Diablo® III

Where are the set items?

I haven`t found a single set item so far and I`m already playing Hell difficulty 2nd act.

A friend found 1 set item so far playing on normal difficulty which was 1st and only set item he found.

What`s up with these set items? Is their drop rate extremely low? How can you complete a set with such low drop rates?
Edited by Herpia#1581 on 26/05/2012 00:20 BST
Reply Quote
The top set items are only craftable on the blacksmith after you find their recipes.

There are close to none mid-level sets, only 2-3.
Reply Quote
RMAH.

Real Money Auction House.
Reply Quote
Didnt find any legendary/set item yet. End of II act inferno
Reply Quote
26/05/2012 00:23Posted by Apos
The top set items are only craftable on the blacksmith after you find their recipes.

Really? Oh god... I hate crafting...
Reply Quote
RMAH.

Real Money Auction House.

this.
they are going the mmo pay to win route,
do you not wonder why they made the droprate of these specific items so incredibly low?
it is so we give up finding them and buy them through the rmah instead =)
quite pathetic really i never imagined diablo 3 would become this way..
Reply Quote
this.
do you not wonder why they made the droprate of these specific items so incredibly low?

Oh come on, d2 had the same drop rates why do people compain about it?
Reply Quote
this.

i dont mean to hate so much on d3 but i disagree in d2 i got alot of set items even the low lvl ones and they dropped semi frequently remember sigons set? and how much that dropped? it was common but in d3 the droprate is so low the set items might as not exsist at all =/
Reply Quote
got no set items so far only 1 legendary level 30 boots :(
Reply Quote
Got no set or legendary so far and I've been farming inferno for quiet a bit now. Got 4 other alts and they too got nothing.
Reply Quote
26/05/2012 00:20Posted by Herpia
I haven`t found a single set item so far and I`m already playing Hell difficulty 2nd act.

Me neither and the good items are "expensive" on AH
Reply Quote
I miss sets.
Reply Quote
This is ridiculous, and I cant believe there isn't more noise being made about this. At this point diablo 3 is no where near as compelling as D2, They have sucked all the fun out of the loot hunt which is what this franchise is supposed to be all about...

endless blues/ yellow's... Yawn.

and Action house just compounds it. Stop balancing around the auction house! It's just not fun...
Reply Quote
I've noticed a similar trend, I am on act 3 in Hell difficulty and I havent seen a single set or legendary item drop, just blues and yellows, it also feels like for all the hard work you go through to beat some of these champion mobs, the rewards rarely ever equal the effort
Reply Quote
This is ridiculous, and I cant believe there isn't more noise being made about this. At this point diablo 3 is no where near as compelling as D2, They have sucked all the fun out of the loot hunt which is what this franchise is supposed to be all about...

endless blues/ yellow's... Yawn.

and Action house just compounds it. Stop balancing around the auction house! It's just not fun...
Really? Whining about the color the itemvalue needs to have? How old are you, twelve?
Reply Quote
Quote:

The item system of Diablo 2 was of such magnificent design that it drove players to spend out of pocket to get items in the game. Blizzard has seen that and turned it into an in house revenue stream for them with Diablo 3. Where they've gone wrong is not delivering an item design of the caliber of Diablo 2, that will fuel that same passion that drove players to spend the real money they did on that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4peeO3yzY
Reply Quote
I really dislike the new drop rates for set items, and here's why...

My brothers and I would play Diablo II frequently and complete quick boss runs to find unique items, and sets to equip. All within NORMAL mode. We didn't really ever reach further difficulty levels together, but we still had the reward (and fun) of finding the "cool" items at lower levels. I didn't care how good or bad they were, it was still rewarding to find them, and get small bonuses for wearing multiple pieces of the set. This was the majority of the game for us, just finding these cool items was reward enough to play again and again.

Now the game is ruined, because to even find any set items you have to invest all your time to finding any unique items at all. Rares drop sure, but it's just not the same.

Call me a complainer, but this is just how i see the game, not nearly as rewarding.
And not to mention that I can't play the game right now because I can't play offline when their servers are "down for maintenance"... That's why I'm reading this rather than playing.
Reply Quote
this.

How can you say that they have the same droprates?
Reply Quote
i have really worked this game ... I'm in the end of Hell Mode now, I've spent a lot of time here farming to really be able to handle inferno. (I don't want to get there and not be able to handle it)

I've only found 1 Legendary item and I still haven't found even 1 Set Item yet.
Reply Quote
500 hours playing = 0 set items drop Hell yeah!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]