Diablo® III

My hero is gone ?

Hi Blizzard , i just wanted to tell you that my hero is gone ... today i logged in after 4 hours of play and now i log in and the game gets me directly to char. creation scene o-O. Can you help me somehow ?
Reply Quote
Im getting the same.....im guessing there servers are still messing up.....
Reply Quote
there's another thread that someone else opened... apparently there's some mass bug with this thing.. my lvl 14 DH is gone aswell...
Reply Quote
I have the same problem, I played for 2 and a half hours today, without logging out and got disconnected. After I logged back in, I could not see my character.
Reply Quote
I just hope that my hero is't lost and the data is still saved somewhere inside blizzards servers... i's a shame we can't contact them directly...
Reply Quote
Guys, request this thread to be stickied so this gets more visibility. Imagine if somebody spent money on RMAH and lost their character...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
http://twitter.com/#!/bashiok

Mutch better than blizzards own twitter.
my man bashiok will keep you uppdating with this issue and all other.
Edited by Polleydude#2370 on 15/05/2012 21:52 BST
Reply Quote
did you guys changed the servers while the game was down? cause i changed from the Europe to the Americans and my hero wasn't there but when i switched back to Europe i could play it again...
Reply Quote
i only managed to get to level 6 due to being busy in RL but i couldnt get back in.....been trying to log in for the past 30 minutes and now my character has disapeared....
Reply Quote
none of us chaced the server i think.. not in my case thats for sure... but stil my char is on americas.... wtf did blizzard do in the past 2 hours ? i logged in on europe and coulth play my char, then after an hour or so i logged in again and it what chainced to a americas
Reply Quote
yup, apparently i made my characters on America server too ....pretty sure mine was set on europe though....
Reply Quote
I thought that the characters you created were tied to your battle.net account and as to allow for global play, that if you changed servers your characters would follow but sadly this is not the case. I find this to be a major oversight and people will not want to play on other servers with people unless their character is able to transfer across. what do you all think of this issue
Reply Quote
i think you are right. This is a really good idea to be able to have this option, just thinking of it brings a smile on my face. Would be good if Blizz could do something like this :)
Reply Quote
PrinGle
I thought that the characters you created were tied to your battle.net account and as to allow for global play, that if you changed servers your characters would follow but sadly this is not the case. I find this to be a major oversight and people will not want to play on other servers with people unless their character is able to transfer across. what do you all think of this issue

Completely agree there now I can't play with my American friends because I have European friends as well... Really sucks big time Blizz really try to do something with this!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mine showed as gone, see http://i.imgur.com/oLb5N.jpg

... but showed as visible under "Switch Hero"

After selecting, he was still not there - but clicking "Resume Game" worked fine, and logged me in with him.

Also, the game said I don't have a profile.

Logged back out to the character screen - hero is there, and I have a profile again!
Reply Quote
The same thing happened to me, i SPECIFICALLY changed the server to Europe and then after i got dc-ed the hero was in America... Is there a chance we can get it transfer it... so i didn't waste 9 hours of my life ?
Reply Quote
From what i can see you start on the Americas server and have to go in and change to Europe to play that server. anyone who just jumped in and started to play will have lost there char (basically) when the switch to play with there mates
So in response to Kampder92 above its not a case of transferring "back" they never moved
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]