Diablo® III

Any Benefits to Hardcore Mode? CONVERSATION - Help/Tips

I changed the name so people read through this thread to get a little idea about HC =]

Update: Hey guys since I made this thread and that was awhile ago, I have had one Hardcore character from the start, I have a Monk level 39 so far on Act 2 of Nightmare mode, its good to see people interested in talking to each other on the thread so I'll keep it alive as much as I can =]

Update 2: I have sad news =[ since last night my all so close level 42 Monk died in a 4 player co-op, in act 2 of nightmare mode, we was playing a DH and a Wiz, it went perfectly fine, we was all the same level, and we did good together, THEN one of them invited there level 46 barbarian... who just rushed everything, I kept saying I don't like the idea this random guy friend of yours just rushes everything, so 40mins later or so, entered the dungeon to find erm, I can't remember his name but you need to find his head in one of the caves, there was 2! Boss types in one little area, with a heck ton of skeletons and guardians, two of the boss/rare types had well one had wall and immunity shield, and the other had teleport (teleport to them) and freeze ball thing that makes you freeze... That combo my friends... killed me and my friend who was a wizard all because this damn barbarian guy ran in like a fool and attracted them all onto the bridge, getting us stuck on a small ramp from walls and freeze, they freezed us one, I was able to pull one heal off while trying to run.. but because of the walls it was hard to even move, then there was the freeze YET again and after that, I was dead in seconds.. so was my friend who played the wizard... so that's my sad story over =[

R.I.P Liara - Monk level 42 well just about 42.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Message.

As the title says, is there any benefits, I tried to look on the Diablo 3 wiki but not really enough info yet, they said stuff about unlocking Banner icons and that is about it, and I heard about about the leaderboard what seems cool, but what about anything else? Thanks =]

EDIT: Thanks guys for all the replies, sorry been busy with the game and real life so kind of hard to check everything out at once! But I completed Act 1 sad times ='[ anyways, I made a Wizard and got to level 14 with him, then stopped and made a Monk and got to level 14 again and that is my main for now for Hardcore, I love it yet I know anytime soon I could die, its so cool but yet scary at the same time, so thanks for all the replies :D

And to this message before, I was only asking because I played Diablo 2 and there wasn't much added for Hardcore mode other than well, death. But I just wanted to know IF there was anything apart from Achievements and the thrill, that is all, thanks for the comment anyways.

What I am about to say is not meant to be insulting, but to be taken as pure wisdom.

If you have to ask what the positive reasons are for playing hardcore, then you should not be playing hardcore.

That is all.

Edit: The username Revzo that I used to comment is my Guest account so I could play with my girlfriend to show her Diablo lol, it said my name at the top so I thought it was my main account haha, my bad, but never mind :D
Edited by Revso#2587 on 23/05/2012 21:01 BST
Reply Quote
Free adrenaline source for years to come.
Reply Quote
I can see there are increased drop rates and you also unlock Hardcore achievements.
Reply Quote
Do you get extra exp points or extra gold?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
no all hardcore means is very simple. if you die, you have to restart.

same game same loot, same random mobs... you just get 1 life.
Edited by Toffy#1844 on 16/05/2012 13:27 BST
Reply Quote
Or get under the blanket and cry.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
crying is onyl for the DC / random cut scene deaths :P otherwise you learn from your mistakes and come back stronger and more wise :)
Reply Quote
HC makes the game more enjoyable for the masochists who play it. There is no extra reward for your death pain except that every moment up until you die you feel more alive and more involved in every mouse click.

If your playing diablo to amass loot and access the end game content asap SC will get you there faster but if you wanna do it and feel stupidly proud then the only way is HC.
Reply Quote
16/05/2012 14:42Posted by dogpickler
every moment up until you die you feel more alive and more involved in every mouse click.

So true! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You get to gloat to your friends about not being a casual baby and being a hardcore.
Reply Quote
Posted by dogpickler
every moment up until you die you feel more alive and more involved in every mouse click.

very true

I found I raced through act 1 and didn't die. so I made a hardcore hero and started again With a new class. Now I am careful and take my time. Enjoying the game like this. Will cry tho if I die.
Reply Quote
The people you play with are generally much more professional and effective
Reply Quote
no all hardcore means is very simple. if you die, you have to restart.

same game same loot, same random mobs... you just get 1 life.

Not quite, in my puny 11 levels as a Wizard, i noticed new mini-areas and loot, even a lore item i never saw before. And this was just in the starting zones (cemetery of the whatever).
Not to mention seeing 3 yellows drop from the witch king, i mean arthas, i mean, oh gosh... That guy, the boss. lol
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
16/05/2012 15:38Posted by Ujellybrah
You get to gloat to your friends about not being a casual baby and being a hardcore.

Yeah, i guess.....if you are 12.

If you still do this, you need to do some major growing up. :)
Reply Quote
What I am about to say is not meant to be insulting, but to be taken as pure wisdom.

If you have to ask what the positive reasons are for playing hardcore, then you should not be playing hardcore.

That is all.
Reply Quote
Mad respect for hardcore players. I'm actually quite disappointed as the close to 15-20 guys i know who are playing Diablo 3, only another one besides me is playing hardcore...

I just find that i cannot enjoy the game if im not playing hardcore... and the first playthrough, whilst not knowing anything about the content, is by far the best one.

Having a blast, playing 2 chars at the same time, so the blow of losing my first char won't be disheartening :)
Reply Quote
What I remember about Diablo 2 was hardcore.

When I lost my first HC it was at level 20 and my cry of F*** could be heard for a block. What I learned was that when you make a HC character you should bid goodbye to it in that instant when it's first made, they're born to be wasted.

I later made a HC that went to level 50 something and never died.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
you need to be patience and dont try to rush, do this and you will enjoy Hardcore. if you want to enjoy the game to its fullest i highly suggest trying Hardcore, there is nothing more exciting.
Reply Quote
Huge amount of respect for the Hardcore Players!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I love hardcore because it makes the game more exciting and you care about "now" rather then "when i get to 60 i will farm for that rare thing". A SC rusher would never bother to care about gear while levling.
I care about my gear every step of the way, i go to every random mini dungeon and explore every area fully to get a bit more xp before the next step and i'm genuinly happy for every upgrade i find on the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]