Diablo® III

Can we get a Nightmare mode for new characters?

Me and my friends finished normal mode last night, and I came on to roll a new character, under the assumption that nightmare mode might scale down to a level one character so people who found the normal mode a bit too easy could start with a challenge.

I don't really have any interest whatsoever in breezing through normal mode once for each class I decide to play, so is there any chance we could maybe see a scaled down version of nightmare mode, with more health and damage from enemies?

I'm not going to complain about how easy I found normal mode, because I know player skill is never constant, but can there please be an option for people to bypass it after they do it the first time?
Reply Quote
Scaled down Nightmare = Normal Mode, dolt
Reply Quote
Cool, except I'm asking for a version with Nightmare difficulty mobs scaled down to be difficult for a level one instead of a level thirty, and making it available for other characters.
Reply Quote
I was going to try to explain why this was a bad idea...but it started to hurt my brain.
Reply Quote
How is it a bad idea to add an optional challenge for those who don't want to repeat normal mode every time they make a new character?

No, seriously, please tell me because I'm failing to see your point and I'm genuinely curious.
Reply Quote
So you want nightmare, but easier... so normal mode?
Reply Quote
I don't want it to be easier than Nightmare, I want it to be scaled down for lower levels so you can do it at level one.
Reply Quote
16/05/2012 05:55Posted by HexStyle
Scaled down Nightmare = Normal Mode, dolt

lol.
Reply Quote
Let's have a scaled down hell mode and inferno mode too...because after beating nightmare and hell...who's going to want to run that stuff again?
Reply Quote
16/05/2012 06:09Posted by MohawkMark
I don't want it to be easier than Nightmare, I want it to be scaled down for lower levels so you can do it at level one.

define "scaled down"....and then define easier...
Reply Quote
Scaled down: Nightmare mode is a mode where the difficulty cap is raised and the mobs are raised in level to meet the levels people leave Normal mode. Scaling this down to give a similar difficulty level for lower level players would mean having something that is comparable without having level ones taking on level 30 mobs.

Easier: Lowering the difficulty of content so that it becomes easier to those experiencing it. Making an easier version of Nightmare would mean scaling the mobs to meet the level 30s coming out of normal mode and having them with lower health pools and damage than Nightmare, and with less use or no use at all of the stronger special abilities they gain through this difficulty mode.
Reply Quote
Scaled down: Nightmare mode is a mode where the difficulty cap is raised and the mobs are raised in level to meet the levels people leave Normal mode. Scaling this down to give a similar difficulty level for lower level players would mean having something that is comparable without having level ones taking on level 30 mobs.

Easier: Lowering the difficulty of content so that it becomes easier to those experiencing it. Making an easier version of Nightmare would mean scaling the mobs to meet the level 30s coming out of normal mode and having them with lower health pools and damage than Nightmare, and with less use or no use at all of the stronger special abilities they gain through this difficulty mode.

Just when you thought the OP couldn't get anymore stupid...here it is.
Reply Quote
I get what the OP is trying to say and failing at now. He basically just wants the game to be harder in general.
Reply Quote
But I don't want the entire game to be harder in general, I think normal mode is fine for a first step and for experiencing the story, I just want an option for a better challenge now that I've completed that, unlocked a higher difficulty and experienced the story.
Reply Quote
I think "Challenge" settings should be implemented in a future patch, maybe adding more resitances and raising the levels of all creatures by about 2-5 depending on their general ranking..... zombies would be level 3 instead of 1 and the skeleton king would be five levels higher...

also I'd like more magic item choking in a challenge mode outside of bosses (Only normal items and then uniques and sets but the uniques and sets would still be quite rare and non-transferrable)
Reply Quote
So, you want to break the franchise layout that was set in Diablo 2 because you finished Normal and don't want to do it on all characters?

Please, think about what you are posting before you do so.
They have 4 difficulties in place already. Stop trolling.
Reply Quote
If you really want a challenge at first, you could go through normal mode without changing stock gear or something like that. Create your own version of running it "iron man" (everyone does it diff)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Maybe it's because I'm not a die hard Diablo fan, and don't get the different concepts of the game......but I know what the OP means? How can you NOT get what he is saying? or are you all being intentionally obtuse?

He wants a 'nightmare' mode setting playable from level 1. As I understand it, Nighmare continues your character at whatever level you were when you chose it? So if you finish normal at level 35 or whatever, it scales the starting zone/quests/mobs etc?

Forgive me if the above is wrong, not played previous Diablo games.

Another way to put it is, imagine Skyrim, or any other game, you play from the start at 'level 1' on normal (Easy) complete it, you can then go back to the start, with your starting level/magic/items etc and do it again on a harder difficulty.

Again, apologies if I didn't get the gameplay of what nightmare etc is, a continuation of your character from the start, but with harder mobs etc.
Reply Quote
if normal is too easy just play through it and start at nightmare level. They're not going to customize the game jst for you.
Reply Quote
I would absolutely do that, and I tried, but you cannot start at Nightmare level, which was why I raised this question.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]