Please note that this list focuses on the most commonly experienced issues and is by no means exhaustive. If you are experiencing an issue not mentioned below, please search our Diablo III Support Articles:
Error 3007 can be caused by connection instability. You may be able to work around this by joining General Chat in-game. Please also check our guide regarding this error:
This error is caused by the download being incomplete and terminated early. Please run the downloader again, and let it close automatically. Do not end the downloader manually.
You can also resolve this by navigating to your Diablo III installer folder (should be Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer), then removing the Installer Tome file that ends with .part. Run the downloader again after this, and allow the downloader to finish and close automatically.
Also, please make sure that you download the full game from our download page, not any external 3rd party source:
Other Error Numbers:
You can find a list of other common error numbers here:
Requires a newer Operating System:
First, please make sure your Operating System is up to date by either using the Windows Update utility found in the Control Panel or by visiting this site in Internet Explorer:
Some players have reported that on Windows Vista or 7, turning on the option Secondary Logon found in the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services can also resolve this issue.
If this issue persists, please contact us directly via ticket and include your MSInfo report. You can find a guide here:
This will allow us to look into this issue and forward these details on for further investigation.
- Very quickly entering, leaving, and switching chat channels over and over can cause a player from getting locked out of chat channels.
- It is possible for a friend to be on your friend's list with no name if that friend has a BattleTag but has never logged into Diablo III and is offline.
- Changing your account's Parental Controls while you are in Diablo III can disconnect you from Diablo III. Workaround: Exit Diablo III before changing Parental Controls.
- If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," the install won't proceed past 10%.
- The “Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings” is located in Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Connections.
- It is possible for your cinematics to stutter and not play well if you begin playing Diablo III immediately when reaching Yellow Data.
Workaround: Exit Diablo III and fully patch your game. Your cinematics should play fine then.
We are investigating issues related to 'stuttering' in-game, that should be addressed in a forthcoming update to the game. However we must stress that troubleshooting may resolve these issues and should be undertaken to ensure the game runs smoothly.
Please check this article:
There is a small chance that an item may drop more than once in a short frame of time. This will be addressed with a future update to the game client.