Diablo® III

Set items+ legendary item drop rate is inadequate

90 Draenei Shaman
Ok so here is my problem. I`ve been playing with some friends d3 for the last few days and currently we are on hell difficulty and so far only one of us got a legendary item which makes me lean toward the idea that the drop chance of set and legendary items is waaaay too low. Dont get me wrong i have no problem with the chance for that kind of loot to be low and these items are hard to find (especially at the end of the game) but concidering that at the begining you are replacing items faster then u selling them to the vendor it just seems stupid to make the drops so rear. Plus the fact that chances are that you can find with no problem a blue item on ah with better stats (maybe rare?) then the legendary/set item u just had dropped. On top of that the set items are from what ? 5-8 pieces ? more maybe less ? i`ve seen one on AH and that set item was for level 20-30 (cant remember exactly) and it was a part of 8 set piece... 8? really ? chances are u cant find one until u hit inferno or something which puts finding 2 out of the question not to speak of 3 or more and even if a set item drop it has to be from the same set which makes things even harder which defeat the purpose of the whole grand idea for rare items since you really wont be able to enjoy them one way or another .
What i am trying to say is this if a normal player like myself and my 3 friends cant find a legendary or set item on low difficulty even one just for the kicks of it on low dificulty .... then whats the whole point of those items in the game ? You might as well just remove them because the avarage folk wont see them or use them. Keep the chances low for the end game i am ok with that but for the love of god boost the chances for the low level folk a little bit because those items right now are as good as none existant as far as i am concerned.
Reply Quote
I'm in the same spot as you.

None of my friends or myself have found a legendary item yet :(
Reply Quote
I'm so disapointed, seriously this sucks...
Reply Quote
True that
Reply Quote
As a wise man once said.
70% of the loot won't drop early game.

That's how it's made, that's how it is, that's how it stays.

Live with it
Cry about it
Go emo cus of it
^-- choose your destiny?

No one cares.
Reply Quote
Well, it reminds Diablo 2 a bit.
It was impossible to complete a sigons set at first run or so..
They are aiming for your other characters.

From the first glance you need one char of each class because you can respec the skills, but here people get it wrong because your item build is very important, like going full crit char or more defensive like.

Matters a lot in HC and people who you play with.

The point of this game is not only to finish it and kill big D in hell, the point is trying different item+skill combination.
Reply Quote
seems like rare drop from bosses is extremely rare, i got 2 legenday (1 nagel ring and other is dagger) both from random unik mobs. i havent get a singe rare bossdrop in nightmare yet, and only 1-2 in normal. were at act4 now, mebe we get more luckyier in hell tho.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, it reminds Diablo 2 a bit.
It was impossible to complete a sigons set at first run or so..
They are aiming for your other characters.

From the first glance you need one char of each class because you can respec the skills, but here people get it wrong because your item build is very important, like going full crit char or more defensive like.

Matters a lot in HC and people who you play with.

The point of this game is not only to finish it and kill big D in hell, the point is trying different item+skill combination.

you stand correct on that one but if we get back to Diablo 2 and compare D3 to it then we will reach the conclusion that d3 is still way off when it comes to set/legendary item drops compare to what u get in diablo 2. I have played diablo 2 enough and although i am not a hardcore player i do know that finding set/legendary items there wasnt a problem. They werent all over the place but u could find them from champion packs unique bosses etc.(not talking about grinding any of the lass bosses into oblivion just from normal packs)
With that aside i will put my point to you again `What is the point for set/legendary items if they dont really drop and ppl can't make use of them?`
The whole idea of those items is that people who play long enough will eventually get one so they can feel rewarded for their effort(correct me if i am wrong here) but instead of beeing rewarded the majority of the players are either not getting them or get a set/leg item which is totally useless to them/for them.
Reply Quote
Well, compared to D2 rares in D3 and even blues give you a lot more power like having 10 vit already gives you 100 life bonus.

As we don't have enough people who finished nm or hell we don't have enough numbers regarding the legendary drops.

And I think Blizzard wanted it to feel a bit different. Thats why they called what would be Uniques in D2 Legendary.

I see the difference as Uniques are just items with unique attribute set and some special attributes. While Legendary are well, Legendary :D
Reply Quote
Currently in act 1 hell. Not a single legendary so far, herp derp.

MF is about 30%, but it's hard to squeeze stats in anyway.
Reply Quote
I found 2 legendary items so far and I could find a good deal of em in the auction house too. However I haven't seen a single set item and the auction house didn't even let me look for one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well if legendaries and set items were easy to get and everyone had them what would be so cool about getting them in the first place? The more frequently you get set items/legendaries surely the less special they're going to feel! The fact that you have even come across a top quality item within only a few days is pretty good IMO.
Reply Quote
It's not so much that the drop rate is very low (which it is), but that the real problem is that there are very very few set or legendary items. I've felt like this has been lacking so far for me, it's not as much fun just getting to look at blue and yellow items.
Reply Quote
75 Human Rogue
As a wise man once said.
70% of the loot won't drop early game.

That's how it's made, that's how it is, that's how it stays.

Live with it
Cry about it
Go emo cus of it
^-- choose your destiny?

No one cares.

His friends care and you care for making your reply
therefore you're wrong
Reply Quote
I see 3 problems:

1. Low level legendaries and set items should be more available to all in normal difficulty. I don't plan on playing a lot of characters from scratch, I want to enjoy one on my first run. If I don't get set items as I was used to in D2 I get sad. And I have no problem in getting 2 items from an 8 set and buying the rest on AH.

2. If legendaries are so darn hard to find, then make their stats legendary indeed! I have rares better than many legendaries I see in AH. Make that RNG have some cap on the minimum value for stats. And tweak random stats for each class. Like stop puting int on bows please.

3. First time boss kill on nightmare+ diff should still give rare+ items. This was my bigest dissapointent when I killed The Butcher and all he droped was a bunch of blue items.

So far I am so dissapointed with item drops, especially with boss drops on nightmare that I refuse to play act2 untill blizz will fix this. I want bosses to drop good items on first run, on different difficulty.

In the meanwhile I am running the butcher like crazy and I managed in some 20+ runs to get 2 crap stats legendary items, surprisingly(!?!) from a chest and a dead peasant.

If blizz won't fix this soon it will be the end of d3 to me because frankly I don't have fun. :(

Edit: I have 100 MF on my lvl 40 char and I've been stacking MF since the begining.
Edited by Aerynn#2205 on 18/05/2012 09:05 BST
Reply Quote
Me and my friend are the same.... although we have found 1 legendary each, considering I have a 60 monk on Hell and barb on nightmare and I, myself have only found 1 legendary is kinda lame... wtb a higher drop rate than 0.000000001... plx :(
Reply Quote
finishing diablo on normal 2 day ago with my monk i found 2 Legendary iteams.
9lvl fists from an elite
2x lvl mage hands from a barel

so the is always chance to drop an legendary.
Low but there is.
Reply Quote
Everyone seems to miss something rather essential:

YOU HAVE THE BLACKSMITH THAT CAN PROVIDE RARE ITEMS WITH RANDOM PROPERTIES!!!

Have you seen that in D2? And do not tell me about the gambling part in D2, cause for that you needed tones of gold ...
Edited by Monk#2309 on 18/05/2012 13:23 BST
Reply Quote
Here is my strategy: Find a legandary item, wait for real money auction house, try to sell it to collector. If it sells, cool; if it doesnt, too bad
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
It annoys me how many people are complaining about the loot, the game has been out for 4 days now, people are RUSHING to hell/inferno assuming that they should be flooding with legendaries and set items. Diablo 3 is intended to be a reasonably hardcore game, it's only a matter of time (and complaining threads) before blizz end up tuning the drops etc so that everyone is in set items (much like wow) Give it more time, spend 2-3 days grinding hell/inferno with 50+ MF and I'm sure you will find different results.

Personally I would much prefer it the way it is, yes legendaries and set items appear to be VERY rare but imagine the feeling when you get one? if they become far more common they will also lose their appeal/rarity. I understand that some people do not want to spend days grinding gear but then you should probably play a different game - diablo is intended to be this way!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]