Diablo® III

New Downloaders for English and German - Updated 14/05

(Locked)

Community
We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.

1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below

2. Point the download save at the same directory as before
The folder in question is your main game data folder. If you have the game downloaded to D:\Games\Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer, please point the download to D:\Games\.

Do not use the automatically generated folder containing the installation files (i.e. do not use the directory D:\Games\Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer as this is the one created by the downloader).

3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

New EU English Installer
New EU English Installer (Mac)
New German Installer
New German Installer (Mac)

For more information or help with the installation, check out the Diablo III Pre-Sale Downloader Walkthrough or use the search on the Battle.net support site.

Whether you repair your previous install or download the entire game again, it's necessary to use this new downloader to install and play the game when it launches.
Edited by Vaneras on 14/05/2012 09:05 BST
Well there are several problems you guys might already be aware of.

• 1. Getting stuck at 100%, not completing the installation, making the Diablo III Setup.exe corrupt.
  • 2. "Not authorized"
  • 3. Downloading the whole game again, even tho' it has been pointed to the right directory. (Or 3.7GB instead of 50MB)
  • ---

Right now I'm just dealing with the first issue.
    Yet I think that it's good that you guys update the installers before the 14th / 15th, so we can fix issues beforehand. So I'm thankful for that.

Regards,
    HypnotoadProductions

EDIT:
    The installer told me to redownload the whole game again as of some files were corrupted during the download. Oh well, I'm glad my internet is somewhat speedy.
    Edited by Hypnotoad#2356 on 12/05/2012 12:48 BST
    is possible to install the game if before if we are buying it as in retail version?
    after the update installer tome 1 & 2 have been modified ...but the folder is still 7.60 GB or 8,162,932,728 bytes ..is this correct?
    85 Troll Druid

• 1. Getting stuck at 100%, not completing the installation, making the Diablo III Setup.exe corrupt.
  • 2. "Not authorized"
  • 3. Downloading the whole game again, even tho' it has been pointed to the right directory. (Or 3.7GB instead of 50MB)
  • ---

Yet I think that it's good that you guys update the installers before the 14th / 15th, so we can fix issues beforehand. So I'm thankful for that.

Regards,
    HypnotoadProductions

EDIT:
    The installer told me to redownload the whole game again as of some files were corrupted during the download. Oh well, I'm glad my internet is somewhat speedy.

Same issue as you, getting stuck on 100% then setup.exe gets corrupt saying it can't find the directory or whatever. Trying to redownload the whole thing too as we speak.
    12/05/2012 12:55Posted by bOOm
    is possible to install the game if before if we are buying it as in retail version?

Of course. You can install the game at 07:01 London time ,14th

• 2. "Not authorized"
  • ---

Regards,
    HypnotoadProductions

EDIT:

My downloader got stuck at 100%, I waited 5 minutes and it was done...
    90 Worgen Druid
    I've been having some annoying issues with the download or the past two weeks. (Windows 7 Ultimate).

The first time I downloaded the live installer, while starting the Diablo 3 setup, it didn't go to the launcher. It started the Agent, popped up the "Diablo 3 Setup" window, and just closed again. While my friends said they got to the launcher just fine, it didn't happen for me.

So I decided to redownload it again yesterday, and today again after reading the blog entry. Now, after starting "Diablo 3 Setup" it got stuck on updating files in a loop over and over, till I finally manually closed it.

I did some searching and I came across a thread about this same issue during beta for others. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4511762211) Note, the beta worked just fine for me. I deleted and redownloaded the entire thing and it got stuck at 99%. Restarting the download and disabling p2p finally got me through to 100%.

But now, when running the setup, again I get stuck in an infinite loop during "Updating Setup Files". It says "Updatign Setup Files" roughly at 60%, stays like this till it jumps to roughly 70%. Message changes to "Launching Blizzard Launcher" and immediately reverts back to "Updatign Setup Files" at 60%, over and over.....

I tried both deleting and replacing Agent.db from my C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent as had been advised in the thread from beta, and that didn't fix it either.
    Edited by Mehrune#2729 on 12/05/2012 13:17 BST
    Community
    2. "Not authorized"

This error message means that you still have the old downloader. Please clear your cache and download the installer again.
    Edited by Xordiah on 12/05/2012 13:19 BST
    I downloaded the new installer and pointed the download to the folder containing "Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer". It checks the files up to 4gb and then just starts downloading everything, anyone knows what's wrong?

As I said I installed it in the folder CONTAINING the diablo-installer and not in the diablo-installer folder.
    Edited by Trippledo#2937 on 12/05/2012 13:23 BST
    What's the exact "Size on disk" when you got the files downloaded properly?

I'm fairly sure I got the latest download added and mine is at 8.162.967.552 bytes.
    90 Orc Warlock
    same mojo here..and no , its not fun.

ps> will you tell us how to fix the entire download thing? its gona take me like 3-4 days to download the game again.
    Edited by Mada#2334 on 12/05/2012 13:32 BST
    85 Blood Elf Mage
    I deleted the old downloader, got the new one and startet installing.
    I canceled the installation 2 times, because the target folder seemed wrong to me (didn't want to download all of it again).
    Now it seems to run right, my question:
    After all is done, is there any way to check, if the content is now ok? To make sure it will install when we are able too?
    Any files that should be in the new stuff?
    Alright so I redownloaded the whole game (again, for the second time today) and once again I'm stuck at:

"downloading Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer" at 100%
    it doesn't finish it. And I know that if I just exit right now I have to redownload the whole game again.

EDIT:

It seems that it can't finish Installer Tome 3.MPQE.part

EDIT2:

Okay so after about 30 minutes, after reaching 100%, the installer managed to finish the whole thing, now beeing able to install.
    So for all of you guys who are stuck at 100%: Just wait...just wait...
    Edited by Hypnotoad#2356 on 12/05/2012 13:38 BST
    I compiled a list of the more frequent issues with the setup and installer and posted it here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4008360977 It includes answers and possible solutions, too.
    Edited by Mivo#2900 on 13/05/2012 02:42 BST
    Apparently i downloaded the enUS version can i use that when D3 is launched in Europe ? I have an european battle.net account.
    Downloader just crashes over and over again for me.
    Tried running as admin, disabling AV software, the usual stuff but everytime it just memory dumps to the error folder and goes away without saying goodbye :(
    Edit: I think I fixed it and it now successfully verified 7.55 GB and is downloading 50 MB, as mentioned in the OP.
    Edited by Mivo#2900 on 12/05/2012 14:11 BST
    12/05/2012 13:40Posted by Mortok
    Apparently i downloaded the enUS version can i use that when D3 is launched in Europe ? I have an european battle.net account.

It's better to download the version for your region, otherwise you might not be able to play until 9AM CET (when the US servers launch).

Source:
    https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/199697102769631233

Hope that helped man.
    Remember: It's better to download it again now to prevent any future problems you might run into. Just to be safe.
    Edited by Hypnotoad#2356 on 12/05/2012 13:54 BST
    @hypnotoad Thanks, that confirms it. Downloading enGB version now :)
    This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]