Diablo® III

Corrupt file error?

Gonna confirm that deleting the corrupt file from the installer directory, downloaded the installer again and ran it as administrator. It downloaded a few things (I'm assuming the file in question) and it has fixed my issue. Game is ready to roll!
Reply Quote
Seems to work, just deleted the file and run the file again xD could run the game now only it says server maintenance hahaha well 1 hour plus more hours is it?
Reply Quote
Same error, deleted the "update" folder and all good again.
Now to fight everybody else trying to log in :S
Reply Quote
Deleted the file mentioned and run. Everything works smooth now.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
Deleted the file, and did what Bardo said, that worked for me!
Reply Quote
I found out you can fix this problem i was having the same issue. you need to physically go into your program files and delete diablo 3 and make sure before you re install the game you have the Diablo 3 beta deleted as well and you can rerun the install. hope that helps ya all out
Reply Quote
46 Goblin Hunter
i went in and removed all of these files from every folder and it re-downloaded and works.
Reply Quote
i tried remove thefiles and recycle bin aswell and i also ran it !@# admin but its still giving me a corrupt file error. any hints?
Reply Quote
When you open the Launcher, try to hit 'options', and then 'reset game preferences'; BEFORE the error window appears.
May The Force Be With you.

This was the solution to my problem.

I forgot to delete the corrupt file too... but it still worked.

Prior to it working i had made many attempts!
Reply Quote
I've done all of these things and all have failed me. </3

The corrupted file will continually reappear after the launcher looks for updates of course, resetting game preferences didn't work, disabling Peer to Peer didn't work, deleting and re-installing it all didn't work. Ran as admin and as myself in all situations, didn't work.

Advice?
Reply Quote
I've done all of these things and all have failed me. </3

The corrupted file will continually reappear after the launcher looks for updates of course, resetting game preferences didn't work, disabling Peer to Peer didn't work, deleting and re-installing it all didn't work. Ran as admin and as myself in all situations, didn't work.

Advice?

Same here. I was all excited about the game coming out for the longest time. Now, I'm starting to think I'm never going to get the chance to play. :( I've searched forums far and wide. I was going to suprise hubby tonight after he got off of work and have his Diablo III downloaded for him, too. /sigh.
Reply Quote
http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/d3-pod-retail/EU/8370.direct/Updates/d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ

Okay, what i did was went through program files + deleted the Diablo 3 Beta.
then i downloaded this *told to by blizzard* went into the diablo 3 directory, and deleted the old one... replaced it with the one in the link and done.
and it worked...
make sure you run the Diablo 3.exe as Admin after though.
:)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Got to around 50-60% or so, then I got an error saying:

ERROR: The File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Updates\d3-0-9558-Win-Final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.

The installer then closed down. I get this same error message every time I try to start it up again.

Any suggestions?

just let go again downloader, download files with missing parts. I had to let go about 10 times until it was ok and all three parts of the data files were complete ..
Reply Quote
Fix:

Get new downloader:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/New_Downloaders_for_English_and_German-12_05_2012#blog

Also,
If your connection is slow and you cannot access the router config, A workaround that i used was a VPN. My download time went for 50 hours to 4 hours. I use hotspot shield since its free.
Reply Quote
Just delete the corrupted file and run diablo 3 as administrator and it should fix the problem. At least it did the trick for me. :)
Reply Quote
Ok...I give up. I have the DVD version but I cannot come past the MPG-file-error at 69%. I have installed, uninstalled, downloaded the update, copied the file, deleted the file...I have done it all. A game should not be impossible to install...
Reply Quote
20 Goblin Hunter
same problem is here tryed anything ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]