Diablo® III

Character deleted

I checked a bit again and my character is on the US realms :(

Well I guess I'll just start again on the EU one to play with my friends.
Reply Quote
I specifically checked this before I played yesterday after being warned of this by friends.

I selected Europe. I hit apply, then accept, and logged in.

This morning I find that despite my settings still being set to "Europe", it logs me into America anyway.

Customer Support's only response to this is "We have no plans to allow moving of characters at this time", so basically 'Too bad.'

My advice is to just create a character with the region name on every server, that way when you log in you can look at their name and know what region you're on. Thats the only way to tell currently, since the login server decides to pick whether to send me to the US or EU at random without examining my client settings. Pretty poor show.
Reply Quote
The same happend here, I specifically checked before playing that it was set to EU, then I played for 4h and got disconnected, after logging in again, my char is gone and is now an Americas server, wtf????

To be honset it is an absolute disgrace and shows how much respect Blizz shows to its customers when they got screwed without doing anything wrong......
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is just poor customer service by blizzard. I downloaded the open beta, but was never able to play due to error 37 and its cousins. I deleted it quickly after the open beta was over, and therefore i downloaded the EU Client from my account page and chose the EU setting.

I opened the options menu after 1 hour and saw that i had the US servers selected and promptly changed it to EU servers, nothing happened no messages or anyhting so i figured it would just put characters on EU servers the next time i logged on. Since i was alreday in i dident feel like relogging and continued to play for 2hours before i went to bed far to late.

I understand the reasoning behind the internet required for multiplayer characters, and was expecting broken servers the first day. But this, it seems like a large amount off your european customers will either today or at somepoint dureing the week logg on only to realise that their characters are more ore less gone with no way of getting them back. Unless they want to experience hig ping and being unable to play with their friends. All because blizzard screwed up the default setting for the digital edition.
Reply Quote
I can't log in to my lvl 19 wizard anymore... it says "This Character Cannot Be Used With a Starter Edition License".. Wtf haha I bought the game online the only way I could, and I just got booted.. now I cant play with this char?
Reply Quote
Hello,

If you had the Beta installed you may have been assigned to the Americas server when logging in. We advised accordingly and advise therefore that you check which server you're logging into on the login page.

We will not be able to move characters for you between regions, hence the reasoning behind checking the region you're logging into.

bla bla bla...

We want solution
Reply Quote
Hello,

If you had the Beta installed you may have been assigned to the Americas server when logging in. We advised accordingly and advise therefore that you check which server you're logging into on the login page.

We will not be able to move characters for you between regions, hence the reasoning behind checking the region you're logging into.

bla bla bla...

We want solution

Unfortunately, Customer Support has no solution. Their response to me was "We have no plans to offer character transfers."

So basically their response is: "Sorry, too bad. We've got nothing."

Personally i'm just going to give up on this one, its not a worthwhile fight. Just make new characters and begin again.
I've learned my lesson now. Don't buy products from Activision Blizzard on release...
Edited by AllFlarus#2496 on 16/05/2012 12:19 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That was nasty stuff...
I believe that most of us have been waiting this game for years now. During launch everyone is so excited that no one really checks region (which should be defaulted by region you play imo!)
I only lost 2h, but it still pisses me off when that path to skeleton king is run over hundred times in beta and now AGAIN because of blizz has done something wrong!
I would love to get my character back on my region. would it be too much to ask?
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
I guess this happened to all beta players. Because I uninstalled beta long ago, but settings were the same with beta settings at first log in. I also changed the server to eu but did not turn off and on. I was expecting the game check my server decision at character creation not at start up .

Ty blizz for a waste of 2 hrs :)
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
You had to log out completely and start game again. Lol, funny right?
Reply Quote

Unfortunately, Customer Support has no solution. Their response to me was "We have no plans to offer character transfers."

it's just that it moved from EU to US server in the first place, so it doesn't seem to be impossible...
Reply Quote
Not particularly :D ah well, nevermind.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Same problem here. I am 100% sure I had it set on EU servers. No doubt about it. Today I logged in and my character was gone. I had to switch to US serve in options and there was my charachter again. WTF are you guys at blizzard doing? This is beyond embarrassing. Either way, I bought this !@#$ty game just to have something to play untill guils wars 2 is released.
Seems like I wont play this worthless game anymore. You call it a finished product? You guys should be ashamed. Bragging about how many years you guys had to make the best Diablo game ever, and you cant even hold up stable servers at launch, and now this with characters switching from EU servers to US server. And on top of that you are trying to blame it on us the players, that WE did something wrong. Man that is low. Atlest with Areanet I know they will deliver a great product since they will release their game when it is truly finished. Last time ever I bought a Blizzard game, ever.
Edited by Davjo#1136 on 16/05/2012 18:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Same problem here. I am 100% sure I had it set on EU servers. No doubt about it. Today I logged in and my character was gone. I had to switch to US serve in options and there was my charachter again. WTF are you guys at blizzard doing? This is beyond embarrassing. Either way, I bought this !@#$ty game just to have something to play untill guils wars 2 is released.
Seems like I wont play this worthless game anymore. You call it a finished product? You guys should be ashamed. Bragging about how many years you guys had to make the best Diablo game ever, and you cant even hold up stable servers at launch, and now this with characters switching from EU servers to US server. And on top of that you are trying to blame it on us the players, that WE did something wrong. Man that is low. Atlest with Areanet I know they will deliver a great product since they will release their game when it is truly finished. Last time ever I bought a Blizzard game, ever.

If you did not remove beta folder which was advised MANY times on site and on forums - that is indeed your fault, not Blizzards. Face it.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Rogue
Well I did! I deleted everything. Face it!
Reply Quote
I uninstalled AND deleted my Beta game + folders, made sure in patcher that my region was EU, made sure in-game client was EU, created character on EU, this evening when logging in my character was on US... WTF!
Reply Quote
I also had the beta installed from the weekend open beta. I uninstalled it before installing Diablo 3, checked i was on europe server. After the outage my character was not shown. After looking on the us server there it was.
IF there were any settings left on my system from the Beta why would they all of a sudden redirect back to the EU server? Nothing changed on my system on while the outage happened so ergo something must have happened on the Servers. Maybe an IP redirection error, which was fixed when they were down?
Blizzard please manage peoples expectations and concerns by saying you'll look into it. Then everyone will calm down.
Reply Quote
16/05/2012 19:17Posted by Loqe
I uninstalled AND deleted my Beta game + folders, made sure in patcher that my region was EU, made sure in-game client was EU, created character on EU, this evening when logging in my character was on US... WTF!

they probly have option issue, the Auction House is buggy too... Diablo III ain't perfect, they are fixing it, let just hope they can make it work decently this week and week-end, that's all I ask
Reply Quote
I set the server to America and played on a barbarian, then I logged on yesterday and made a new character... I didn't realize the server had changed itself to EU, now my characters are separated. I don't mind a new game having bugs but it pisses me off when the developer doesn't offer any solutions, it's pretty f---ing rude to their customers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Well same problem goes for me.... im sorry but my chars moved into us servers lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]