Diablo® III

unsupported graphics card list.

I would appreciate it if blizzard would add the nvidia geforce 9400m video card into the unsupported card's list. it will save a lot of people money that are trying to play this game. before installing i looked to see if i met requirements which i did. but the poor frame rate makes it impossible for you to play during combat. 60 dollars down the hole. thanks for your consideration.
Reply Quote
spread the wordd so people don't get mad. oh yeah no refund too.
Reply Quote

WTF
Reply Quote
wat
Reply Quote
You are absolutely right on this. Blizzard should stop lying to customers and admit Diablo 3 is unspported on mac os and Nvidia 9400m. I am so glad i had a guest pass so i saved my money.
Reply Quote
Read this thread thoroughly and look into US forum link. All unsupported cards lie there. And there are a lot.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4079098908?page=1#1
Reply Quote
deleted it off my mac...guess i'll play on my old laptop till i buy a new windows desktop :(
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hello,

Please check these steps for assistance with this, it should help if you're on a 9400m on an MBP:
http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-running-slow-or-choppy-mac;jsessionid=DF98C060FAFBDFDE1C0681591E5300C3.blade32_07_bnet-support#4
Reply Quote
i did all of that before i made the post. its obvious its about the graphics card all im asking is that you put it on the unsupported list because its complete garbage
Reply Quote
agreed! +1
Reply Quote
+1

It would've been nice if Blizzard had tested this on all the cards they claimed to have supported beyond just the Menu. EVEN the menu is slow, which is mind boggling. It's like playing the game with the screen smeared with vaseline, and the frame rate is just as fluid.

My computer is perfectly fine with every other spec requirements, the fact that I'm basically stuck with a game that runs on blistering turtle speeds when I'm told I could at least PLAY it with all the graphics set to "lame" and the tiniest window to play it in. I can barely see what loot I need to pick up. Thank goodness of it's super slow playability or else I'd miss it!
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

So i Just wanted to respond with this thread because I had a question as to where I would find the "High Performance" Option because I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I can't seem to find it under the Energy Saver Screen. I have the same 9400M graphics card and skeptical as to if it's going to help, but I'm trying all the steps Blizzard told me to take just so when it still doesn't work I can say I did EVERYTHING lol.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
9400m doesnt have energy saver options its for 9600
Reply Quote
The game runs fine on my macbook pro.. for a few minutes.. then BAM, slow motion framerate. It's not that my machine can't run Diablo3, the first 30 mins were fine on high settings and an increased resolution on an external monitor. Then suddenly it's unplayable.
I can turn all settings down and decrease the screen res, restart everything, follow their 'mac' instruction page, and still it plays like it's underwater.

Login server issues, memory leaks, .. and now I'm waiting in a que for the European servers.. How could this be more screwed up?
Reply Quote
is it really unsupported? I'm getting really bad performance on my macbook pro with the 9400m. i hope blizzard can solve it with a patch later. excellent game, awful performance on my specs and i was told that i met the minimum requirements.

PD i run starcraft 2 at mid settings at 30 frames so i don't understand whats going on
Reply Quote
13 Human Warrior
I get error message telling me my HD 5800 series card is not supported with the game ????? http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/323/1331323/1331323_120517021002_Error.jpg

and I got a HD 5850
Edited by DeviantCyber#2706 on 17/05/2012 01:22 BST
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
The cute little FAQ for MBP is useless, of course, but it needs to be linked so people feel like there's some response. In the meantime, the System Requirements claim I should be able to play on that card, while about 1/3rd of the game is a slideshow on min res/quality settings.

Let's not fool ourselves, it doesn't *really* work, right now.
Reply Quote
+1. The game runs veery slow on the 9400m. Killed Leoric with 8 fps. Terrible.
Reply Quote
is it really unsupported? I'm getting really bad performance on my macbook pro with the 9400m. i hope blizzard can solve it with a patch later. excellent game, awful performance on my specs and i was told that i met the minimum requirements.

PD i run starcraft 2 at mid settings at 30 frames so i don't understand whats going on

i have the same problem and the only thing i can think of is the graphics card 9400m i did a lot of reading and apparently the 9400m is garbage for shading and some other stuff i didnt understand. im guesssing its just cause of the type of shading in the game? idk but it really doesnt work well
Reply Quote
wish i didnt have to buy a new computer just to play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]