- Blizzard warned us about this happening, they told us clearly to expect to keep relogging and they will slowly allow people on. And they did, loads of us got on slowly, others had to wait. We were warned.
- Blizz actually would have been heroes to allow this launch to go smooth, but I thought carefully and realised it would be a huge waste of effort and cost. I've done server and internet studies, so I know how much work they'd have to put in to support this huge fanbase on release day effortlessly. But then it would be only useful for a few days, after the extra server "support" and infrastructure would be useless for the rest of D3's history... when they could spend all this money on proper server structure and gameplay and such. It just made me think how it would have been a bit silly to make a decision to spend loads of effort, money, and infrastructure to make it work for RELEASE DAY ONLY. This cost/effort has gone elsewhere, and I'm actually thankful for it, as this log in problem will pass, however an over worse product won't.
- There's just too much of us - look at Call of Duty Elite online service and loads of other MMOs and such, they all had problems on launch day. It's an INSULT if there isn't- it probably means you don't have enough hype and fans. BUT LOOK AT US GUYS! We're blizzard fan boys and there are soooo many of us, plus they have set up so many ways for us to be ready when servers go live, that everyone was prepared - which bring me to the next point:
- Everyone that was waiting for D3 launch is logging in at the same time. Again like point 1, there will be in no way, that there will be another day, where thousands and thousands of people are going to log in at one particular time - it would be silly to spend loads just to improve servers and stability for this one instance. Again, I'm really glad they spend the time and cost on other things, otherwise we would probably have had a later release date, which would make it worse than waiting for servers to fix completely now.
- I think people that have given Diablo 3 below a 4/10 on Metacritic are ridiculous - I've skimmed through most and they are 99% because servers aren't letting them in and isn't stable, or that "D3 is an online and why can't I play offline see what's happening to servers". WTF? The point of a review is what the game is like, ONCE YOU FINISHED IT OR PLAYED A GREAT PORTION OF IT. How can you score it based on not getting into the game at all?! We are being too mean to blizzard, and I feel kind of bad now
Still, overall, I'm pissed at Blizzard and they should have done more, but like I said, it was expected, they warned us, it would have been too costly for a one-time thing to stabilize servers for release day, and we are being a bit too harsh.
After all, we know we are blizzard's fans and we are in huge numbers that blizzard can't imagine - it'd be stupid if they could easily contain us with such a massive game launch after this many years of anticipation.