Diablo® III

vsync not stable @60 fps (nvidia)

running d3 on a gtx570 with the latest beta 301.24 driver, adaptive vsync is turned off, vsync set to application controlled, and vsync turned ON ingame

the problem is the fps aint stable at 60 fps, it flickers really fast between 59-61 and every 2 seconds when i move the character it pops up to 122 to 124 for about half a sec making the screen tear a little wich really shouldnt be happening

this happens if i turn off vsync ingame and use nvidias own vsync also.

if i turn vsync completely off the fps flickers REALLY fast between 60-70 and every few secs jumps to 140ish

in all settings the flickering in fps is very very rapid.

just had my brother on the phone wich runs on a ati and the problem doesnt seem to be there, his goes 59 stay a sec moves to 60 stays a sec, and so on, in a slow way like it usually does on vsync, and it doesnt jump over 60 ever.
Reply Quote
oh and no i didnt have this in the beta using the same driver
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
I have some similar problem, I have a solid 60fps but...you can see a difference now and then while playing, its like it goes blurry/rapid microstutter for 2-3 secs but fraps still reads 60fps. Running 6850 hd.

I heard someone say it's the game code and something to do with asset pre-loading.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hi there,

Can I ask if you've got the Geforce in an SLI configuration? We've seen similar things in SLI/Crossfire setups.
Reply Quote
not using SLI config no, just a single 570
Reply Quote
Hi there,

Can I ask if you've got the Geforce in an SLI configuration? We've seen similar things in SLI/Crossfire setups.

I have the problem and yes, running Crossfire setup with 2x HD6970
Reply Quote
Same problem.
Reply Quote
bumping cause ive seen alot of posts with the same issue but people labeling it as stutter
Reply Quote
I dunno if this might be the cause of the draining fatigue I'm experiancing while playing, seems to happen really fast, as in, barely get to play one hour before I start feeling drained, and after 2-3 hours I just HAVE to take a break...

FYI, never had any probs with games in general, so isn't like I have a history of having epilepsy or anything, although I do get the same symptoms playing modern warfare 3 but that game has very low FOV and many ppl get the same prob.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Hi! I've had this problem with my single gtx 680, I'm literally playing at 10 fps everytime I attack something. It only started happening after your latest patch as well.. Either way, does anyone know when we can expect to see a fix or am I / we waiting x y z months to play the game properly?

Shame really, maybe someone would like to group up after the fix as we're undoubtedly being left behind?

Gimme a poke if so.
Edited by PixieDancer#2398 on 16/05/2012 16:37 BST
Reply Quote
If I use vsynch in game at all with my GTX 590, it causes the screen to blank and my system to reboot. I then have to shut down the computer completely and let it sit a bit before reverting to stock game options on the software updater. Otherwise I just automatically blank and reboot anytime I enter D3. Also, when this happens I can't play any other games or run a benchmark like 3DMARK11 without the crash and burn. Apparently whatever VSynch does to my card resides in memory until there is a hard restart.

I can play any other games and benchmark to my heart's content until I load up D3 and turn on VSynch. After that everything is effected.

Single GTX 590 card (but I believe the GPUs are SLI'd internally?)
Reply Quote
Hi, quoted from my post here:

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4210081544#2

Hope it helps!

Hi,

I have a GTX 560 (non TI) and also face the same problem. The technical term for what you're seeing is "Screen Tearing".

I don't know where I read this, but apparently running the mode in "windowed full screen" mode solves the issue.

I personally prefer to play on full screen, so I'm not exactly happy with this solution, but at least it works temporarily.

Btw, an alternate solution if you insist on playing in full screen mode that seems to have reduced the screen tearing issue is:
VSync enabled
Max FPS Foreground/Background checked and set to 60 FPS

Good luck!
Reply Quote
If I use vsynch in game at all with my GTX 590, it causes the screen to blank and my system to reboot. I then have to shut down the computer completely and let it sit a bit before reverting to stock game options on the software updater. Otherwise I just automatically blank and reboot anytime I enter D3. Also, when this happens I can't play any other games or run a benchmark like 3DMARK11 without the crash and burn. Apparently whatever VSynch does to my card resides in memory until there is a hard restart.

I can play any other games and benchmark to my heart's content until I load up D3 and turn on VSynch. After that everything is effected.

Single GTX 590 card (but I believe the GPUs are SLI'd internally?)

yeah your card has a internal SLI solution and they said SLI has issues with vsync so they seem to know about it atleast
Edited by necrofobic#2796 on 16/05/2012 20:41 BST
Reply Quote
I have that stuttering problem too, FPS stays at 60 but it feels like the FPS dropped.

That usually lasts only 2~3 secs, but it's annoying.

I have a single HD 7970
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I'm using a GTX 680 and my performance is horrible in Diablo III. I will often drop a single frame, which will cause the game to stutter violently. My frame rate is also sporadic, it will be up and down all over the place, when in reality it should be stuck on 60fps constant. There's definitely something wrong with the game optimization or the Nvidia drivers, or both.
Reply Quote
Same problem here, fullscreen windowed fixes it. FRAPS doesnt even register a drop in frame rate, but it's definitely stuttering; looks like it drops to 45fps or so for 2-3 sec at a time. Im using a single 6870, so not an Nvidia issue. CPU is Phenom x4 955.
Reply Quote
hmm. I guess should have looked in to this :P. Well doesnt matter was planning to buy new machine anyway. Better power consumption if compared the old one. I guess ill try also in window mode and see if there are any framedrops.

*tested with windowed fullscreen. Seems not to "fix" the framerate drop occasionally problem for me atleast. Thou im using wine and linux to run but ya. The fullscreen with vsync is working except few framedrops. Faster cpu and memory would thou fix it. allthou it can also be hdd access times which is causing this as the data is read from the hard drive. OR then as said nvidia driver issue. I dont think it would be wine issue thou.*
Edited by Vesikulho#1266 on 17/05/2012 08:20 BST
Reply Quote
I have the same issues, at least the one from the beginning of the post.
I am running with GTX 680 Phantom and with vsync, or active vsync very ofthen it jumps to overt 100 fps and it goes very fast between 59 and 60. Also using the latest drivers.
I didn't see dropping frame rate as mentioned above.
Reply Quote
GTX 570 here...set at 60fps foreground and background...it's staying stable at 50fps...no idea why its stuck at 50 but at least its stable...if I up it to 70 it starts jumping between 69-70 though

PS: with and without Vsync enabled
Edited by Ziland#2286 on 17/05/2012 17:28 BST
Reply Quote
Same issue, with Gtx570 I also get stuttering when things are loading, like the first cast of a spell, the first monster of a certain type, death animations, moving to different areas, etc (fps will drop to like 56-57 and I get a noticeable chugging/stuttering that speeds up momentarily).

I can run BF3 on Ultra.

Can't run D3 on low.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]