Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
And how this your "blizz-guarding" help to thousands people who have bought broken game ??
More than week is gone already. We need a petition to get blizzard attention or what? I mean what the hell is this? Some empty blue-posts with absolutely zero helpful info and hope. Call me bad, but i think this is biggest fail of the year.
Im getting lag where my sound repeats and everything freezes for a few seconds, it happens every 2-3 seconds. Has that got to do with the asset loading problem you guys are dealing with?
Ive got an xps 17", i7 2.20ghz, Gt 550M, 8 Gb Ram, windows 64 bit
I have also tried varius fixes and none of them proved to fixed random fps drops. I believe that of all the comments and suggestions, it seems to be a streaming problem (i have fps drops when cinematics are going on). There are no rules when they occur, it is very random.
I am afraid, only Blizzard can fix this.
Patch is needed.....
Ok now it is clear the game engine isnt well designed and not optimized at all.
I made all the tweaks mentioned in this thread:
All at the same time...
Well , from 30 fps max, im now at 100+ in closed areas (towns, houses, caves...)
But i still fall to 5-15 fps during big actions (4 players and huge mobs pack)
even when reducing my resolution (windowed)
I soon as my cpu temp reach 100° (aprox after 5 min of gaming) i can't beat 30 fps again, probably a built in heat protection
Usually play in windowed mode should let it go... but not in this game...
Im playing FPS much more beautiful than D3, with more particules and light effects. without perf issues.
Edited by JetJaguar#2678 on 23/05/2012 09:22 BST
@mike: No, vsynch is supposed to keep it at multiples or submultiples of 60 :)
So if you see 90, 120, 150 or 180, it's just about par. With frame overload, 30, 20, 15 are the lower end.
Edited by whereagles#2916 on 23/05/2012 10:37 BST
Ok I tried a few 'fixes' yesterday. The only one that seemed to make a difference is setting hardwareclass to '1'.
The game stutters considerably less, dont get me wrong there is still slowdown when fighting new enemies, in new locations etc. but it is not as pronounced or at least not as jumpy. I still feel that the game isnt using or is incorectlly using hardware resources for some reason.
Question for 3d gurus, what does hardwareclass '1' setting tell the game engine about our graphics card setup? For example my default setting is '4'. What exactly did that change?
Im serioulsy considering a new hard disk as the one in my PC is the oldest component on my setup, im not getting an SSD as they are pure overkill and are very very expensive. Any suggestion on what I should aim for? (Traditional HDD)
Edited by Jamezdin#1215 on 23/05/2012 11:14 BST
Holy cow , ThrottleStop is working! I get zero lag on a friggin laptop @ max settings! Blizz need to seriously check this out and fix the CPU issue, since this is definitely the source of problems.
1) I bought all the parts, and built my PC myself. I configured it, and I know what I did. Still, I'm experiencing the issues everyone else in here is having. I guess many more on this thread did the same as me. Try and act smart again, and come tell me who should I blame for this now.
2) Most of the companies you mentioned do have an english support, and many of them can actually speak english. Considering it's not their native language for the most part, they speak two languages, which is more than we can say about you. So stop acting like a kid saying "go tell them chinese to check their settings in and so on".
3) Considering almost everyone in here has a different setup, and considering A LOT of players of D3, I BET MY LEFT HAND, bought PCs the same exact way most guys in here did, aka getting an assembled somewhere, I wonder: were they really lucky, so the two thousand players posting here got the flawed settings machine while ALL the others who have the game working got their machines randomly optimally configured? I doubt so.
4) Elaborating more on point 1: I gave my old pc to my girlfriend. My old pc is LIGHT-YEARS slower than this, and they were built the exact same way: I ordered every piece, i assembled them and configured them. You know what? She can play JUST FINE, with no problems, with a PC that for most parts is between the minimum and the optimal system requirements. My pc, whose parts are ALL WAY above the optimal system requirements, CANT !@#$ING HANDLE IT.
5) This game has been presented in 2008. This is not a recent game, and you can tell this from a lot of things. Therefore, I don't expect to need a SUPER-DUPER configuration from my %^-*ing quad core sandy bridge @3.6 GHz to make it work flawlessly, considering a stupid DUO CORE E6600 is enough to make it work. If I can run BF3 or Skyrim or whatever at maximum settings, I'd expect to be able to do the same with this pathetic game coming from 2008 with a static pov simply because he requires less resources, and if my resources are enough for such games, they should be more than enough for this. Then, if the game is badly optimized for my system, thats another story, but at least I can blame Blizzard for that.
More than that, if the assembled systems of those stupid players you despised above can handle those games fine, I can't understand why is Diablo3 such a special rainbow that he taxes the system so hard so you need a flawless machine to get some decent performances.
6) If this is really a 3rd party issue, which i doubt, and Blizzard is so sure their game is flawless, then why cant they reply to all of these people and tell them "hey we found out its an issue with XYZ and we're working with them to resolve it" or "hey we're investigating on the issue but so far we didnt find any evidence this is depending on our coding". Instead, they remain silent.
7) Many of these issues were present during beta (stuttering, some forms of fps drops) and got reported by some players. Blizzard didnt deny they were there, and said "We are aware of those issues, this is due to an unpolished beta client and they will be fixed in the retail version". So now you're telling me that those problems are still there, but MAGICALLY its someone else's fault?
I'm sorry, but I can't see any other reason than "Blizzard didn't optimize the game at all" - which, for high end specs, was the same !@#$ they did for SC2. The game was perfect at mid settings (let alone the lack of AA which was just... terrible), but once you tried to increase the details, or heaven forbid to force AA from your drivers, it would just slowdown and get choppy, no matter what hardware were you using. Problem reported in A LOT of posts in tech forums, specialist reviews and so on. Oops, I did it again?
Oh, and for last: "this spreads negativity for no reason". This is the tech support forum, in case you didnt notice. People are here to ask why things arent working, and why they can't get an answer. This is D3 forum, a BLIZZARD game, therefore people are here to ask BLIZZARD whats wrong. If you wanted some joy, hello kitty forum is over there --->
Edited by Tholomeus#2234 on 23/05/2012 11:50 BST
Just to add myself to the Many :)
My frame rates are a constant 59-60 with vsync enabled, so no problem there. However, I also get random freezes from a sudden FR drop and the odd bit of stuttering here and there. The freezes only last about a second or two, but that's all you need to die! The problem is there for sure, I've tried every suggestion that I've seen in various threads, I've tried the "Blue" forum suggestions - all drivers up to date etc etc.
There are so many threads about this same problem that it seems undeniable, Hopefully Blizz will find and address this problem. Fingers crossed!
Cpu: I7-2600k 3.40 GHz
Ram: Corsair 16GB PC3-12800 1600 MHz (4x4GB)
Graphics: Gainward Geforce 580 GTX
Edited by Ramage#2979 on 23/05/2012 12:56 BST
I'm on a laptop, Alienware M11x, and I've been trying to optimize my settings for days now.
I've disassembled my entire laptop and cleaned the fan and the areas around it. I've got a fresh factory image installed with the newest drives for my videocard and I've tried all sorts of monitor programs and performance enhancing software, including ThrottleStop.
My pc is faster than ever and it's working overall better too BUT I can't for the love of god get diablo to stop these random fps drops. I run at 90-100 fps when in town, 60 when fighting mobs, but when ever I use a skill or a new mob appears it drops down to 5, 9 or 15.
WTF blizzard? Can't you guys fix this? Isn't this the second millenium, 12 years in?
Also I've got soo many friends that report laptop overheating when playing Diablo 3 and the funny part is that when they switch from their brand new laptops and install it on an old box running xp with a bunch of old hardware components, it works soo much better!
Explain to your customers what is wrong with the new software they bought from you! We want answers!
i made a ticket with all these forum links about this issue and this is the answer:
Thank you for contacting us regarding your FPS issue.
First of all, please accept our apologies for the long time this took to look into your problem.
We are extremely busy with the current promotions but please be assured we are doing our best to solve your issue as fast as we can.
In such cases please try to disable Catalyst A.I. and update your drivers.
Also try launching the game in a fullscreen windowed mode.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
Me and and a lot of other players can't play because of very high latency and they don't recognize that problem as well, so i asked for a refund and got it today!
If we don't do anything besides complain, these companies will continue to behave like this. If this was another type of product people would have already asked for refunds, but since gamers aren't that demanding and put up with everything for a game we get the answer for the behaviour we have. Check this thread - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4211041559?page=74
What i still do wonder is... is Blizzard mocking us and ignoring the MOST annoying problem and technical flaw the game has? I am 2 days away from asking a refund and most of my friends are in the same situation. If this is not solved until the end of this week, i will get a refund, one way or another.
ALSO, why the F isn't this a matter of concern in the "Known Technical Issues" stickied thread of Blizzard? Quite stupid of them, isn't it? Stop freaking ignoring this 75 page, 1.5k+ posts thread and do something about it and tell us what r you doing about it. I demand an answer as a customer who helps pay your salaries.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.