the service pack is downloading. :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
some print screens that worked for me:
http://diii.nl/site/?q=node/20

starting the install as xp vs3
Reply Quote
service pack 2 has never worked for my VISTA, according to google i'm not the only one.

sigh. only game so far i haven't been able to play.

bad blizz, bad.

where did i put my laptop, it has a worse graphics card, speed, ram... but hey at least it has service pack 2

-facepalm-

http://windowssecrets.com/known-issues/problems-confirmed-with-vista-service-pack-2/
Edited by deplorable#2813 on 14/05/2012 18:16 BST
Reply Quote
Right, I've installed Service Pack 2 and it's installing perfectly now!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay I have Windows Vista home basic SP2. I have tried the run as admin fix. I have deleted the battle.net file. I started with the fixed engEU client but I have used the download exe "check" my files. But it is still telling me my OS is too old. Any ideas, please....
Reply Quote
I had similiar problems no updating required just had to change the compatibility from Windows XP to Windows 7 under Properties ----> Compatibility. Hope this helps anyone else who was frusterated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Simply just restart your computer, it worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It wasent the fact that your computer did some updates when you restarted your computer then..
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hello,

Please see here regarding this issue:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4008461426?page=1#0

The steps there should hopefully help resolve this issue.
Reply Quote
once u download the 7.60gb from diablo-III-8370-enus-installer-downloader 7,165kb get the new client installer the new one is diablo-III-setup-enus 30.7mb login into your battle.net download game client again(30.7m then open new one not old installer when trying to actually install the game then, you will have to install the rest 8.1gb in another installer, using the 30.7mb one. 7.60gb+8.1gb for digital purchased copies. im currently downloading the 8.1gb lol O.o the game is 15.1gb and u have to download all of it Ninjagt~
Reply Quote
so my download crashed out a million times so i uninstalled and deleted all the stuff blizzard put on my computer and tried starting anew.
this time! well this time it says my operating system is too old! o.O
it wasn't before!!!
weeeee!!!
well anyway i checked for updates guess how many it found
NONE
WEEEE
Reply Quote
I have all updates installed win7 x64 SP1 but operating system is not new enough.
Secondary Logon enabled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]