Diablo® III

Character deleted

Hi.

Yesterday I played through as a WD to about level 20. Logging in this morning, apparently I have no characters and now I am back to step one to make another.

WHAT IS GOING ON. :/ is this some kind of server fault? I definitely did not delete my character manually, so why can't I see/access him? Answers please...

(edit). None of my characters appear on my character list, and as well as this, when trying to create another character, the option to choose the act is greyed out, telling me 'please complete the campaign' or somesuch.

Wtf blizzard? :/
Edited by AquaticSloth#2172 on 16/05/2012 10:13 BST
Reply Quote
42 Blood Elf Paladin
And you are sure, that you log in to the same server? EU/US
Reply Quote
yesterday they switched allot of EU chars to US servers... i hope they chance it bac ksoon cus this is unaccaptable
Reply Quote
Yep, same servers and everything. It's also worth mentioning I have very good account security, as well as the mobile authenticator. I can guarantee I was not hacked at all. It seems to be a problem with the retrieval of my character list, or perhaps blizzard have simply deleted my character somehow? :/ Either way I want to know why/how and hope this gets fixed, because I'm not going to play through again and have a few hours wasted. What if this error happens when someone has a level 60 with a load of gameplay hours? :/
Reply Quote
Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Reply Quote
Ah, thanks. Should've tried that before raging, lol. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Still, wtf? Very confusing!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
yes it is bad that it happends.
The client is set to US servers as default, and then we make characters without checking because we wanna try the game.

We all think this: We download the clinet from OUR battle.net account that is a EU account, then we expect it to be set to EU, but NOOOOOO.

Hope blizz will fix it or i'm gonna be pissed. My lvl 22 Barbarian is on US server, but i will play on EU.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hello,

If you had the Beta installed you may have been assigned to the Americas server when logging in. We advised accordingly and advise therefore that you check which server you're logging into on the login page.

We will not be able to move characters for you between regions, hence the reasoning behind checking the region you're logging into.
Reply Quote
They claim that it isn't possible to move characters from region to region but it's clear there has been a monumental !@#$-up with the regions at launch.
Reply Quote
Hello,

If you had the Beta installed you may have been assigned to the Americas server when logging in. We advised accordingly and advise therefore that you check which server you're logging into on the login page.

We will not be able to move characters for you between regions, hence the reasoning behind checking the region you're logging into.

i DID choose Europe before starting the game. it has "jumped" to US.
Reply Quote
Hello,

When I installed the game I made sure to set my region to Europe, but my characters are still on the wrong server. Lots of other people have posted with the same issue on the diablo forums.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This should have been fixed. We download a client from our battle.net and should NOT have US as a default.

When people wanna play D3 at launch, they dont check region because they are downloading a client where it says EU, and not US.

Alot of people have this problem and you guys are saying that you cant do anything about it, and thats BS.
And yes, it IS possible to move chars from US servers to EU, since ALOT of people made chars on EU server (they checked before logging in) had all the real-id friends there (you dont see your friends of you are on US servers) and their chars where moved to US after the server crashes.
Edited by joakimp#2892 on 16/05/2012 10:33 BST
Reply Quote
I had EU selected all along and it jumped to the US server, give me my charactger back now or a refund.

I cant play with my friends anymore cos i'm on the wrong server!
Reply Quote
I just logged into the game today to pick up playing my Barbarian lvl.10 and it's gone with all my achievements and play data. I have tried switching to US and to EU again and it's just not there :(

4 hours of my play time yesterday is gone and I have no idea why?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I just logged into the game today to pick up playing my Barbarian lvl.10 and it's gone with all my achievements and play data. I have tried switching to US and to EU again and it's just not there :(

4 hours of my play time yesterday is gone and I have no idea why?

yeah. 30-40% of all players have wasted their time playing D3 after making sure that the clinet is set to EU, and after 2-15 hours of gameplay, the characters are on US servers.

Blizz fault and they should fix it and give us our chars back.
Reply Quote
My issue is I have no character on any realm and it's like I have never played the game :/
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
I've had this problem too, albeit my character was only up to level 9, but it still should not be happening. I made my character and set things up on an EU server, logged back on last night and its gone. Just checked US today and he is there.

Pathetic.
Reply Quote
73 Undead Warlock
Hello blue poster!
It seems to me, that you should address this issue asap. Even though people are getting aggravated for not being able to log in, it is nothing compared to someone that gets his char deleted, is it not?

Making a char and lose it is beyond fail, it's an amateur move by you guys.
It's pathetic really.
Edited by ShermenZ#2490 on 16/05/2012 10:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Hello,

I followed your advice. I uninstalled the beta. I made the check. I set my region to Europe in Options before starting. But I STILL had my level 14 character moved from EU to US.

Nice way to reward your beta testers. Very poor customer service that you won't help fix your mistake by moving affected customers characters back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]