Diablo® III

Grey screen after pressing Play

90 Orc Warrior
Basically I open the launcher, I press the Play button, and all I can see is a grey Error window. No info or whatever, all I can do is to close the window, that's all.
Is there anything I can do to make the game start?
Thank you in advance
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hello,

Can you please check your graphics adapter drivers, and see if there's any updates:
http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/driver-updates
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thank you very much for your fast response, I'm going to check my drivers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I updated my graphic card drivers, and nothing changed.
As of yet I can't still play from my pc.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
When you start the launcher goto to options and hit the reset game preferences, this will then allow you to login correctly, this has to be done every time you login, ive not found a premanant solution yet... Hope this helps.

This is a fix for getting around the grey screen and has worked 100% for me.
Edited by Murixo#2252 on 15/05/2012 16:30 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
When i click play i get a black screen and a floating bubble saying "Input not supported" i updated my drivers to ATI Catalyst and installed the Catalyst hotfix but it still does the same thing. Anyone can help?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
15/05/2012 16:26Posted by Kearia
When i click play i get a black screen and a floating bubble saying "Input not supported" i updated my drivers to ATI Catalyst and installed the Catalyst hotfix but it still does the same thing. Anyone can help?

Sorry not come across this myself yet!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What Arcane said is not working for me, as I have the same gray screen problem, also with updated drivers from 10th of may.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I get a grey screen but after a few seconds it loads into the game.

Is this grey screen actually normal then? (not counting the freezing)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well we get a an error along with the screen... >.>
Reply Quote
Tried many things but I still get a grey screen with error(no # with it) .. anyone have an update? I did update my driver and my card is supported..
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
My buddy keeps getting this problem too. Updated drivers, tried arcanes trick but with no luck. Other ideas please? :-)
Reply Quote
I have the problem with the 'input not supported' too. I can play Rage/Bulletstorm/Mass Effect without any issues but this one gives me this message.

Usually it is a problem with the resolution..but because you can't change the resolution BEFORE you launch the game, you're screwed..
Edited by Neos#2254 on 15/05/2012 21:18 BST
Reply Quote
I just updated my video driver prior to installing the game and the install went perfectly normal and I am now getting this gray screen that says Error and no information associated with it...and I just tried lowering my resolution and the same thing happened but along with the gray error box ad windows boxed popped up saying "diablo 3 cannot run because this graphics card is missing required components."....but yet the graphics card has the latest update...
Reply Quote
Download went perfect. Press play=Grey Screen. Tried everything but to the point. I know I need to upgrade but what's more important. NVIDIA GeForce 260 or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz. I know the grey screen is a video problem but I'm not to good with computers and was hoping someone would know what's best. Thank you for time. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thank you Ärcane for trying to help; unfortunately your solution doesn't work for me either.
I feel sorry to read there are alot of people with the same issue, I hope someone will give us some explanation about it soon.
Reply Quote
Same problem here on a MacBook that meets all requirements (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OSX 10.7.4). The Diablo III Launcher tells me the game is up to date, but when I hit the PLAY button all I get is a dark screen, with a visible pointer arrow. All tricks mentioned so far didn't help me out. Anyone?
Reply Quote
It could be that your Graphics Card doesn't support DIII. Have you tried using http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx to see if you meet the minimum requirements?
Reply Quote
Having the same problem. I'm Using a geforce go 6150. Grey screen with an error but no number no nothing.... Running xp service pack 3.
Reply Quote
oh boy. im having the same problem aswell it wouldnt be so bad if i had some informationg to go along with the error but non. please post a fix if you find one!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]