Diablo® III

Error 3005

(Locked)

90 Orc Rogue
Einsteinium
85 Orc Rogue
Énigma
I just made it in for some reason.

No idea why, did nothing out of the ordenary, but it just allowed me in.

Were you continuously getting error 3005?

I have been getting the error combined with error 37 since midnight. Took at 5min break, came back, and it let me in no problem. Luck i guess.
85 Tauren Paladin
Hmmm, I have some IPSec VPN client software on mine which I've just stopping running via the system tray icon and it went past 3005.

I remember something about VPN connections in the troubleshooting but only during the install.

Anyway it's Forticlient Lite 4.x.

So maybe a smoking gun on my machine at least.

Showing "Connected to Battle.net Server" and it's sitting at "Authenticating Credentials..."

UPDATE: At the character creation screen now. :)
Edited by Darksfall#2499 on 15/05/2012 00:57 BST
1 Troll Priest
How can I easily check if I have something running, that might interrupt the launching of the game?

I'm not that good with computers.
This seems _SO_ random, one getting in out of nowhere another closing 1 random program and getting in...

What is this sorcery?!?!! :(((((

We are 3 ppl LAN, getting this error instantly.. Got error 37 or smth to begin with, like for 1 minutte.. then from there on and the past 2 hours have been 3005 - We have tried:
dns flush
reboot like hell
closing _EVERY_ program not needed
still nothing, and on teamspeak the other 10 guys are "OMG I JUST GOT A BLUE ITEM IM LEVEL 7 NOW" :/
90 Orc Rogue
Logging out to call it a night, and tried to log back in, and now i get the 3005 error again.

It's really strange, and seems completly random. Guess you have to be one of the lucky few to get through the loophole.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Hmmm, I have some IPSec VPN client software on mine which I've just stopping running via the system tray icon and it went past 3005.

I remember something about VPN connections in the troubleshooting but only during the install.

Showing "Connected to Battle.net Server" and it's sitting at "Authenticating Credentials..."

Just did the same, at Authenticating now, Forticlient seems guilty!
1 Troll Priest
I'm in as well. It was completely random and I did NOTHING to make it better. It just worked.
90 Worgen Death Knight
EDIT:
Am in now aswell, re-enabling Fortclient while playing, see what happens.

EDIT2:
Re-enabled, lost connection again.
Edited by Golzhul#2152 on 15/05/2012 01:07 BST
85 Tauren Paladin

OK definitely my VPN software, the 3005 error is repeatable if I load the software (but don't connect to VPN) and when shutdown... BADA BING... I'm in Diablo 3

Now to find out why Windowed Mode sucks as I can't resize it, what's with that? Another thread I guess.

OK definitely my VPN software, the 3005 error is repeatable if I load the software (but don't connect to VPN) and when shutdown... BADA BING... I'm in Diablo 3

Now to find out why Windowed Mode sucks as I can't resize it, what's with that? Another thread I guess.

But what about us that has none of those programs installed on our computers? -_-
85 Human Rogue
God damn, i guess i wont be playing D3 for a while then. Might aswell go to sleep
85 Tauren Paladin

But what about us that has none of those programs installed on our computers? -_-

Well this VPN software has basic Anti virus, anti malware and firewall abilities in it.

I disabled everything but VPN functionality previously but maybe the other components are still messing Diablo 3 up.

As I suspect these other components are from a 3rd party and not Fortinet check your AV, anti malware, intrusion detection/prevention or other security software.
We just got in, all 3 of us - just keep at it my friends, you'll get in eventually <3
85 Human Rogue
hmm.. I just got in :)
90 Undead Mage
Got this error too.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Any update for this error, waiting for 3 hours now
81 Dwarf Priest
Worked for me after a while
8 Blood Elf Hunter
seems to work when close frotinet client so any vpn remte softoware must close frome the servise to work diablo and to not have the error to login
85 Human Mage
15/05/2012 04:19Posted by Miltolas
seems to work when close frotinet client so any vpn remte softoware must close frome the servise to work diablo and to not have the error to login

That did the trick for me aswell :D
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]