Diablo® III

Fps drops

Same problem..

AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz, 4GB ram, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series 2,8GB
Same problem, and at points literally unplayable(noticed it mostly in Act 3 while moving through fortress): i7-950, 12GB ram, GTX580, OCZ Vertex 3 120gb

edit: currently on nvidia's most recent 301.42 driver.
Edited by Savij#1609 on 24/05/2012 17:57 BST
So I've become a super computer tuner since diablo 3 came out, heres how I got my LAPTOP - With ATI hd 5850 - core I7 to run the game high settings, 1080 res, just about

I had to to set hardwearclass to 1 in d3prefs (anything else will result in stutter)

I had to disable CPU parking on my CPU guide here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3u9eiskM4

I had to get throttlestop, put max multiplyer on and turn the thing on

I have to play in full screen windowed mode ( doubles FPS)

Vsync on

Max forground/background fps off

I'm going to try MSI tuner or what ever it's called tonight to see if I can stablise the FPS flicker even further by setting max fps to 55 in there

This gave me the best result so far, and I've tried everything

Lets hope the patch next weeks means I can just fricking play the game without all this rubbish
100 Human Paladin
bump
Guys,
this other thread solved it for me. I had MASSIVE spikes, even when I was in the menus at times too...

It seems to have something to do with loading assets, even though it has been ruled out a couple of times. I have a Asus G73 (i7, 6gb RAM, 1,5GB 460M with a hybrid SSD/Mechanical disk) and I still had spikes from 60 fps to 1 or 0. The fix is to install the MPQ-files to an USB/Flash device using this post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443

Thank you Edstroyer for this, you saved me from going bananas over this problem after trying everything else :)
Same problem.. Lagging like a boss when I kill massive of monsters.. I'm getting pretty hard spikes.. Annoying.. Blizzard, fix.. :)
As i said before all those tricks just hide the real problem and they dont resolve nothing! From what i have seen, all those adicional adjustment are helping only to people with powerful systems by increasing artificialy their framrates to a point where the drops are not that visible in gameplay, but they are still there, just above the fps limit which the eye can catch. With middle class GPU you cant increse that much the fps and the problem is still visible. From the streams i have seen and the smooth gamplay they show on someone pc, my ati mobility 5650 with 1gb of ram just cant achive on low settings which is lame, but not for me who bought a game and checked the system requierments on the box to verify that it should go well.

Gratz for blizzard for selling 6,5 milion copies of the game, i just regred for being part of it..
I dont think it is CPU related.
It seems to be more related to:
- hard drive (acess speed and load stream)
- asset loading
- v-sync

Just my opionion based on everything noted in stuttering related topics.

Yeah people must understand that it's mainly the assets loading that is the real issue, and that's because of the hard drive. Of course everyone doesn't have this problem, but as I said, this is the most common problem.

I really hope Blizzard fixes this. But I will also buy a new hard drive to see if it works, anyone have a good hard drive that works without assets loading problems? Some tips would be nice :)
Edited by Oskiiz#2583 on 24/05/2012 21:06 BST
Guys,
this other thread solved it for me. I had MASSIVE spikes, even when I was in the menus at times too...

It seems to have something to do with loading assets, even though it has been ruled out a couple of times. I have a Asus G73 (i7, 6gb RAM, 1,5GB 460M with a hybrid SSD/Mechanical disk) and I still had spikes from 60 fps to 1 or 0. The fix is to install the MPQ-files to an USB/Flash device using this post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443

Thank you Edstroyer for this, you saved me from going bananas over this problem after trying everything else :)

Wow, I can't belive but it works for me. Thank you.
what worked for me:

Copy whole diablo folder and paste into any usb 2.0 flash drive 16 gb.
Run game from flash drive = Fixes Loading Asset Issue

Dled Msi Afterburner and made profile for diablo 3 to limit fps at constant 60 fps.
Msi Afterburner fix = No more Sudden random fps drops when walking around or fighting monsters. (sometimes fps would go to triple digits then spike down to lower double digits, even when walking around with nothing going on screen.)

these 2 things allowed me to run diablo 3 on

Max Graphics settings, everything set on high, anti alias on, vsync on, letterbox off, resolution 1680-1050 and believe it or not, sound channel at high.
Most importantly a rock solid 60 fps experience.

Hope this helps some.

note: changing core affinity on some computers yield some improvement. I changed mine to to run 0,2,4,6. I did this but I didn't see any improvement if any, but I will just add that in case this might be the secret ingredient.
Edited by Exia#1466 on 24/05/2012 21:41 BST
This is my first Blizzard game. It will be my last. I have seen some hysterically bad game launches over the years but the Diablo 3 launch is in a whole new league. The same issues that plagued the beta are exactly the same issues.

i7 2700K @4.8
2X GTX 580's
8gb RAM

Stutter, stutter, stutter, fps drop, stutter, fps drop. Latency to the European servers over 200ms. And no acknowledgment of the issue from the developers, sure we will spend another week trying to fix the imaginary problems we all have..because we know by now Blizzard will do nothing about it.

Last money they will ever see from me.
hey I watched the credits, it looks like you guys have a million people working on this game. Plz get a few of them to fix this issue so I can play, remember you said it would be fixed before Release and its after release and its not fixed so you are a liar... Reminds me of a certain lesser evil thats for sure
Update: a few seconds after my previous post and Im still having issues, what gives? Please send me a 16gb usb flashdrive so I can fix game : ) You know my billing address its the same as shipping!!!
Wow! This game is awesome!

Having said that, I cant progress anymore because the FPS drops random to 0 when fighting.

You let players exploit inferno, then patch it to become "impossible". Meanwhile 80% of your customers can't even play the game.

Why do you release a game that is unpolished like a Alpha version?

CANT WAIT FOR REAL MONEY ON AUCTION HOUSE THOUGH

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WITH A RELATED PROBLEM???
Over a week, and almost 60 pages of complaints on a singular issue, and blizzard are still denying it? Despite people far smarter than their tech guys doing all the hard work for them they wont even admit theres an issue?

I love diablo, and this FPS drop has made my game unplayable, very poor show from blizzard tech.
Edited by Coord#2484 on 24/05/2012 22:34 BST
I dont think it is CPU related.
It seems to be more related to:
- hard drive (acess speed and load stream)
- asset loading
- v-sync

Just my opionion based on everything noted in stuttering related topics.

Yeah people must understand that it's mainly the assets loading that is the real issue, and that's because of the hard drive. Of course everyone doesn't have this problem, but as I said, this is the most common problem.

I really hope Blizzard fixes this. But I will also buy a new hard drive to see if it works, anyone have a good hard drive that works without assets loading problems? Some tips would be nice :)

It has not to do with the hard drives per se, my guess is that it has to do with a highly inefficient filestructure/shady compression/broken fetch command in, or related to, the MPQs or something like that. I cannot believe that this has not been better tested at Blizz. I am amazed how poorly optimized this game is.

what worked for me:

Copy whole diablo folder and paste into any usb 2.0 flash drive 16 gb.
Run game from flash drive = Fixes Loading Asset Issue

Dled Msi Afterburner and made profile for diablo 3 to limit fps at constant 60 fps.
Msi Afterburner fix = No more Sudden random fps drops when walking around or fighting monsters. (sometimes fps would go to triple digits then spike down to lower double digits, even when walking around with nothing going on screen.)

these 2 things allowed me to run diablo 3 on

Max Graphics settings, everything set on high, anti alias on, vsync on, letterbox off, resolution 1680-1050 and believe it or not, sound channel at high.
Most importantly a rock solid 60 fps experience.

Hope this helps some.

note: changing core affinity on some computers yield some improvement. I changed mine to to run 0,2,4,6. I did this but I didn't see any improvement if any, but I will just add that in case this might be the secret ingredient.

In the end, that is what I did too. Instead of making links to the MPQs I just put all of the included files and folders from program files(x86)/diablo3 into a 16gb (no 8 gb is approx 200mb short of space) thumbdrive and voila! Good to go at full graphics, sound and physics on a Asus G73jw! If you had freeze lags, like I had, this is the only viable solution. Trust me, I tried it all.
Edited by Zindul#1482 on 24/05/2012 22:50 BST
90 Night Elf Death Knight
BUMP
Hello! I had like 40 fps with stuttering, but then i tried changing the setting HardwareClass in the d3prefs.txt file to "1" (was 4). Now i got a stable 60 fps. Try it, worked for me. I've got a gt 540m card.

Tried this... helped a little xD

#edit
A LOT!!!
Edited by DrMad#2373 on 25/05/2012 01:39 BST
I copied Diablo 3 folder to my SSD which i currently use for OS.
All stuttering went away ;)
I had the input lag/tuddering problem after playing some hours, untill game became unplayable.

Running radio in the background seems to solve the problem.
Thank you Souldier

Using win 7, ATI Radeon 5650
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]