Diablo® III

Any featuers updates ingame wil be realesed?

15/05/2012 15:24Posted by Synaesthesia
Diablo 3 will have no more content does not mean there will be no more content for Diablo 3.

O RLY?
Reply Quote
I struck at "Updating setup files" for 10 hours but some of my friends only take 20 minutes to complete the installation, can anyone tell me how to fix my issue? pls
Reply Quote
The random dungeon mechanic is very cool, but to say this isn't WOW, there will be no content patches is basically saying 'You are not paying monthly so we are not giving you anything else'
D2 LOD was awesome so lets hope we get something like that, probably be a few years though.....
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
It’s important to understand that Diablo is not World of Warcraft, meaning that there will be no major content patches with new dungeons, or bosses, or enemies. We have plans on patching in PvP of course, but in general the only ‘content’ we would patch in would most likely just be new items.

Diablo III will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.

The purpose of the randomized dungeons and items in any Diablo game is to provide an endless amount out of content right out of the box.

So you are basically saying that there wont even be expansions to D3? not even one? Well that sucks!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
It’s important to understand that Diablo is not World of Warcraft, meaning that there will be no major content patches with new dungeons, or bosses, or enemies. We have plans on patching in PvP of course, but in general the only ‘content’ we would patch in would most likely just be new items.

Diablo III will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.

The purpose of the randomized dungeons and items in any Diablo game is to provide an endless amount out of content right out of the box.

Diablo II is half as old as me, so it's unfair to compare it to a days old-game like Diablo III, but the former has set a precedence for a lot of relatively large updates applied to it over its lifespan, not counting the expansion pack.
Reply Quote
I think what they are trying to say is that there wont be any new (free) content released in the patches 1.1, 1.2, etc but of course there will be an expansion to D3 but that will be separate content which you will have to pay to see.
Reply Quote
Community
I hope this is just a very conservative answer, and does not mean that there is no chance of any expansion pack content. That would be disappointing.

I was purely talking about content patches in my previous post.

If we ever release expansion packs for Diablo III, they will of course feature new content :-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Would you at least try out the game before asking for patches, updates, expansion.. come on, do all have to be so "i-buy-it-but-i-hate-it"...

<-- lvl 17 barbarian, and i love it.... chill with it, or leave it.
Edited by kredesREAL#2197 on 15/05/2012 16:30 BST
Reply Quote
15/05/2012 14:44Posted by Starfire
Not much difference between this and the torchlight series then...... apart from the 10 years development and the ability to sell items to other players

Well, there's really not. However one major difference is taste; I absolutely loathe Torchlight for it's "art" style which looks like something form Cartoon Network. Diablo III keeps a perfect balance between realism and stylization in art work imo.
Reply Quote

That, my friend, is not completely the truth, is it?
There is plans for expansion like there was for Diablo II, right?
Those expansion may or may not incl new storyline etc.

so its not completely true, is it?
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock

You should read all blue posts before assuming something.
Anyway, I agree that as most of us haven't played the game for more then a few hours asking for content patches is a... bit early.
Reply Quote
Diablo III will soon be forgotten to WoW
Reply Quote

You should read all blue posts before assuming something.
Anyway, I agree that as most of us haven't played the game for more then a few hours asking for content patches is a... bit early.

I was still typing that as he responded, sorry....
Reply Quote
15/05/2012 15:49Posted by DaRkArChOn
I struck at "Updating setup files" for 10 hours but some of my friends only take 20 minutes to complete the installation, can anyone tell me how to fix my issue? pls

close the installer, open the downloader again and let it verify the data is all there and in order, then try installing again, worked for me.
Reply Quote
Anyone else feels like D3 is just a blizzard quality polished torchlight??There is no depth to character development and the game looks like a pure platform game with skill unlocks and some good story..
I dont think Diablo3 needs more content..it probably needs a revamp to a more crpg feeling..In the state it launched it seems to be oriented for the famous item grinding on battlenet and just that..
I wonder how the hell someone can call a game diablo 3,without runes/gems/stat handing/skill leveling..You can't even sprint anymore..
I believe that if this game left as it is with its mechanics,people will go back to diablo 2 once they finish the story and dont intent to grind items on battlenet.
Sad outcome in the end..
Reply Quote
I prefer that 'free content patches' be something small, left for later in the life of the game, like the Pandemonium events.

Before that, expansions would do. If you want the content, you pay for it, that way we make sure they have a good reason to make content, the more people buys the new chapters.

Excepting seasonal events like Winter, new year, halloween, etc.
Those are cool when they get added between expansions.

And when the devs will no longer add anything else to it and the game is old enough, it's time to open the user content Pandora box, and let modders take over.
Reply Quote
No diablo may not go dlc style or they will lose all respect.
They will make an expancion pack ore lose all respect previusly had.
esspecialy after a failed launch
Reply Quote
I'm guessing at this point I might as well let this picture pop up again. This product slate has been fairly accurate even down to the dates up to now. Obviously a few of the more recent products have slipped a bit, but that is par for the course for a company that prides itself on high quality.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/november/blizzardslate.jpg

This slate states there will be two Diablo 3 expansions. I would expect at least one.

Did you also read what is on the bottom of that slate?

This is not a official announcement, a kitten wil die, each time you use it as fact, or post about it on official forums

Every body can see that the time slots are not correct (D3 supposed to be released in 2011). I know that blizzard wanted to release D3 at that time but everybody knows here that if it is not official placed, it is subject to chance. And it will be done, when its done!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

that you cant access... way to be.. way to be
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]