Diablo® III

Any featuers updates ingame wil be realesed?

40 Blood Elf Rogue
I wonder if thats how the game is and there will be no more?
Or maybe blizzard will realese some new content and classes and such,what do you guys say?
Reply Quote
I say, yes
Reply Quote
New classes? Maybe via an expansion (Diablo 2 did the same)
Content? I'd say, definitely. They did it in Diablo 2 (World Events, Ueber Andariel/Duriel/Meph/Diablo etc), I'm pretty sure stuff will be added with future patches
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Rogue
ow crap,if expansion comes out will have to waste more money XD
Reply Quote
Community
It’s important to understand that Diablo is not World of Warcraft, meaning that there will be no major content patches with new dungeons, or bosses, or enemies. We have plans on patching in PvP of course, but in general the only ‘content’ we would patch in would most likely just be new items.

Diablo III will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.

The purpose of the randomized dungeons and items in any Diablo game is to provide an endless amount out of content right out of the box.
Reply Quote
Because we are not paying a monthly subscription, Blizzard have no compulsion to add anything extra in for free as there would not be much in it for them I guess.

However, I'm liking the game, and if new stuff in terms of levels, locations, gear, quests etc, was made available at a later date, say for £10 per DLC, then I would probably be happy to pay.
Reply Quote
mmm...do i buy it or not.. wondering..
Reply Quote
Not much difference between this and the torchlight series then...... apart from the 10 years development and the ability to sell items to other players
Reply Quote
Or maybe blizzard will realese some new content and classes and such,what do you guys say?

There will be new content in the future, Blizzard will not admit to it at this point, but every Diablo game to date has had an expansion pack. The typical contents of a Diablo expansion is limited additional story content, items, character class.

It is of course a little too early to start wondering about new content of course. The game has been out for less than 24 hours and therefore you have experienced no more than 25% of the available content at best and this number is most likely closer to 10% or lower.

As mentioned, this isn't a game you subscribe to, you pay no monthly fee to Blizzard and Blizzard are not obliged to provide anything extra for free.
Reply Quote
It’s important to understand that Diablo is not World of Warcraft, meaning that there will be no major content patches with new dungeons, or bosses, or enemies. We have plans on patching in PvP of course, but in general the only ‘content’ we would patch in would most likely just be new items.

Diablo III will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.

The purpose of the randomized dungeons and items in any Diablo game is to provide an endless amount out of content right out of the box.

I hope this is just a very conservative answer, and does not mean that there is no chance of any expansion pack content. That would be disappointing.
Reply Quote
Me gusta
Reply Quote

There will be new content in the future, Blizzard will not admit to it at this point, but every Diablo game to date has had an expansion pack.

Only diablo 2 had expansion.
Hellfire for D1 was a mod made by Sierra
Reply Quote
I just bought this and am now installing, but I hope that by saying that there will be no further content they mean excluding dlc's and expansions, because surely that would be appreciated!
Reply Quote
I'm guessing at this point I might as well let this picture pop up again. This product slate has been fairly accurate even down to the dates up to now. Obviously a few of the more recent products have slipped a bit, but that is par for the course for a company that prides itself on high quality.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/november/blizzardslate.jpg

This slate states there will be two Diablo 3 expansions. I would expect at least one.

15/05/2012 15:19Posted by Bertu
I just bought this and am now installing, but I hope that by saying that there will be no further content they mean excluding dlc's and expansions, because surely that would be appreciated!

By no further content, they mean no frequent patch based content. As per Vaneras's very diplomatically worded post above;

15/05/2012 13:43Posted by Vaneras

This means that Diablo 3 will have no further content short of a few tweaks, balancing, and obviously the PvP functionality which was intended for the original release but individually delayed to ensure that it could meet Blizzard's high standards.

Diablo 3 will have no more content does not mean there will be no more content for Diablo 3.
Edited by Synaesthesia#2141 on 15/05/2012 15:27 BST
Reply Quote
So just because there is no monthly subscription they're not releasing any content updates? Wow...

Atleast make an expansion or something, i'm sure people would like to pay for more content.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
15/05/2012 15:29Posted by Rancor
So just because there is no monthly subscription they're not releasing any content updates? Wow..

It's not an MMO dude...most games don't release content updates.
Reply Quote
So just because there is no monthly subscription they're not releasing any content updates? Wow...

Atleast make an expansion or something, i'm sure people would like to pay for more content.

There will be expansions in the future more than likely.

But you can't expect something for nothing.

Blizzard would gain nothing from releasing free content. It will only be balance issues and bug fixes and tweeks. Maybe some weapons added in but thats about it.
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Hunter
For sure there is an expansion in the works.
I am willing to bet money on this.
Reply Quote
So just because there is no monthly subscription they're not releasing any content updates? Wow..

It's not an MMO dude...most games don't release content updates.

Oh man really? I know most MAINSTREAM games don't release content updates and when in my post did i say the content updates have to be free? I said atleast release some content updates or an expansion that cost something, i'm sure people would like to buy those.
Edited by Rancor#2247 on 15/05/2012 15:45 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]