Diablo® III

An unexected error has occurred while trying to install

70 Dwarf Paladin
After i've choosen where to install Diablo 3, i scroll down the terms and agrrement thingy then i click agree but after that i get a message saying "An unexpected error has occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact customer support"

What the hell?

How can i fix that? :/

Edit: if i then click on ok it just shuts down...
Edited by ChibiViking#2147 on 14/05/2012 17:03 BST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Try running your install as administrator, if this doesn't work throw your PC out of the window.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
bump!! same message for me.
tryed to run as admin didnt work
Reply Quote
download the installer from your account page and point it to the folder with the already downloaded stuff in it and you will be able to install.
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Paladin
14/05/2012 17:02Posted by Orsén
Try running your install as administrator, if this doesn't work throw your PC out of the window.

It didnt work :( the first part i mean, i will not throw my computer out the window xD
Reply Quote
Download new downloader from account profile. Copy your old setup file to desktop. And start download again with old file. It will download 50mb :) and will fix
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I had that, just reinstall the files, get them checked, then try again, worked after that.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same here....will reinstall the game (digitaly) and se...
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4008461526
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Paladin
14/05/2012 17:05Posted by ethis
download the installer from your account page and point it to the folder with the already downloaded stuff in it and you will be able to install.

Everyone do what this guy said! it worked for me :D
Reply Quote
I have recieved the same message. Unexpected error immmidiately after pressing agree button.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When you sat installer you mean the predownload gameclient right ?
Reply Quote
Posted by ethisdownload the installer from your account page and point it to the folder with the already downloaded stuff in it and you will be able to install.

It started to install......thank God
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
i have this problem not installed:(
Reply Quote
Installed succesfully
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
This works - do it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Still doesn't work for me..

I moved the installer to the folder i downloaded the stuff in but it does not work:(

Someone know what I can do?
Reply Quote
Some of the downloaders were faulty (German and EU English, I think), so if you are trying to get the German or EU English versions of the game, go get the new downloader (Via Game Clients Download), and then run the new file. That should download the last 50-odd megs and you should be able to install.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think you misunderstand Selku:

* Go to your Battle.net Account page
* Download the game client downloader again
* Run the downloader and it will ask you where you want to store the files. !Choose the original folder you initially downloaded the game to!

It will then check the 7GB of data you already have, update what is missing and successfully start the install.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]