Diablo® III

Fps drops

22/05/2012 09:11Posted by gttbr
GUUUUYS I HAVE A BIG NOTIVE TO ALL OF US! HAHAH Im so happy!!!!!!!! Change DisableTrilinearFiltering to '1' from '0' and HARDWARECLAS to 1, THIS FIX TOTALLY THE PROBLEM, HAHAHHA, Im so HAPPPPY!!!!!! =D VERY THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tried that and seemed to work , unfortunately fps drops came back for me.
DAY 7. Food supplies are gone, water is limited only blue can save us now
back up to the top with you

Throttle stop + HARDWARECLAS to 1

made the game semi playable at 1280X720 high settings - but not perfect by any means

core i7
ati hd 5850
4gig ram

With all the server issues, hacks, rmah, etc.. etc.. I don't see an offical fix coming anytime soon. First game I've bought on PC for a long time, won't make this mistake again.
The hardwareclass thing can be a solution. Now my fps is about 50-60.
88 Human Paladin
bump
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4209934141
have the same issue, my thread here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4077907838?page=1#6
German gaming site Computerbase also got aware of these hardware indepentend stutters. They even put that into their review:
[...]Darüber hinaus hat der Titel noch (unabhängig von der Grafikleistung) mit einem leichten Stottern beim Bewegen des Bildschirmausschnittes zu kämpfen, egal ob eine AMD- oder eine Nvidia-Grafikkarte genutzt wird.

Which translates into:
[...]Furthermore the game still has to fight with small stutters (regardless of the graphic power) while moving (scrolling). This happened with AMD boards as well as Nvidia boards.

Just Google for "diablo 3 stutter" and you get almost 180 000 results.

This obviously is a big issue.
I got my FPS stabilized, thanks to some tips I read here and there on the forums.

I'm on a:

Dell XPS 15
Core i7
8GB RAM
750GB 7200RPM HDD
nVidia GT540M 2GB
Latest non-beta nVidia drivers

Running the game currently at:

1920x1080
Texture detail High
Medium Shadows
Low Physics (though Physics on High is fine, too)
Clutter Density Off (because I hate walking around getting stuff)
Vsync on

at a very stable 40 or so FPS. It still drops a bit when I first spawn in somewhere new. or if I desync from battle.net and the game has to catch up to where the server says I should be, but that is bearable.

I changed my D3prefs.txt:

Hardware Class = 1
Disabletrilinearfiltering = 1

My global setting (screw that Optimus technology crap) is to prefer the GT540M , with pretty much default settings, except that maximum pre-rendered frames = 1.

I still get the feeling that my system can it push it much further, as the D3 engine really seems to be pretty damn unoptimized and has issues. I could drop the resolution, but I prefer to have a nice high resolution and a stable FPS, even if it's below 60.
Edited by Silav101#2198 on 22/05/2012 12:27 BST
Has anyone tried a complete clean re-install of Windows?

I know its drastic but at least it can eliminate outside influences, reasons....
90 Undead Warlock
FPS SOLUTION
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149537105

Just directing you all there, main solution for the moment is ThrottleStop. Seems to be working for almost everyone.

My fps went from 10-15 (regardless of resolution or settings) up to 40-50fps on highest resolution. Yes I still have some drops but its a HUGE difference. Hope it works for you as well. I'll check on that thread regularly to see if I can help with settings.

Good luck!
GUUUUYS I HAVE A BIG NOTIVE TO ALL OF US! HAHAH Im so happy!!!!!!!! Change DisableTrilinearFiltering to '1' from '0' and HARDWARECLAS to 1, THIS FIX TOTALLY THE PROBLEM, HAHAHHA, Im so HAPPPPY!!!!!! =D VERY THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tried that and seemed to work , unfortunately fps drops came back for me.

Then you must have something else .... people should stop assuming they all have the same problem just because they have similar symptoms, you guys have explained me 3 or 4 possible scenarios.

Scenario1: MicroStuttering And Fps Drop (both)
Scenario2: Light micrsotuttering only in battles
Scenario3: Super Duper mega stuttering unplayable omfg rage
Scenario4: Microstuttering across the whole application (menus + cinematics)
Scenario5: FPS Drop only, when hovering mouse over players, NPCs (a video was posted)
Edited by Stewox#1261 on 22/05/2012 13:25 BST
Has anyone tried a complete clean re-install of Windows?

I know its drastic but at least it can eliminate outside influences, reasons....

Yes. I did this. Clean install. From scratch. Same issue

Posted about it here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151719677#1
FPS SOLUTION

Just directing you all there, main solution for the moment is ThrottleStop. Seems to be working for almost everyone.

My fps went from 10-15 (regardless of resolution or settings) up to 40-50fps on highest resolution. Yes I still have some drops but its a HUGE difference. Hope it works for you as well. I'll check on that thread regularly to see if I can help with settings.

Good luck!

WHAHAHAHAHAHAH I LINKED THROTTLESTOP 30 PAGES AGO ANY EVERYONE TOOK ME AS A NUTJOB.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2090/ThrottleStop-4.00.html

Also check if you have bad drivers causing system delay: DPC Latency Checker
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Gamebooster does nothing, it may only fix if people have another program that's causing and those people usually have their PC very badly maintained ...

I know these issues are in the stupid laptop bios CPU settings and elsewhere, but i have a PC and good enoguh motherboard to mess with all the options, and i always knew power saving features are impractical and shoult all be disabled.

PC users can disable power-saving features in BIOS, but you can use throttlestop almost any computer.

Power Savign Features you always need to disable are:
C1E

If the below Stuff does nothing then it's not your fault, it might be hardware settings:
-game reinstall
-windows reinstall
-windows update
-driver update, reinstall, roll-back

If the above stuff does fix something:
-the problem was with YOUR PC and your programs and all the web!@#$
-only part of the problem was solved, yours, but genuine game bug might also remain.
Edited by Stewox#1261 on 22/05/2012 13:38 BST
FPS SOLUTION

Good luck!

Thank you sir! Will try this later.
I7 920 2.66GHz@2.67GHz
12GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz
2xNvidia GTX480 SLi
HT-Omega Claro Plus 7.1
Corsair Performance Pro SSD 60GB C:\ drive
Corsair Performance Pro SSD 128GB D:\Diablo3 installed
50/5Mpbs Internet line.

And the game lags so much. Unplayable! Response time from the server is so high.
Latency:1300-2300
I7 920 2.66GHz@2.67GHz
12GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz
2xNvidia GTX480 SLi
HT-Omega Claro Plus 7.1
Corsair Performance Pro SSD 60GB C:\ drive
Corsair Performance Pro SSD 128GB D:\Diablo3 installed
50/5Mpbs Internet line.

And the game lags so much. Unplayable! Response time from the server is so high.
Latency:1300-2300

latency problems don't go into this thread ...
FPS SOLUTION
PC users can disable power-saving features in BIOS, but you can use throttlestop almost any computer.

Power Savign Features you always need to disable are:
C1E

If the below Stuff does nothing then it's not your fault, it might be hardware settings:
-game reinstall
-windows reinstall
-windows update

If the above stuff does fix something:
-the problem was with YOUR PC and your programs and all the web!@#$
-only part of the problem was solved, yours, but genuine game bug might also remain.

Oh my hat. C1E is on in my BIOS on my PC. Wonder if this could be causing it? If it is I am going to be so happy to fix it.

-game reinstall
-windows reinstall
-windows update

Did all that. Didn't work. Much to my sadness that a full format did nothing. I even went as far as only having D3 installed when testing to make sure I had nothing else running in background after my format.
Edited by Raptor2022#2897 on 22/05/2012 13:55 BST
85 Human Death Knight
Bluepost please... 1417 posts and only 2 posts with useless help :|

Confirm if you are looking to fix this in the future please.
I refuse to use other softwares or tricks to get past an obvious engine error
Edited by Ztreek#2538 on 22/05/2012 14:27 BST
bump :(
This is getting annoying indeed. In tech support they said that this issue is not so big and not many ppl encountered it. Very funny. Very funny, indeed. Im out till this game will be playable. If i can run skyrim maxed out, im sure im able to run this !@#$ without any problems. Go and fix your engine already.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]